Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 title update #2 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it includes fixes to gameplay, franchise, and Ultimate Team modes. Check out the details below.

Gameplay
  • Tuned Wide Receivers dropping wide open passes to be less frequent
  • Auto-Moves now set to OFF for all MUT Solo Challenges
  • Player-Lock camera fixes
  • Tuned Auto-Broken Tackles to be less frequent
  • Variety of defensive run-game tuning fixes
  • Strip-Ball exploit fixed
  • Fixed issue around clock running out on a defensive penalty
  • Fixed issue with QB’s unable to tackle after throwing an Interception
  • Fixed a variety of rare Special Teams issues
  • Defensive tuning vs. stretch/outside zone runs
  • Addressed a variety of fatigue-related issues
  • Nano-detection System improvements
  • Nano-detection System disabled for user vs. CPU games
  • Fixed 'Ice the Kicker' not functioning in certain situations
  • Addressed users holding kick button to take a delay penalty and re-kicking
  • Fixed issue with user not being able to switch players in co-op play
  • Tuned to WR/DB positioning on streak routes
  • Tuning & Adaptive AI to Linebacker fake-out chances vs. counter plays to make defensive reaction better
  • Kick-Meter Accuracy Range increased on All-Pro & All-Madden
  • Decreased 'nearby player' penalty for defender interceptions, making Interceptions more frequent
Franchise
  • Added ability to save/resume solo Cloud Franchise games
  • Head to head Cloud games will now default to the standard camera
  • Fixed issue where players on IR were counting against active roster
  • Fixed issue where user to user trades could be auto accepted when week advances
  • Many stats and ratings menus are now in widescreen format
  • Fixed issue where some heads appeared incorrect while editing
  • Addressed stability issues in Play the Moment, Training, Formation Subs, and Schemes
  • Fixed issue where some players with preexisting injuries would never return to health
  • Addressed issue where stats are not showing properly when viewed on team goals menu
  • Tuned game regression that can occur for quarterbacks
  • Fixed issue where defensive rookie of the year can show up as offensive player of the year
  • Removed ability for kneeling QBs to be hurt while simminng
  • Adjusted fatigue during Play the Moments
  • Punter stats are now visible in the menus
  • Draft Classes will now have varying penalty traits
  • Highlights menu is now available when ending the game on a simmed play
  • Going for it on 4th downs in Play the Moments have been tuned
  • Strategy suggestions in play call will now track multiple concepts
Ultimate Team
  • Added the ability to add multiple items to a set at once (“Batch-Add-to-Set”)
  • Improved MUT substitution screen UI
  • Chemistry art modifications (larger images!!)
  • Addressed the issue where filters in the Auction House would disappear
  • Addressed the issue where the “Unopened Packs” tile would show 0 even if you had packs unopened
  • Surfaced the “restart” button when failing a Solo Challenge
  • Game speed is set to default for all difficulties including Rookie and Pro (no longer “Slow”)
  • Auto Subs in MUT Solo Challenges are now working correctly

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 tmart14 @ 10/04/16 01:20 PM
As it has been said multiple times throughout this thread, not all of the fixes were discussed in the patch notes.

There are way too posts complaining about things no one is sure of yet. Let some people do some testing for a day or two first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 102 jfsolo @ 10/04/16 01:24 PM
Played a game, went and ran some errands, came back to play other game, and a tuner update was available, wonder was in it. I will play a couple more games and then comment about the update.

# 103 charter04 @ 10/04/16 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
OR there is actually a problem. Funny how complaints are considered legit if you agree and "complaining" if you disagree. My QB in my first year of franchise fumbled the ball 75% of the time he was sacked and I was raising the slider to help avoid this. In the real NFL QB sack fumbles are closer to 25%. I believed strongly that fumbles were too much prior to this patch. If you think that's complaining that's on you.

I haven't played post patch so I have no idea how different it is but I was very frustrated before this patch with some things and had stopped playing.

