Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 title update 11 is available now, check out the patch notes below and let us know what you are seeing.

Gameplay
  • Fixed a bug where the offensive tackle would play a blocking animation without engaging with a defensive player
  • Addressed a bug that caused the gameplay speed inside of Gauntlet, Skills Trainer, and Franchise Game Planning Drills to be extremely slow
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Addressed a bug where a user’s profile settings weren’t being honored in Play-a-Friend games
  • For online MUT and Draft Champions games, the 3-letter team name shown in the score hud will now represent the first 3 letters of your team name just as it does in Solo Challenges
To update this, you can enter Madden Ultimate Team, go to the “Team” tab and choose the Rename Team tile

Stability
  • Addressed the issue where declining a Live Commentary Update (LCU) and powering on from rest mode could cause significant lag in the menus and in-game
  • Other minor stability improvements

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 4thQtrStre5S @ 03/15/17 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
Here's that O-Line glitch for those who hadn't seen it or want to relive last week's nightmares :-)

https://twitter.com/SpyPirates/statu...03430459109376
So that's what that was that got me sacked on 3rd and goal..I watched the replay, and I figured it was typical AI mess up....So it actually was a new glitch...At least it's fixed now...

# 22 roadman @ 03/15/17 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
Here's that O-Line glitch for those who hadn't seen it or want to relive last week's nightmares :-)

https://twitter.com/SpyPirates/statu...03430459109376
I've seen on Twitter and here at OS, just didn't encounter personally, knock on wood.

# 23 gman2774 @ 03/15/17 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
OK, folks can take it or leave it, but I play so much Madden that I tend to notice things pretty quickly.

Positive: CPU punting ability is now better. I had been seeing lots of shanked punts, really short punts, and punts that got boomed out of the end zone instead of dropped in more accurately. The result was easily 50 YDS in field position for me over the course of a game. In two CFM games post-patch, the CPU punters seem much more intelligent and much better able to play the field position battle.

Positive: HUM and CPU completion percentages were in the 50s for the first time in a very, very long time in my CLE vs. TEN game. Kessler missed several throws (53%, 5.1 YPA) and Mariota missed several too (58%, 4.8 YPA). Mariota appeared to be confused by several blitzes and either a) checked down early for a loss or short gain, or b) misfired due to confusion and pressure.

I'm extremely happy about the punting. The bad special teams play had been generating too many CFM wins for me by creating short field scoring opportunities where they never should have existed.

I'm a happy camper.

Great news. Thanks for the feedback. Makes me even more excited to try the game post patch. Have you seen pass coverage improve at all? Higher level of aggression by cb's or better zone coverage to better defend drag and slant routes?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

# 24 Tengo Juego @ 03/15/17 09:34 PM
Quote:
Fixed a bug where the offensive tackle would play a blocking animation without engaging with a defensive player
Addressed a bug that caused the gameplay speed inside of Gauntlet, Skills Trainer, and Franchise Game Planning Drills to be extremely slow
I just started getting back into the game since being added to EA Access and both of these things were really wearing on my experience. Glad they're fixed.

# 25 RogueHominid @ 03/15/17 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Great news. Thanks for the feedback. Makes me even more excited to try the game post patch. Have you seen pass coverage improve at all? Higher level of aggression by cb's or better zone coverage to better defend drag and slant routes?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Hard to say on the coverage front, as I only play solo offline CFM and I use custom PB for the CPU, so the spamming of certain routes doesn't happen in my games.

I am seeing enough pass defense on both sides to be satisfied in my CFM. I just beat CIN by a FG and Dalton was right at 70% with 7.2 YPA. He missed a couple of intermediate throws that the CPU normally doesn't just plain miss. The previous game saw a more mediocre performance by Mariota, so on balance, the CPU is in the 60% range vs. me post-patch.

# 26 Atax1s @ 03/16/17 01:19 AM
I'd like them to fix the rubberband AI but sadly they probably won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 27 roadman @ 03/16/17 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s

That's been denied for several years and I haven't encountered as much of it this year. Once I have a lead at the end of the halves, I normally don't let that lead slip away.

