Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

With the ability to expand the NBA from 30 teams, up to 36 teams in NBA 2K17 MyLEAGUE and MyGM modes, Forbes has posted the 10 cities available expand into.
  • Nashville Stars
  • Pittsburgh Force
  • Kansas City Knights
  • Virginia Storm
  • Vancouver Ravens
  • San Diego Surf
  • Cincinnati Lions
  • Baltimore Barons
  • Louisville Liberty
  • St. Louis Sound
They also post some details on rule changes. Make sure you give it a read.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/06/16 11:43 AM
It's probably already been answered somewhere, but will we be able to edit uniforms/courts/arenas BEFORE starting a MyLeague or will it be the same as last year?

# 22 RLebron12 @ 09/06/16 11:45 AM
Really surprised they didn't use Cincinnati Gorillas...

R.I.P. Harambe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 23 stocksy @ 09/06/16 11:45 AM
So from year one in my GM can I create Sonics and be the sonics???

Was bummed last year when it didn't work that way....

I can expand the league In year one?

Anyone know how the finer points work of expanding league and divisions etc? (In the game I mean)

Also would like to know about Jerseys like others have asked.

# 24 2kSupremeonYoutube @ 09/06/16 11:50 AM
Rebranding all teams is possible this year right ??

# 25 NYJin2011tm @ 09/06/16 11:52 AM
I will create my own NJ team which I will control. I will def be bringing back the Sonics and I'm going to put a team in Pittsburgh.

# 26 LorenzoDC @ 09/06/16 11:52 AM
Where are my dev blogs at!!??

I KNOW them boys in Cali are up by now.

# 27 Vni @ 09/06/16 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Where are my dev blogs at!!??

I KNOW them boys in Cali are up by now.

Were we supposed to get one today ? That'd be about time, only 10 days away.

# 28 WMoore75 @ 09/06/16 12:08 PM
I'm moving The Grizzlies back to Vancouver...changing Memphis back into the Sounds and moving them to the Eastern Conference, bringing back the Seattle Sonics and Cincinnati Royals.

# 29 poloelite @ 09/06/16 12:18 PM
Man, I was hoping Vegas would be one of the teams with full expansion support.

# 30 CEOHaize @ 09/06/16 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
Nope, I will too. And I'm expecting you to do all the logos and arena work for me. Ha ha, just kidding.

LOL man I wish I could. I'm not as talented with stuff like that. But if you need a deck built or basement redone I'm your guy.

# 31 Eyeman79 @ 09/06/16 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEOHaize
Also am I the only one who plans on running a separate MyLeague with all college teams?
That was my first thought.or maybe a Euroleague. So you can create a league with LESS THAN 30 teams. I have not seen that answered anywhere. I thought the custom league was 30 - 36 teams

# 32 HustlinOwl @ 09/06/16 12:50 PM
as close to college hoops I can get

# 33 aka_EM_JAY @ 09/06/16 01:04 PM
"We found out about the rules committee within MyGM and MyLeague during the NBA 2K Community Event. After every season in MyGM and MyLeague, the rules committee will meet to determine if there will be any changes.

It takes a certain percentage of approval from the league’s owners to pass a rule. According to Erick Boenisch, the mode’s executive producer told me you can’t turn off the rule change process, but you can override any of the decisions you don’t like in MyLeague.

If you don’t like a passed rule, you just make it unapproved and vice versa."

THIS! I wonder how big some of these changes are going to be.

# 34 LorenzoDC @ 09/06/16 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Were we supposed to get one today ? That'd be about time, only 10 days away.
They never announced a media/marketing schedule, but I'm sitting here like. . .

# 35 SportsFanatic10 @ 09/06/16 01:38 PM
I'm hoping that we could switch those names around and still have the commentary support. Like I would be ok with the Vancouver Lions for instance, but the Vancouver Ravens sounds disgustingly bad for a team name. I don't know who thought of some of these but wow.

Another option I'm hoping would work is say take an existing team like Memphis and rebrand then to give Vancouver back their Grizzlies name, and since it's already a used name within the game there's a chance that the commentary would be able to use it for them too? IDK I really like how they have the premade teams all set up with commentary, just wish they made the names better is all.

# 36 nox @ 09/06/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
So from year one in my GM can I create Sonics and be the sonics???

Was bummed last year when it didn't work that way....

I can expand the league In year one?

Anyone know how the finer points work of expanding league and divisions etc? (In the game I mean)

Also would like to know about Jerseys like others have asked.
I remember reading somewhere before that they added adio support for em but couldn't use them as one of the 10 pre made teams

anywho that means they'll say the sonic name and such with your own picked re-design

What I wana see is all the jersey's and such for the pre-made ones, didn't like how custom teams were only home or away in 16 and would like to pcik ahead of receiving the game

# 37 Rip4ever @ 09/06/16 01:56 PM
Am I the only person who giggles at the thought of NBA teams in Cincy and Louisville?

# 38 jr86 @ 09/06/16 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman79
That was my first thought.or maybe a Euroleague. So you can create a league with LESS THAN 30 teams. I have not seen that answered anywhere. I thought the custom league was 30 - 36 teams
This...Anyone know??

# 39 MBhoops @ 09/06/16 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman79
I'm confident I saw/heard FranchisePlay saying you couldn't have less than 30 but you could rebranded the 30 you do have.

# 40 Td1984 @ 09/06/16 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Am I the only person who giggles at the thought of NBA teams in Cincy and Louisville?
The Sacramento Kings used to be in Cincinnati until 45 years ago (and Rochester, NY before that). The ABA's Kentucky Colonels were based in Louisville (and one of the best teams throughout the league's existence).

I for one will be eventually expanding to both locations. I just wonder if I try and stagger the expansions (Year 1 I'm doing the Seattle SuperSonics and an unnamed Las Vegas team; Year 5 it's the Kentucky Colonels and Cincinnati Royals; Year 10 the Buffalo Braves and Nashville Stars, plus rebrands of other teams along the way), will the CPU interfere and start expansion teams on its own, messing with my plans? I really don't want to expand by 6 teams at once just to get them in how I want.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.