If your QB fumbled 75% of the time you got sack then you got to do something different with your gameplay. Quit waiting until the last second to throw it or something. I haven't seen anything close to that high.

# 104 bcruise @ 10/04/16 01:32 PM
Watching a few more CPU games (with the same matchup) and I am seeing more instances of the pocket throwaway than I did in the first game, so I'll pull back on that observation for a bit. It's not happening as often as before, but it's still going to run some people the wrong way.

I do still feel like the scrambling's been tweaked though, as I'm seeing Cam roll out to the sideline 4-5 times a game, and actually running on some of those. It'll still throw an illegal forward pass at that point sometimes which is annoying though. Other times he'll find an open guy before he starts moving forward and chuck it on the run. It looks robotic because it's always the same routine, but it is effective. Even if the actual scrambles end up being less than real life in the long run, I'm satisfied as long as the threat exists, and that I have to account for it in my playcalling. And I'm definitely getting that sense from watching these games.

# 105 Haupt24 @ 10/04/16 01:32 PM
I don't see anything about adding any additional relocation team options for St Louis. Currently the only team name you can relocate with to St Louis is the previous team's name (i.e. Chargers, Cardinals, etc). Wonder if this is something that can/will be addressed. Want to bring a team back to the Lou but want to start fresh with new team name, logo, etc!

# 106 T4VERTS @ 10/04/16 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
If your QB fumbled 75% of the time you got sack then you got to do something different with your gameplay. Quit waiting until the last second to throw it or something. I haven't seen anything close to that high.
This. I have Dalton in an online CFM stock sliders All Madden and he has been strip sacked once.

# 107 bestbrother @ 10/04/16 01:32 PM
Do AI QBs run properly now? I may have missed it if this was fixed before as ive all but given up on the game.

I mean actual make a break for it, not just a gentle jog that accidentally sees them over the LOS and then move a bit. It was probably the only thing that I noticed (as a non hardcore NFL fan) that was a bug bear.

Watching Cam Newton have 20 yards of space in front of him, only to jog a little... go wide and then laser a pass wildly into the middle of the field, sucked out the immersion

# 108 rudyjuly2 @ 10/04/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
That's an excuse imo. QBs do get sacked in real life and don't fumble that often.

Tannehill has been sacked a ton in real life. 44 times last year and had 10 fumbles. He's fumbled 9-10 times each of his first 4 seasons and was sacked on average 46 times. That's less than a 25% fumble rate. My fumble rate was 75% with Goff! That's crazy. Telling me I have to throw it early to avoid ever being sacked to avoid fumbling isn't realistic. Even if I do hold the ball too long 75% was way too high.

# 109 BleedGreen710 @ 10/04/16 01:36 PM
Quote:
Quote:
That's an excuse imo. QBs do get sacked in real life and don't fumble that often.

Tannehill has been sacked a ton in real life. 44 times last year and had 10 fumbles. He's fumbled 9-10 times each of his first 4 seasons and was sacked on average 46 times. That's less than a 25% fumble rate. My fumble rate was 75% with Goff! That's crazy. Telling me I have to throw it early to avoid ever being sacked to avoid fumbling isn't realistic.
hes not saying 'dont get sacked' hes saying dont try and throw the ball at the last second - which is what causes the fumbles. and he has a point. Tannehill would have a lot higher fumble rate if he tried to throw it just as he gets hit rather then just taking sacks.

# 110 charter04 @ 10/04/16 01:37 PM
Quote:

Tannehill has been sacked a ton in real life. 44 times last year and had 10 fumbles. He's fumbled 9-10 times each of his first 4 seasons and was sacked on average 46 times. That's less than a 25% fumble rate. My fumble rate was 75% with Goff! That's crazy. Telling me I have to throw it early to avoid ever being sacked to avoid fumbling isn't realistic. Even if I do hold the ball too long 75% was way too high.

How many times are those QB's trying to throw as they are being hit though? If your arm is going forward to throw as the guy hits you what is the game supposed to do?

