Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

While these aren't final NBA 2K17 player ratings, as mentioned by Ronnie 2K and LD2K, it definitely gives us a glimpse of what we will see when the game ships. Typically, 2K updates the rosters prior to release. But let's have fun with what we see TODAY. There are quite a few face scans in both videos as well, from some of the rookies and popular players in the league.

Shoutout to Familyfirst Glo for the videos, who knows how long they will be available.

Below are some of the higher rated players on each team. (The Wizards were not shown)

Atlanta Hawks
  • Millsap - 86
  • Howard - 84
Boston Celtics
  • Thomas - 85
  • Horford - 85
  • Bradley - 82
  • Crowder - 81
Brooklyn Nets
  • Lopez - 81
  • Lin - 76
  • Bogdanovic - 76
Charlotte Hornets
  • Walker - 85
  • Kidd-Gilchrist - 79
  • Batum - 79
Chicago Bulls
  • Butler - 88
  • Wade - 87
  • Rondo - 81
Cleveland Cavaliers
  • James - 96
  • Irving - 89
  • Love - 82
Dallas Mavericks
  • Nowitzki - 84
  • Barnes - 79
Denver Nuggets
  • Gallinari - 80
  • Faried - 80
Detroit Pistons
  • Drummond - 87
  • Jackson - 82
Golden State Warriors
  • Curry - 94
  • Durant - 93
  • Thompson - 90
  • Green - 90
Houston Rockets
  • Harden - 90
Indiana Pacers
  • George - 90
Los Angeles Clippers
  • Paul - 91
  • Griffin - 87
  • Jordan - 85
Los Angeles Lakers
  • Russell - 79
  • Ingram - 78
Memphis Grizzlies
  • Conley - 85
  • Gasol - 85
Miami Heat
  • Bosh - 86
  • Whiteside - 85
  • Dragic - 78
Milwaukee Bucks
  • Antetokounmpo - 83
  • Middleton - 81
Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Towns - 88
  • Wiggins - 82
New Orleans Pelicans
  • Davis - 90
New York Knicks
  • Anthony - 88
  • Rose - 80
  • Porzingis - 80
Oklahoma City Thunder
  • Westbrook - 93
  • Adams - 81
Orlando Magic
  • Vucevic - 80
Philadelphia 76ers
  • Okafor - 79
  • Simmons - 79
Phoenix Suns
  • Bledsoe - 85
Portland Trailblazers
  • Lillard - 89
  • McCollum - 83
Sacramento Kings
  • Cousins - 90
  • Gay - 80
San Antonio Spurs
  • Leonard - 93
  • Aldridge - 88
  • Gasol - 84
  • Parker - 80
Toronto Raptors
  • DeRozan - 87
  • Lowry - 86
  • Valanciunas - 82
Utah Jazz
  • Favors - 85
  • Hayward - 84
  • Gobert - 81
Washington Wizards
  • (None Shown)

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Anyone have the curry face?
Here you go bruh

# 142 GuwopGeezus @ 08/31/16 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
1 point under I believe. Don't know why they didn't show Kyrie more love smh
Kyrie's rating is appropriate. 89 is still very high and whether he is an 89 or 90 he'll still play the same. You have to remember he's still a one way player with average playmaking skills for a point guard. By comparison, James Harden who is also a one way player is only one point higher than Kyrie so it's all fair. KAT is an 88 because he is a very good player on both sides of the ball in addition to being able to shoot as a big man. While an 88 rating did catch me off guard for him, like I said whether he is an 88 or 85-85 he'll still play the same.

# 143 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 07:21 AM
Man we've come a long way...... we may have taken some shots at the art team for body models etc. but man.....

......we've come a long way......

# 144 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm27
Anyone know if there is a Steve Adams screen around ?
Haven't seen one - but good question. The hair seems so good this year I'm keen to see what they've done with Adams.

# 145 Kingd803 @ 08/31/16 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Here you go bruh
Thanks sir.

# 146 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/16 07:41 AM

I feel like we hace seen like 7 different builds of Jimmy Butler...

Looks good.

# 147 J_Posse @ 08/31/16 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
Oh my god...Giannis...

No muscle definition, weird proportions...

Hmmmm, they didn't change his body model at all. If anything they gave him the "high school" model that so many players got stuck with, but at least his skin complexion is closer to real life.

