Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K today released a new trailer highlighting the all-new NBA 2K17 MyCAREER storyline. As previously announced, players will be able to play alongside Michael B. Jordan’s character Justice Young, a rising NBA star that teams up with your MyPlayer in the path to NBA stardom. NBA 2K17’s MyCAREER experience has been completely revamped to include enhanced player creation, more dynamic interactivity, new authentic endorsement system and a new off-court AI system.

Watch the trailer here and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 coachcolbert @ 09/07/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueHoliday
Can't wait to play on rookie casual to stat pad and unlock everything for pro am asap.

cmon Holiday! lmao! we cant be so blatant with it lmao! youre telling on us!

also seems tats are confirmed but dont know about custom tats

# 62 extremeskins04 @ 09/07/16 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
OK.... I've watched it a couple times. I thought maybe I missed something the first time, but I've com to the conclusion that this trailer is simply underwhelming.
I think it was just 2k not wanting to reveal too much so they spoil the mode.

# 63 LWest1622 @ 09/07/16 12:45 PM
My question is..... I know on the Prelude we can only play 4 games (freshman year) but when it drops next week can we choose to stay in college or will we have to enter the draft?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 64 MBhoops @ 09/07/16 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twebb5896
Unless you're uglier than the guy you just described can't you just scan your face?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
What makes you think he's white?

Do people not understand this is an RPG now. Not everyone wants to create themselves in the game.

# 65 champ1997 @ 09/07/16 01:26 PM
Hey Steve_OS can you find out how Justice position is determined

# 66 extremeskins04 @ 09/07/16 01:27 PM
There is one concern of mine as I watched the trailer again.

I feel like the "journey" of your player will still be scripted like it was last year. Like, obviously the story is about you and Justice being a duo, but does that mean your ENTIRE career will be you and him?

1. What if I get traded or released to FA? Will Justice get traded to the same team also?

2. Is he going to literally follow me around everywhere like a lost puppy?

3. Like all the "branching paths" will be ...me and my teammate Justice instead of me taking a different path.

4. All my decisions will reflect me and him, not just me?

Clearly if i'm a Point Guard and he's a Small Forward or something, the team we're on might want to deal me to a different team but that different team already has a good SF so he stays and I go? See what I mean?

I'm curious how this will play out.

# 67 scottyp180 @ 09/07/16 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23
This looks flat out cheesy.. Where is the individuality. The reason why i stopped playing this mode was because of the fact that the story line effects actual gameplay. Your gonna have that one game that you come down from a deficit. Your gonna have that one game where you make a buzzer beater. I just want to play basketball. Let the results speak for themselves. Im not trying to see a basketball movie. I wanna play a basketball video game.
That stuff is still there you just need to get through the story aspect of the mode first. Last year I basically skipped all the cutscenes for this exact reasons. If I'm going to play a story mode that is suppose to be "my" career I don't want a linear mode that removes my individual personality. From the start of the mode last year I was immediately taken out of the story when my white my player had a black family. For me it removed the "my" aspect from "my career".

However once you got through the actual story mode it was back to a traditional my career that focused on the on court stuff. Playing games and scheduling off days. last year options were practice, endorsement, or hanging out with another player or the team owner. Practice actually had you controlling your player during a practice but the other options were simply click yes and enjoy the benefits (which varied from more vc, more fans, a special dunk/shot package, increased team chemistry, etc).

# 68 3304Life @ 09/07/16 01:34 PM
I'm white so thank god for the new face scan software cos I don't think I could recreate my face of anybodys face for that matter with the tools in-game. That's not important though, MC is looking good again just as long as this stuff doesn't abruptly end with Michael B. Jordan dying at the end of the first season and me being supposed to care.

# 69 choteron2 @ 09/07/16 01:44 PM
This gameplay comes from a spanish videogame website called vandal.net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV7vj_SddhU

# 70 Fiasco West @ 09/07/16 01:46 PM
I don't mind the story, I switch between MyPlayer and MyLeague any ways so the MyPlayer isn't make or break for me...

I am worried though that Michael B Jordan is locked into what it looks to be a guard (Shooting Guard?) position? and I wanted to be a scoring guard and if he's locked into a certain position then...seems like that would limit the type of player I want to be.

# 71 gantous @ 09/07/16 01:49 PM
I wish they would do a seperate STRICTLY SIM type career mode option for us that don't like the cheesy cutscenes and terrible nickname. I understand the whole idea behind MYCAREER is basically just for the whole MYPARK experience and what not but why can't we just have a career mode where we pick our parents like the old Madden games and let us decide how we want our career to go.

# 72 ForeverVersatile @ 09/07/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choteron2
This gameplay comes from a spanish videogame website called vandal.net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV7vj_SddhU

Good footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 73 ovoxajo @ 09/07/16 01:52 PM
I'm actually worried bc I feel as though Justice and Denver are set as Guards in the story. It almost feels as if it is tailored for you to be a big, I just don't want to not be able to win games because I usually do a 5'10 PG and I don't want to be forced into an overloaded backcourt. Hopefully it works out and doesn't end up that way though.

# 74 coachcolbert @ 09/07/16 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gantous
I wish they would do a seperate STRICTLY SIM type career mode option for us that don't like the cheesy cutscenes and terrible nickname. I understand the whole idea behind MYCAREER is basically just for the whole MYPARK experience and what not but why can't we just have a career mode where we pick our parents like the old Madden games and let us decide how we want our career to go.
mycareer is def not for the park guys lmao. im always going at it with park guys cause im a pro am guy but i gotta defend them on this one - NONE of us park or pro am guys like having to play mycareer to raise attributes. i think if you polled all park/proam guys at least 70% of us would rather to never have to play mycareer lol

# 75 Fiasco West @ 09/07/16 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoxajo
I'm actually worried bc I feel as though Justice and Denver are set as Guards in the story. It almost feels as if it is tailored for you to be a big, I just don't want to not be able to win games because I usually do a 5'10 PG and I don't want to be forced into an overloaded backcourt. Hopefully it works out and doesn't end up that way though.
Yeah this is my biggest concern with it. I really hope that's not the case and you can pick their positions. I guess we'll know Friday. This seems like a pretty big thing to overlook.

# 76 sactown_13 @ 09/07/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
cmon Holiday! lmao! we cant be so blatant with it lmao! youre telling on us!

also seems tats are confirmed but dont know about custom tats
Its a known thing that a bunch of you do this.

# 77 Ghostly15 @ 09/07/16 02:12 PM
Sorry but HATE these forced stories. It's just corny. I love playing my career cut scene here and there but last year's story and they didn't learn their lesson and came with another one??

# 78 coachcolbert @ 09/07/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
Its a known thing that a bunch of you do this.
oh definitely! it just made me lol a when i saw it. personally, for me mycareer is a means to an end for me. thats why i wish they could develope a way to progress in proam and park games so we wouldnt have to touch mycareer at all. maybe someday, but im not complaining, i do use mycareer to learn the timing of my moves

# 79 soamazen23 @ 09/07/16 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I hear ya but there are those that like the cut scenes, the storylines, the choices along WITH the basketball. I enjoy it all.

I understand. It would be nice tho if you get to choose if you want to follow the storyline or not. That way everybody can be happy.

# 80 sactown_13 @ 09/07/16 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
oh definitely! it just made me lol a when i saw it. personally, for me mycareer is a means to an end for me. thats why i wish they could develope a way to progress in proam and park games so we wouldnt have to touch mycareer at all. maybe someday, but im not complaining, i do use mycareer to learn the timing of my moves
To each their own my brotha

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.