# 28 audbal @ 03/16/17 12:22 PM
I haven't downloaded patch 10, if i download patch 11 do i still get everything that was fixed in patch 10?

# 29 CM Hooe @ 03/16/17 04:02 PM
Quote:
Tiburon can't fix a problem if it doesn't actually exist.

# 30 CleveCluby @ 03/16/17 04:18 PM
So after the latest patch, I decided to try once more hoping the issues might have been addressed that have been ruining the game for me. In all honesty, it did seem to look and feel better but the punt issue is still there. Not as frequent and bad as it used to be, but still getting the shank punts. They do happen in the NFL just not consistently. So I can write hat off and live with it.

BUT I can't be the only person this freeze up is happening to. There has to be others but I don't see anyone talking about it. Don't anyone else experience this ? Am I the only person that plays, PLAY OF THE MOMENT offline franchise mode? ?

I can't get more than a couple of complete games in before the dreadful freeze. This usually occurs after a FG or TD. Many times it’s deep into the game towards the end or if you score just before the end of a quarter. It can happen at any time though. It's not a freeze where everything just stops and locks up. It continues to play somewhat, players move around, the announcer talks, they just never kick off, they get a delay of game penalty. Then it just sets there. You can't get out of the game. You can't do anything, your controller is dead. Your only option is to close application.

It saves the game but when you return, anything can happen, You might be controlling the CPU team, They change uniforms, it might be raining, You might even get the controller back to your own team, but when you do, you can't make subs, It tells you that you can't make subs as a player. That is a complete game killer. And as I said, I can't possibly be the only one this has happened to on a consistent basis.

I have reinstalled, used official rosters, game plans, uniforms. I have tried everything trying to figure out what causes this. I thought it might be Custom uniforms, created players, custom game plans, sliders, sub's. But it does this with a fresh re-install no custom OOTB settings. This is a store bought CD. The only other person I know that this is happening to is my friend. he is experiencing the same thing. Again I only play, PLAY OF THE MOMENT.

EA is aware of this; I have sent them the info but no response. This is not a new issue, it has been happening since I first purchased the game when it came out. This has to be happening to other players, maybe it's only a POTM issue. If anyone has any suggestions or if this is happening to anyone else, Please let me know. I can't believe that I'm the only person that plays POTM style. With all the flaws in this game it is just way to frustrating to spend nearly an hour to play a game only to have it lock you out in crucial moments. It quickly takes the joy out of playing especially when you have to hold your breath after every score or FG wondering if it's gonna freeze. it's just not worth it.

# 31 cable guy @ 03/16/17 04:34 PM
Quote:

Is rubberband AI referring to the cpu coming back strong? In the second half or something.
Just asking I don't know it means

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 32 Slim4824 @ 03/16/17 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Is rubberband AI referring to the cpu coming back strong? In the second half or something.
Just asking I don't know it means

Yes

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

# 33 Mike Lowe @ 03/16/17 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's been denied for several years and I haven't encountered as much of it this year. Once I have a lead at the end of the halves, I normally don't let that lead slip away.
+1

Oftentimes folks mistake "comeback code" for simple probability and its fine laws

#noconspiracy

# 34 roadman @ 03/16/17 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
So after the latest patch, I decided to try once more hoping the issues might have been addressed that have been ruining the game for me. In all honesty, it did seem to look and feel better but the punt issue is still there. Not as frequent and bad as it used to be, but still getting the shank punts. They do happen in the NFL just not consistently. So I can write hat off and live with it.

BUT I can't be the only person this freeze up is happening to. There has to be others but I don't see anyone talking about it. Don't anyone else experience this ? Am I the only person that plays, PLAY OF THE MOMENT offline franchise mode? ?

