Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The official Madden NFL 17 roster update for week 1 is available now. These weekly roster updates include changes to player ratings, depth charts, and injuries for all 32 teams.

You can check all of the changes here, along with a new blog here. We've listed some of the changes below.

GOING UP
  • Trevor Siemian +9 (70 Overall)
  • Dak Prescott +3 (74 Overall)
  • Terrelle Pryor +2 (73 Overall)
  • Khalil Mack +3 (97 Overall)
  • Jamie Collins +4 (92 Overall)
  • Marquette King +3 (85 Overall)
  • Telvin Smith +3 (83 Overall)
GOING DOWN
  • Sean Weatherspoon -7 (70 Overall)
  • Rolando McClain -5 (76 Overall)
  • Joey Bosa -3 (76 Overall)
  • Paul Kruger -2 (Overall 82)
  • Micah Hyde -3 (Overall 77)
  • Kendall Wright -3 (Overall 76)

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 dtlm6 @ 09/10/16 05:07 PM
I'm playing a franchise on all-pro and it is very frustrating. When I'm on offense, the computer defense seems to drop into perfect coverage and I'm getting a lot of my passes intercepted or my receivers drop passes. Running is equally frustrating as the RB seems to run into his blocker rather than hit the hole. Meanwhile, the computer is productive offensively and defensively. I like a challenge but this is frustrating.

# 82 cquigley @ 09/10/16 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlm6
I'm playing a franchise on all-pro and it is very frustrating. When I'm on offense, the computer defense seems to drop into perfect coverage and I'm getting a lot of my passes intercepted or my receivers drop passes. Running is equally frustrating as the RB seems to run into his blocker rather than hit the hole. Meanwhile, the computer is productive offensively and defensively. I like a challenge but this is frustrating.
On default all pro? Maybe drop to pro? Or use sliders here?

Default all pro is super easy if you don't just throw bombs all day

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

# 83 dtlm6 @ 09/10/16 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
On default all pro? Maybe drop to pro? Or use sliders here?

Default all pro is super easy if you don't just throw bombs all day

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I typically play a balanced west coast offense with lots of running and slant passes. I always play on all-pro but this year it feels like madden.

# 84 ODogg @ 09/10/16 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Wentz barely played but did enough to earn the starting job. And It's the PRESEASON. You can't judge a player very much from it. Lots of preseason stars don't even make teams. That's my 2 cents

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Preseason records and stats may be meaningless but how rookies play isn't. Going by your opinion we should just use the roster given to us four weeks ago with simple moves, trades,cuts, etc and that's not how roster updates for Madden work, the on the field play does affect the ratings.

Now if Dak comes out and plays like crap and Goff/Wentz kill it in week 1 EA will adjust again..

# 85 BleedGreen710 @ 09/10/16 06:03 PM
I'm not suggesting no one should get a boost from preseason I'm saying he was boosted too high. Big difference.

# 86 Landonio @ 09/10/16 07:02 PM
...so should I just go ahead and use the MDFL rosters or something since the general consensus on this update is that it's trash?

# 87 zacification1 @ 09/10/16 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKennedy87
Somebody be awesome again and put this in an excel please
Terror Armstead?

# 88 Hassan Darkside @ 09/10/16 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I'm not suggesting no one should get a boost from preseason I'm saying he was boosted too high. Big difference.

He went up 3 points lol, it's not that much. Shouldn't you be on your soap box about Trevor Siemian instead?

# 89 bigdipper88 @ 09/10/16 10:31 PM
I noticed it said Demayrious Thomas had 150 catches in 2015. I believe it was 105. 150 would be a record

# 90 blackmaxima @ 09/11/16 03:07 AM
Chris Long face in this Roster update has changed.

# 91 Unsung Hero @ 09/11/16 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
I noticed it said Demayrious Thomas had 150 catches in 2015. I believe it was 105. 150 would be a record

I believe this stat bug his been identified by the development team and will be fixed.

# 92 Mattanite @ 09/12/16 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkev562
When starting with week one rosters in cfm why is cutting happening when you begin in week one in regular season ??? Im lost ..
Week 1 roster has the M16 CFM IR bug. As all players drop into the CFM already on IR the "roster-brain" knows they are not part of 53 after preseason but the "cuts-brain" still counts them week to week and therefore automatically cuts the "recommended" players even with "fill-roster" set to off.

# 93 brandon27 @ 09/12/16 10:51 AM
Julius Warmsley for the Dolphins, who's on the active roster, not the PS was completely missing from this update. Hmm...

# 94 NFLfan80 @ 09/12/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Week 1 roster has the M16 CFM IR bug. As all players drop into the CFM already on IR the "roster-brain" knows they are not part of 53 after preseason but the "cuts-brain" still counts them week to week and therefore automatically cuts the "recommended" players even with "fill-roster" set to off.
Any way around this?

# 95 tmonk11 @ 09/12/16 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Any way around this?
I have just been cutting low practice squad players and then signing all young roster guys to the practice squad. Then signing them to the roster after i get everyone put on IR.

# 96 brahmagoul @ 09/12/16 11:59 PM
Is it my imagine or do the games not play as well as they previously did? I play on all-pro and it doesn't feel as realistic. It seems a little easier and there's fewer animations. Maybe it's just my imagination, but wanted to see if anyone else feels this while playing with the update.

# 97 sarlndr @ 09/13/16 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Browns are missing #41 CB Tracy Howard ..u have a PS player and another special teams player he's our 4th CB...but not a starting player??

Also u have the defensive ends on wrong side u have players playing LDE who are on RDE side so that needs fixed next update.

Besides that rest of team is right.
Am I doing something wrong? Gilbert is still on the team.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

# 98 brahmagoul @ 09/13/16 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
Am I doing something wrong? Gilbert is still on the team.

Perhaps. He was on the Steelers on the update I have.

# 99 sarlndr @ 09/13/16 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Perhaps. He was on the Steelers on the update I have.
I was in franchise, with the latest rosters downloaded. I just checked and he's still there.

# 100 Unsung Hero @ 09/14/16 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
I was in franchise, with the latest rosters downloaded. I just checked and he's still there.

Then you didn't select the proper roster file before starting franchise mode.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.