Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden NFL 16 patch 1.11 has just arrived, weighing in at 1.15 GB. More details as they are announced.

UPDATE: Just received word from 2 representatives at EA. If anything else is announced about the patch, this post will get updated.
  • Small tuning
  • MUT content
  • No other specific details were given
What you are seeing?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 azdawgpound @ 07/21/16 02:59 PM
I've played one game since update it was a good game but the fumbles... 3 straight drives by the cmp lost fumbles.

One happened when rb..tried hurdling my defender flew up in air lost ball, next 2 drives they lost ball on the KR.

It went from being a competive game to a few sec's 28-7.

I think in game there was 6 fumbles 3 for me 3 by cmp..

Before this game with adjustments I made after last patch with sliders etc I thought I fixed game I had games where I couldn't do nothing right and losing to cmp this game felt like before where I just run rough shot over the cmp and they couldn't contain drives .

Hopefully this was just one game and won't have go back through and re adjust them again.

Last game before this was a great game back and forth I played against bucs and evans and Jackson were unstoppable evans scored 3 TDs and torched my defense came down to last sec fg by me to win.

Will do more testing and hope not see a ton of fumbles cause I liked how game was playing.

# 42 l8knight1 @ 07/21/16 03:00 PM
Agree mostly with what everyone else is seeing. I'm seeing my backup backs! Better pass rush, draw play is working, struggling on both side of ball against AI. Faked out of my shoes in open field against AI back. Saw a few very bouncy footballs too. Where has this all been? Seems to be a '17 primer, and I'll take it.

Edit: Just saw a nice pocket collapse with everyone covered.

# 43 Brooke2011 @ 07/21/16 03:00 PM
Not the hard core ..... Just the ones on the fence... ... With this update my qb slouches over with fatigue after throwing five passes . My tight ends disappear from the lineup after 3 catches. Can't stop the cpu run game. I was on the fence on getting madden 17 right off the bat because I had 16 playing great with great stats. Now by the time I get back to that I'll just get madden 17 sooner....

# 44 sportsfan1976 @ 07/21/16 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
If u didn't receive a notification, u may have to restart your console. I've noticed Xbox one sometimes doesn't recognize when an update to a game is required. So, at worst, try restarting your console. Then, try to play M16, and see if u get a 'software update' prompt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the feed back.

# 45 roadman @ 07/21/16 03:24 PM
I can't remember the last time I've seen a tipped ball coming from an onrushing DL. DL came within a three yards of my QB, swatted the ball and the ball was intercepted.

# 46 LowerWolf @ 07/21/16 03:31 PM
I've downloaded the patch, but have yet to play with it. Has anything changed difficulty wise? I'm kind of between AP and AM, so I'm trying to decide which one to start with post-patch.

# 47 OhMrHanky @ 07/21/16 03:34 PM
Always interesting to see the mixed results after a patch. Ive had my fumbles slider at 42 for awhile, and was seeing appropriate fumbles. While some are seeing big time fumbles with the patch, I have not seen this (continuing using 42, btw), so that's interesting. I had one play where I stepped up to avoid pass rush and escaped the pocket. I have rarely done that in M16. Only one play, but it's just interesting. Gameplay feels tweaked in a good way, for me, at least. I have not had to modify sliders at all. Since fatigue is working again, I am actually now raising this to see what I get (I reset it to 50 after last patch), so that's it for me. Otherwise, it feels good to me, overall.

Edit: oh yeah, and I ran a kickoff for a TD. And, feel like the special teams blocking feels different? Not sure if anyone else feels this.

# 48 picker19 @ 07/21/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Not the hard core ..... Just the ones on the fence... ... With this update my qb slouches over with fatigue after throwing five passes . My tight ends disappear from the lineup after 3 catches. Can't stop the cpu run game. I was on the fence on getting madden 17 right off the bat because I had 16 playing great with great stats. Now by the time I get back to that I'll just get madden 17 sooner....
I'm guessing the reason we are seeing this update now is not because EA is trying to play mind games with getting us to buy M17, but because they're following a Test and Learn approach. I'm assuming EA follows an agile development methodology, hence the frequent patches. Rex said himself that they learn more in the first few weeks of releasing something into the market versus months of their own internal testing. So, my take on this surprise patch is that they're testing stuff out before M17 hits the market, so they have data to try and improve M17 ASAP.

# 49 roadman @ 07/21/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
I'm guessing the reason we are seeing this update now is not because EA is trying to play mind games with getting us to buy M17, but because they're following a Test and Learn approach. I'm assuming EA follows an agile development methodology, hence the frequent patches. Rex said himself that they learn more in the first few weeks of releasing something into the market versus months of their own internal testing. So, my take on this surprise patch is that they're testing stuff out before M17 hits the market, so they have data to try and improve M17 ASAP.
My thoughts exactly, plus, the Madden team has stated there will be continuous development throughout the year.