I can't get more than a couple of complete games in before the dreadful freeze. This usually occurs after a FG or TD. Many times it’s deep into the game towards the end or if you score just before the end of a quarter. It can happen at any time though. It's not a freeze where everything just stops and locks up. It continues to play somewhat, players move around, the announcer talks, they just never kick off, they get a delay of game penalty. Then it just sets there. You can't get out of the game. You can't do anything, your controller is dead. Your only option is to close application.

It saves the game but when you return, anything can happen, You might be controlling the CPU team, They change uniforms, it might be raining, You might even get the controller back to your own team, but when you do, you can't make subs, It tells you that you can't make subs as a player. That is a complete game killer. And as I said, I can't possibly be the only one this has happened to on a consistent basis.

I have reinstalled, used official rosters, game plans, uniforms. I have tried everything trying to figure out what causes this. I thought it might be Custom uniforms, created players, custom game plans, sliders, sub's. But it does this with a fresh re-install no custom OOTB settings. This is a store bought CD. The only other person I know that this is happening to is my friend. he is experiencing the same thing. Again I only play, PLAY OF THE MOMENT.

EA is aware of this; I have sent them the info but no response. This is not a new issue, it has been happening since I first purchased the game when it came out. This has to be happening to other players, maybe it's only a POTM issue. If anyone has any suggestions or if this is happening to anyone else, Please let me know. I can't believe that I'm the only person that plays POTM style. With all the flaws in this game it is just way to frustrating to spend nearly an hour to play a game only to have it lock you out in crucial moments. It quickly takes the joy out of playing especially when you have to hold your breath after every score or FG wondering if it's gonna freeze. it's just not worth it.
CleveClubby, if I can make a suggestion, please PM Tdawg as he does Play The Moment. You can usually find him in JoshC's slider thread.

I hope that helps.

# 35 cable guy @ 03/16/17 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
Yes

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I thought so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
+1

Oftentimes folks mistake "comeback code" for simple probability and its fine laws

#noconspiracy

It's the NFL. Its football. It happens. Teams look like different teams at the end of games, then they did earlier in games. I see it all the time! I sit there and I'm saying, "where was this all game." Sometimes everything clicks for one team. And the other team the opposite.

# 36 JoshC1977 @ 03/16/17 06:01 PM
Quote:
+1

#noconspiracy
That and folks that think that just because they are ahead they can lay off on the pedal. It happens in real life too...coaches get too conservative and don't keep varying their calls. They become predictable and their opponent makes them pay for it (ask the Falcons about how this feels).

# 37 Mike Lowe @ 03/16/17 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
It's the NFL. Its football. It happens. Teams look like different teams at the end of games, then they did earlier in games. I see it all the time! I sit there and I'm saying, "where was this all game." Sometimes everything clicks for one team. And the other team the opposite.

Correct! Just to clarify, I'm on your side!

# 38 edgevoice @ 03/16/17 06:08 PM
Very small sample size, so take it for what it's worth. Practiced for quite awhile in CFM and played just 1 game. Did not have ghost blocking issue occur, which had happened to me several times in the past. My RB and TE in Gun Split did not seem to block quite as effectively as they did before patch. I didn't see the cut blocks I was getting before and RB attacked the middle of the line of scrimmage rather quickly, instead of picking up Will linebacker on a couple of blitzes. A few games will tell the tale more clearly. All in all, a change for the better thus far in my humble opinion.

# 39 cable guy @ 03/16/17 06:16 PM
Quote:
Correct! Just to clarify, I'm on your side!
Oh I know bro!

Sorry if I made it sound otherwise. I was continuing on your post.

# 40 CleveCluby @ 03/16/17 06:34 PM
Thanks Roadman , your help is always appreciated. Will try that. I guess I must be a minority, I assumed that many of us played the POTM. It is the perfect style for guys like me who do not have the thumb or hand ability to play a full game but still enjoy getting in there now and then and being involved. Bringing back CPU vs CPU and adding POTM is what restored my interest back for Madden. I have always been a Coach mode style player and POTM is about as close as I can come to that.. I thought that you also played that style..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.