Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden patch 1.09 is available now with some pretty big changes to the core gameplay experience. The Madden team discussed the patch on a Twitch stream today, here are some highlights:

• A fix is in to prevent multiple nano-blitzes using the B-Gap. The RG will now always look inside to outside for blocking assignments.
  • The 'playcalling/pause' freeze is fixed (where you lose input data and have to dashboard).
  • Untimed downs will occur at the right times (this also fixes the FG Block glitch).
  • A rare bug where QB sacks were creating a stopped clock has been fixed.
  • User QBs will now get less of an accuracy penalty on All Madden difficulty level.
  • Patch notes also mention general stability improvements (aka less freezes).
Be sure to play a few games and let us know what you think of the changes in the space below!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 D81SKINS @ 02/23/16 03:41 PM
This update seems to be geared toward online play, which is just fine w/ the offline guys that have finally got their sliders/settings set.
I"ll play a few games in my offline CFM today and post any abnormalities in the slider forum. I would doubt this would affect an offline cfm that was started when the game released.

# 42 howboutdat @ 02/23/16 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakazo
Did I really just scroll through 4 pages of people complaining about weather?!! I'd rather they focus their attention to gameplay any day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
For the record, im not complaining about the weather, but just saying would like to see it back in the game because someone before brought it up.

That said, while im glad the team has put more work in this years madden than in the past ones. Great job there . Only thing that kinda worries me is , how far behind is all that work going to put them behind for madden 17?

The reason i ask this is.Before Madden 16 came out , they kept saying "just wait until madden 16 , its a full dev cycle madden" ......Yet they still had a ton of things to fix , and just now wrapping that up , from a full dec cycle madden. So does this mean madden 17 wont be full cycle because they still working on madden 16 in feb?

I hope it wont, but makes me fear madden 17 , we may end up hearing, well we had to work so long on 16 to fix it so much, we lost too much time to add much of anything to 17...... Just hope this isnt the case and what we hear.

# 43 saybur @ 02/23/16 03:50 PM
I was really hoping (tho not expecting) they would unlock the XP sliders for offline CFM. It's the only thing that really makes me want to play online, but I get disconnected far too often mid-game to tolerate it.

I was also hoping for more realistic line play. Hopefully that gets addressed in M17!

# 44 roadman @ 02/23/16 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
For the record, im not complaining about the weather, but just saying would like to see it back in the game because someone before brought it up.

That said, while im glad the team has put more work in this years madden than in the past ones. Great job there . Only thing that kinda worries me is , how far behind is all that work going to put them behind for madden 17?

The reason i ask this is.Before Madden 16 came out , they kept saying "just wait until madden 16 , its a full dev cycle madden" ......Yet they still had a ton of things to fix , and just now wrapping that up , from a full dec cycle madden. So does this mean madden 17 wont be full cycle because they still working on madden 16 in feb?

I hope it wont, but makes me fear madden 17 , we may end up hearing, well we had to work so long on 16 to fix it so much, we lost too much time to add much of anything to 17...... Just hope this isnt the case and what we hear.
I don't think that will be the case.

Rex said, and I'm sure I posted it in this thread, they are giving back to the fans. They don't want to give out a 60 dollar game in August and turn around and say thank you and that is the last you will hear from them until 17.

I wouldn't worry at this point, worry when you can complain or praise after you have 17.

# 45 saybur @ 02/23/16 03:58 PM
Did they add more draft stories? I started a new franchise and I see one for a MLB that is a boxer. I don't think I have ever seen this one before. Did I just miss it?

# 46 howboutdat @ 02/23/16 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think that will be the case.

Rex said, and I'm sure I posted it in this thread, they are giving back to the fans. They don't want to give out a 60 dollar game in August and turn around and say thank you and that is the last you will hear from them until 17.

I wouldn't worry at this point, worry when you can complain or praise after you have 17.
Yeah i know Rex will do all he can, with him in charge, madden has def turned around and im glad to see it. I just wonder about how much they have been able to work on 17 already.Still has a good ways to go on CFM. Still has alot of things needing fixed/added.I understand the time limit issue and thus, just makes me wonder if all this work will force less improvement for next madden.

# 47 slick1ru2 @ 02/23/16 04:18 PM
Glad they fixed the B gap nano blitz. My last online game this cheeser (ps ID WESTPHILLYSTEVE) was using it. I had the Bucs and he had the Cards. How much of an advantage does one need?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 48 D13 @ 02/23/16 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Did they add more draft stories? I started a new franchise and I see one for a MLB that is a boxer. I don't think I have ever seen this one before. Did I just miss it?
Nothing of that sort was talked on...msotly nano and all madden solos were the majority of talk during the outcast today...