# 50 azdawgpound @ 07/21/16 06:22 PM
Played 2 more games since last posting...

First game was against jags... complete blow out won 42-3

Bortles had bad game went 6-21 36 yards ivory had 67 yards rushing

3 fumbles in this game 2 for jags both on ST...resulting in quick scores for me was up 21-0 at half.

Next game played seahawks

This was complete different game that went to OT.

The Hawks took a 10-0 lead and Russell was unstoppable... I finally saw the escaping of qb's that others have seen as Russell escaped play after play had huge run.

Looked like Hawks was gonna win late as it was tied 13-13 ...Hawks were driving late but my defense finally stepped up and forced fg with 1:41 left in game.

I got a great KR near mid field I drove and got to Hawks 7 yard line had huge choice go for it win in reg... or kick fg go to OT.

No time outs I took fg tied 16-16.

I received kick in OT drove down scored TD won 22-16.

I also saw the subs working as well as my fb got subbed out during last drive my back up fb scored game winning TD.

If this EA... using 16 as a test for 17 maybe they shoulda done this in previous yrs to get feedback.

# 51 avwhitechic @ 07/22/16 01:12 AM
After playing a few games of H2H I noticed the commentary was much better..it's almost as if they fixed a bug that was keeping the commentary from being more fluid I definitely noticed new lines being said or that where never said before. Sideline reporter mentioned and went indepth about an injury and said how many games said player would be out. This was online h2h games

# 52 JayD @ 07/22/16 08:15 PM
With fatigue fixed are you guys seeing offensive linemen subbing out? I just did a test drive with 15 total plays, 11 rushes, at default everything and I didnt see a single sub by the offensive line! Very promising. I also saw 7 rushes from my starting RB and 4 from my backup.

# 53 roadman @ 07/22/16 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
With fatigue fixed are you guys seeing offensive linemen subbing out? I just did a test drive with 15 total plays, 11 rushes, at default everything and I didnt see a single sub by the offensive line! Very promising. I also saw 7 rushes from my starting RB and 4 from my backup.
Yes, I am on very long drives with fatigue at 50.

# 54 Smallville102001 @ 07/23/16 01:59 AM
Well this sucks I think the patch brook my game This is the first madden game that was good and not crappy in like 10 years and I had not had a single bug that was more then small in till after this patch. I played a game yesterday didn't have issue but I am playing a game right now me packers vs CPU Lions and in the early part of the 3erd quarter and now on like 6 plays in a row the CPU has soon has the huddle breaks a player on the lions just jumps onto the ground for an offsides. I tried to put the game into rest mode and then start the game up and that didn't do any thing. Now I am going to call a time out and see if that stops this. If not I guess I am going to have to go back to a old save which means I would lose about a game and a half and this last 2 games or save I have had a lot of TD passes. This really sucks. Ok just tried and no difference guess I am going to have to replay a game and a half now. Man EA it is always something. First madden that didn't suck and now a patch breaks the game only a month before the new one comes out.

# 55 azdawgpound @ 07/23/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Well this sucks I think the patch brook my game This is the first madden game that was good and not crappy in like 10 years and I had not had a single bug that was more then small in till after this patch. I played a game yesterday didn't have issue but I am playing a game right now me packers vs CPU Lions and in the early part of the 3erd quarter and now on like 6 plays in a row the CPU has soon has the huddle breaks a player on the lions just jumps onto the ground for an offsides. I tried to put the game into rest mode and then start the game up and that didn't do any thing. Now I am going to call a time out and see if that stops this. If not I guess I am going to have to go back to a old save which means I would lose about a game and a half and this last 2 games or save I have had a lot of TD passes. This really sucks. Ok just tried and no difference guess I am going to have to replay a game and a half now. Man EA it is always something. First madden that didn't suck and now a patch breaks the game only a month before the new one comes out.
I've played like 4 or 5 games since update and I haven't seen anything like that u sure u not doing hard count and making them jump?

# 56 JasonZimmerman @ 07/23/16 12:39 PM
I didn't really see anything different. The jerseys colors were a touch better but nothing felt different for me.

# 57 Brooke2011 @ 07/23/16 12:40 PM
No , I've noticed that as well...... I guess I'm not alone

# 58 roadman @ 07/23/16 02:08 PM
It's not a conspiracy theory as previously suggested.

And fatigue is working properly.

# 59 charter04 @ 07/23/16 03:44 PM
Finally got to play post patch. All I've played is draft champions v a user. Fatigue is working for sure. Seems like it's how it was when the game came out. Nothing else seemed different as far as gameplay

# 60 Smallville102001 @ 07/23/16 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's not a conspiracy theory as previously suggested.

And fatigue is working properly.

Not saying it is and I don't notice any differences with fatigue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I've played like 4 or 5 games since update and I haven't seen anything like that u sure u not doing hard count and making them jump?

Yes I am sure I had to replay the game. Like I said it was happening before I even got to the line. How can I hard count when I cant even get to the line with out the CPU diving and going off sides lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.