# 111 bcruise @ 10/04/16 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrother
Do AI QBs run properly now? I may have missed it if this was fixed before as ive all but given up on the game.

I mean actual make a break for it, not just a gentle jog that accidentally sees them over the LOS and then move a bit. It was probably the only thing that I noticed (as a non hardcore NFL fan) that was a bug bear.

Watching Cam Newton have 20 yards of space in front of him, only to jog a little... go wide and then laser a pass wildly into the middle of the field, sucked out the immersion
It's still going to look like that. The difference is I'm actually seeing him take off along that same route sometimes (I'd assume it's when he doesn't have a receiver open).

He's still going to chuck it if he finds a guy open while rolling out.

# 112 rudyjuly2 @ 10/04/16 01:44 PM
Quote:
How many times are those QB's trying to throw as they are being hit though? If your arm is going forward to throw as the guy hits you what is the game supposed to do?
Fair enough but you are assuming I'm trying to throw on all those plays. That's not true either.

I don't want to derail this anymore. I personally had a big issue with this part of the game. You may have not. I'm far from the only one that was frustrated by this aspect. My main point was that my and other people's arguments about this shouldn't be summed up by Scott as "people just like to complain". I have stats that legitimately back up my point while your stats may show the opposite which is cool too.

# 113 XxLouCatXx @ 10/04/16 01:47 PM
Didn't see anything about it unless i missed it but what about scoring drives showing 5 plays/105 yards etc....hope its fixed.

# 114 CM Hooe @ 10/04/16 01:56 PM
Worth noting that Tannehill and Goff have carrying ratings of 61 and 57 on the default roster, respectively, both of which are below-average for quarterbacks in the default roster set (mean of 62.75, median of 63).

Meanwhile I finished a full season with Tony Romo (carrying rating of 50, well below the average for quarterbacks) with zero fumbles in passing situations. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Scrambling and QB sneaks were another matter, though.

# 115 charter04 @ 10/04/16 01:56 PM
Quote:
Fair enough but you are assuming I'm trying to throw on all those plays. That's not true either.

I don't want to derail this anymore. I personally had a big issue with this part of the game. You may have not. I'm far from the only one that was frustrated by this aspect. My main point was that my and other people's arguments about this shouldn't be summed up by Scott as "people just like to complain". I have stats that legitimately back up my point while your stats may show the opposite which is cool too.

I'm not just saying you aren't seeing it. I'm saying it's not changing. Myself and others aren't having the issue. So maybe you could learn how I'm not having an issue and adjust your play style. I legit like to help guys who struggle. Feel free to PM me any time. I'm no game master but, I'm not having 75% of my sacks be fumbles.

# 116 queenie.paula @ 10/04/16 01:58 PM
did they fix how there might be non RBs in the RBs spot on run plays?

# 117 ThatMichiganFan @ 10/04/16 02:00 PM
It says fixed stability issues with Formation Subs. Does this mean they'all all stick now? Won't be able to check for a little while.

# 118 TD73 @ 10/04/16 02:03 PM
Sorry to ask but do I need to start a new franchise with this update to take affect or will my existing one be fine with to keep going? Thanks

# 119 sebas49 @ 10/04/16 02:04 PM
I sim 1 season and noticed several players retire early...Before this patch, guys like Joe Staley, Carson Palmer, Evan Mathis, Vincent Jackson, Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, Elvis Dumervil, Jonathan Joseph play at least one more season (2017) before retire. Its just one franchise, maybe an exception, but i like to see what is feedback in this thread. Anyone else noticed this?

# 120 Champion8877 @ 10/04/16 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD73
Sorry to ask but do I need to start a new franchise with this update to take affect or will my existing one be fine with to keep going? Thanks

If you are doing an online CFM then there is definitely no need to restart, all updates and tuners are applied to online CFM

If it's an offline CFM then i have no idea. Sometimes they get applied and sometimes you have to restart

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.