# 49 BrianU @ 02/23/16 04:31 PM
Reading impressions of the hardcore scene it sounds like blitzes are just as doable. I don't understand why they try to bandaid fix certain plays. They will always be playing catch up. Like hitting a bee hive with a foam bat. They need to fix the underlying blocking systems and until they do nothing will change online in the top ranks. People will always find the most efficient ways to get to the QB as fast as possible. They should time the average time it takes an NFL linemen to hit a QB and match that up in the game. If you are blocking more men or equal men to the amount of rushers a defender should not come in entirely unblocked to the extent that's possible currently. TE and RB set to block along with the line should be enough. Sure the RB might get shed quickly and beat but at least even the worst blocking RB should have some effect. It's just balance between blocking and rushing that is not there. Fix the systems not the plays.

I do think Rex and the team mean well and are glad they are the current regime. They are heavily involved with the gamers and it's a positive sign. The e-sports slant they are on IMO is good for the game and getting it to behave as a sim, when they implement what is necessary to prevent pass rush insanity.

I think it needs to be the #1 priority.

# 50 troy184 @ 02/23/16 05:29 PM
So, are the things listed in the OP the only things covered in this patch? Were there actual patch notes released?

# 51 troy184 @ 02/23/16 05:45 PM
Just to compare here are the October patch notes....http://www.operationsports.com/news/...ails-included/. This patch was a huge disappointment. A couple fixes to stop cheesers and that's it? How about fixing the fact that I can't see my defensive linemen or linebacker in the league leaders for sacks category? I mean that's a problem that's only been going on for what like 5 years now? Or how about fixing the fact that ******* Phil Simms keeps saying my QB had a terrible game last week when he actually balled out and threw for 4 TD's and 0 picks. So many problems so few fixes smh. I could go on for days. GG Madden GG

# 52 TheShizNo1 @ 02/23/16 05:51 PM
How many patches does Madden normally drop after the season is over?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 53 troy184 @ 02/23/16 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
How many patches does Madden normally drop after the season is over?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Not enough.....they could drop a patch every week until next football season and still not fix all the issues. But they can update MUT every week. Can a brother get some color rush uniforms?

# 54 Smallville102001 @ 02/23/16 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakazo
Did I really just scroll through 4 pages of people complaining about weather?!! I'd rather they focus their attention to gameplay any day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Game play is the most important thing in any game but this is the first time in like 10 years that madden plays a good game of football and they have already done a lot already with patches and most things that they could do game play wise are things that couldn't really be done with a patch and that could maybe break the game trying to fix in a patch. Weather on the other hand is something that needs to be fixed.

# 55 SeaTownGamer @ 02/23/16 07:10 PM
Can anyone confirm if the DB Strike still works? I am getting abused with that defense and refuse to play my.friend until they.fix that. That is all he runs on defense against me and that play basically is impossible to run or pass on a consistent basis.

# 56 charter04 @ 02/23/16 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Can anyone confirm if the DB Strike still works? I am getting abused with that defense and refuse to play my.friend until they.fix that. That is all he runs on defense against me and that play basically is impossible to run or pass on a consistent basis.

I'm guessing it's not fixed. I've never heard of that being an impossible play to go against so I'm sure no. Might want to test it yourself if it's not in the patch notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 57 powercord55 @ 02/23/16 08:22 PM
I appreciate people want weather fixed, but has the actual issue of every game freezing at the menu after every CFM game been fixed? That's a genuine game breaker.

# 58 roadman @ 02/23/16 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
I appreciate people want weather fixed, but has the actual issue of every game freezing at the menu after every CFM game been fixed? That's a genuine game breaker.
The OP states stability issues fixed ,so, there could be that??

# 59 reverend_heat @ 02/23/16 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Wow playing ever game in the whole season that is nuts that is going to take you up in till like madden 17 to finish a season lol. How do you decide what team you are going to play as and what team the CPU is going to be when you play a game?
Thats how I play also, having stats you know are real is really nice, just wish we could get a season mode back to avoid the rosters being destroyed by simming a meaningless preseason.

# 60 YouAllReadyKnow @ 02/23/16 08:43 PM
Iv had rain games offline no snow tho

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.