Maybe it is something they can address pre-launch or through a patch? Otherwise, we are stuck with these inaccurate body types (they need to add more variety in particular, IMO) until 2K18. With a possible lock-out looming that could be what gives the art team the time needed to address the issue, TBH...

On the plus side, they've added every Air Jordan and nearly every Kobe, LeBron & Kyrie signature model to 2K17.....

Plus, some retro sneakers I believe....

https://www.instagram.com/familyfirst_glo/

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 148 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/31/16 07:53 AM
The afros look amazing this year. Too bad I cut mine off. I hope they have a regular waves with a taper fade cut lol.

# 149 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I feel like we hace seen like 7 different builds of Jimmy Butler...

Looks good.
The irony is I think this leaked Butler is being better received than the official pic 2K release.

Looks awesome IMO.

# 150 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/31/16 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
The afros look amazing this year. Too bad I cut mine off. I hope they have a regular waves with a taper fade cut lol.
They something close last year lol

# 151 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 08:19 AM
These new head scans are up another level. 2K18 will probably be "true body scan" or at least more body types. The only real point of the body scans appears to map tattoos and scars on whatever body models they currently have.

# 152 DC @ 08/31/16 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Ratings debates are always fun.

I personally think Draymond is very skilled. But there is no way in hell he's more skilled or talented than Kyrie Irving. No way in hell, on earth or anywhere in between.

In my opinion haha.
Draymond is a more complete PF than Kyrie is a complete PG.

That is what that overall rating is saying more than Draymond > Kyrie.

Plus they are different positions and the formulas are different PER position. So I wouldn't even compare the ratings of the two.

That is like asking which one tastes better between Pizza and Gelato. Sweet vs Salty, how can you compare?

# 153 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Draymond is a more complete PF than Kyrie is a complete PG.

That is what that overall rating is saying more than Draymond > Kyrie.

Plus they are different positions and the formulas are different PER position. So I wouldn't even compare the ratings of the two.

That is like asking which one tastes better between Pizza and Gelato. Sweet vs Salty, how can you compare?
Makes sense..... gets me that there isn't more emphasis on ratings by position I guess.

Like when Madden does "Top 5 QBs" "Top 5 RBs" etc. etc.

But yeah, I see your point.

# 154 DC @ 08/31/16 08:36 AM
Yea, I always tell folks to look at the TIERED rankings of players instead of just looking at a standalone rating.

Who is Kyrie grouped with? Is he in the Top 3 PGs? I am sure he is. So no issue.

No need to trip over 1 or 2 overall points. Look at the person (of the same position) that is above and behind the player and use that to determine if the rating makes sense. (If you must do that)

# 155 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Yea, I always tell folks to look at the TIERED rankings of players instead of just looking at a standalone rating.

Who is Kyrie grouped with? Is he in the Top 3 PGs? I am sure he is. So no issue.

No need to trip over 1 or 2 overall points. Look at the person (of the same position) that is above and behind the player and use that to determine if the rating makes sense. (If you must do that)
Yep I'm with you.

Ratings to me are extremely trivial when I think about it. Hard to critique unless you know the foundation upon which they're built I suppose....

# 156 DonWuan @ 08/31/16 09:16 AM
Where the gameplay at though?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

# 157 Mauer4MVP @ 08/31/16 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC

But Ricky Rubio man!

# 158 Mintsa @ 08/31/16 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagzigallah
this Norman Powell fail got me weak lol, almost a deal breaker. 2K HQ is in Cali and Norman been there all summer and they can't get him in for a scan? bruh...

he requested his screen on twitter last week and that didn't get dropped either so I'm praying they're trying to avoid another embarrassment and are working on it. It's on some Evan Fournier level disappointment considering they couldn't get his scan in LAST season either but 2nd rounders like Josh Richardson, Joe Young and Connaughton had theirs, gtfo.

He's literally the one player I was looking forward to finally using in 2K after last season, smh.
Yup...Norm God is going to blow up this year. Anyone that follows Raptors basketball knows this. Maybe it can still get fixed ?? At least its better than last year.

# 159 InRodWeTrust @ 08/31/16 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC

But Kyrie isnt a Top 3 PG... Curry, Westbrook, Paul...

# 160 Yuss @ 08/31/16 10:16 AM
The player scans look amazing. Player likeness has never looked this good.

Unfortunately, players who don't get scanned are going to be an eyesore lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.