Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

More NBA 2K17 player ratings are being revealed by the actual NBA players on Twitter. Below are the ones that have tweeted so far, click the links below for a screenshot of the player in NBA 2K17. We will continue to update this post as more screenshots and ratings are revealed.Your thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 661 Crunky @ 08/28/16 03:37 PM
It's inexcusable that 2k17 Paul George looks like an overweight Michael Sweetney and you actually come to the defense of 2k smh.

# 662 gabri3l3 @ 08/28/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
The only thing that I care about is if I can identify him while the game is a motion
This is sadly what most of the 2k fanbase thinks

Even with NBA Live 99 you could do that

# 663 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/28/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
This is the reason why I'm pro competition I actually root for NBA live success and you all should too even as fans of NBA 2k. If NBA lives not a success next year we are going to continue to have these same issues with NBA 2k unless we hurt them in the pocket. Look at it this way if 2k can get one player model correct, they can get all player models correct because where talking about one of the best game developers in the world. You telling me with all the money we give them they can't hire elite artist's to get player models on point. So enough of the excuses no matter how much you defend 2k they still won't hire you so it's ok to take the Cape off.
No one cares about NBA Live. They had their chance and blew it. They sucked, and customers spoke with their wallets. NBA 2K was destroying NBA Live who been around for years before VC came on the scene. No one looked at NBA Live and say "The gameplay sucked, but those graphics though!".

NBA 2K is improving year after year, and guess what? Customers are talking with their wallets. The existence of another NBA game is irrelevant, because NBA 2K is setting the bar for SPORTS games in general. To move from being the best NBA game to be being one of the best Sports (I know they're outselling Madden, but i think the soccer games sell the most units due to its global popularity) game is one hell of an accomplishment.

# 664 Crunky @ 08/28/16 03:57 PM
But this year is different since there's no competition NBA 2k can sell us a bag of bones and people would blindly buy the product. At this point 2k hasn't showed enough to people to warrant a purchase unless your an Online gamer or Mycareer gamer. You have to question 2k if we don't recieve enough information that we deem worthy of a purchase than we can all say 2k isn't progressing like they could unless they had a competitor. I know ksutton you said NBA live wasn't competition but I'm telling you it's not the same without having a choice.

# 665 Mauer4MVP @ 08/28/16 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peZt
If someone told me these screenshots were out of NBA Live 14 I would believe them.
NBA 2K used to have such great graphics, what happened? Now the players look like wax figures, which used to be the reason people always made fun of NBA Live graphics.
I don't think you realize that says a lot more about your attention to detail than it does 2k...

# 666 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/28/16 04:04 PM
There's no excusing that the game isn't perfect graphically or from an art standpoint. But it's absolutely hilarious you have guys thinking "it's an easy fix" "why don't they lengthen this or shorten that"

Unless you have a background in Video animation or computer graphics I suggest you stop coming to the conclusion that everything is an easy fix. Unless you KNOW what it takes to change it, you can't talk about the process needed to do so.

I have absolutely no issue with pointing out errors or incorrect things, but I don't come in these threads with a delusional sense that I know what needs to be fixed and 2k doesn't.

# 667 MontanaMan @ 08/28/16 04:08 PM
Quote:
No one cares about NBA Live. They had their chance and blew it. They sucked, and customers spoke with their wallets. NBA 2K was destroying NBA Live who been around for years before VC came on the scene. No one looked at NBA Live and say "The gameplay sucked, but those graphics though!".

NBA 2K is improving year after year, and guess what? Customers are talking with their wallets. The existence of another NBA game is irrelevant, because NBA 2K is setting the bar for SPORTS games in general. To move from being the best NBA game to be being one of the best Sports (I know they're outselling Madden, but i think the soccer games sell the most units due to its global popularity) game is one hell of an accomplishment.
That's why 2K added early access to career mode and face scanning ahead of release like Live?

Live may not be a threat now, but their presence in the market keeps 2K at least a little bit honest.

# 668 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/28/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
That's why 2K added early access to career mode and face scanning ahead of release like Live?

Live may not be a threat now, but their presence in the market keeps 2K at least a little bit honest.
I call it stealing an idea they won't be using any time soon.

# 669 Hopsin @ 08/28/16 04:34 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people realize this is still a video game..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 670 ©roke @ 08/28/16 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin

So their marketing team is lying?

# 671 Leasim96 @ 08/28/16 05:00 PM
I'd say it all comes down to not working at 2k ourselves - we can predict and make conspiracies but that's all. We don't work there and that's that. I find it funny that a few years ago we were still in last gen and graphics looked almost the same for years. Not many complained as they knew limitations because they were stated. Now we are in next gen and apparently everyone is a tech expert who knows the limitations of next gen even though no one has stated why things may be the way they are. If things are the way they are there must be a reason - we can jump to conclusions but the truth is we don't know for sure and that's that. I personally see it as they changed the games build which makes body types seem different - but the game run smoother. Either way - I say many of us get used to big changes real quick - the positives we dismiss them. And quickly jump on the negatives - let's stop dismissing improvements made every year. When we do that is easy too criticize 2k. Once humans get used to better stuff it's sad how quick they forget how it was before. Let's be grateful. I see so much entitlement these days. If you don't have experience - knowledge - or simply don't work at 2k stop assuming you know more about their game than they do. Do this - do that - anyone can do that. To actually know the process behind every - do this - do that - is true knowledge. I'm sure few who demand better have that.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

# 672 Hopsin @ 08/28/16 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [emoji767
roke;2048374866]So their marketing team is lying?

Wym bro?

# 673 Crunky @ 08/28/16 05:04 PM

# 674 Goffs @ 08/28/16 05:05 PM
Quote:
Wym bro?

He's not mad... it's 2k's slogan this year

"This is not a game"

# 675 Hopsin @ 08/28/16 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
He's not mad... it's 2k's slogan this year

"This is not a game"

Ohhhh I forgot all about that [emoji23]

# 676 jfsolo @ 08/28/16 05:09 PM
Quote:

We all have our hot button issues. The difference seems to be IMO, in how these issues are discussed. In a reasonable manner with the intent to offer viable solutions or in a vitriolic fashion, more intent on bashing.

# 677 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/28/16 05:10 PM
I really think some of y'all just love to see your post no matter how outlandish and annoying you look

# 678 MontanaMan @ 08/28/16 05:19 PM
Quote:
I call it stealing an idea they won't be using any time soon.
You can, but the idea wouldn't have existed without Live implementing it first.

# 679 ForeverVersatile @ 08/28/16 05:19 PM
How many threads have there been about graphics or wrong body types this past year? I know I've seen a few.

Like WIsports said, why do we need to continuously point out things that we know for sure the gameplay guys see before it goes public.

# 680 Vni @ 08/28/16 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
We all have our hot button issues. The difference seems to be IMO, in how these issues are discussed. In a reasonable manner with the intent to offer viable solutions or in a vitriolic fashion, more intent on bashing.
Exactly jfsolo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.