Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

Amazon has revealed some of the Madden NFL 18 features, as we get closer to an official announcement from EA Sports. Not only does it look like we will see new target passing, but it also mentions coverage assignments. Maybe we can finally assign the best corner vs. best receiver? EA is also giving users different play styles, ranging from Arcade, Simulation and Competitive.

Amazon also notes, Madden NFL 18 releases on August 25 for the Standard Edition ($59.99), but fans that pre-order the Madden NFL 18 G.O.A.T. Edition ($79.99), can get the game 3 days earlier, on August 22.

More details should be released soon.
  • Powered by Frostbite Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
  • Play Now Live
  • Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
  • Target passing
  • Play Styles - Arcade/Simulation/Competitive
  • Coverage Assignment
  • Coach Adjustments
  • Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite Player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 BaylorBearBryant @ 05/12/17 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampjackson94
Tom Brady is on the cover of Madden this year
I think you may be right. He certainly is one of two candidates for the G.O.A.T. cover.

# 22 kyle81 @ 05/12/17 08:22 AM
I'm probably like everyone and curious as to what target passing means. New passing mechanic to separate qbs??

# 23 T4VERTS @ 05/12/17 08:37 AM
Would love to see the vision cone come back for the SIM tuner.

# 24 Americas Team @ 05/12/17 08:41 AM
Those are all welcome'd additions, but im not getting too excited until I see player movement and line-play specifically pass blocking/pass rushing. I hope simulation mode isn't just slider adjustments, I hope its player ratings adjustments and smarter AI too.

# 25 SamDezzy43 @ 05/12/17 08:57 AM
The hype has begun, though I don't know if it ever ends for me. I'm a child when it comes to these things.

I like the premise of Target Passing, Simulation Settings as well as the defensive assignments. I assume these aren't all the "back of the box" gameplay features (though Target Passing would be), and this is just a slither of overall information?

# 26 m1ke_nyc @ 05/12/17 09:02 AM
Simulation play style and target passing, hope this means we can finally throw the ball to a spot on the field and let our recievers make a play.

# 27 planetsabc @ 05/12/17 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
I like the sound of target passing, will be interested to see what it ends up being. Coverage assignments and coach adjustments sound promising as well.
Coach Adjustments? Coordinators? or too optomistic?

# 28 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/12/17 09:11 AM
I would love (and very doubtful) for simulation mode to offer things like bobbled snaps, high snaps, penalties more realistically tuned, etc.

I am assuming it probably just means tuning of things like less actuate passing, etc. which would be good too

# 29 seasprite @ 05/12/17 09:12 AM
Hoping target passing is a new version of vision cone

# 30 LBzrule @ 05/12/17 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
I wonder if the G.O.A.T. Edition will have a different cover athlete?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Brady probably

# 31 Godgers12 @ 05/12/17 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
I wonder if the G.O.A.T. Edition will have a different cover athlete?

Well if so, it can only be Aaron Rodgers.

And any ideas what target passing is?

# 32 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/17 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I would love (and very doubtful) for simulation mode to offer things like bobbled snaps, high snaps, penalties more realistically tuned, etc.

I am assuming it probably just means tuning of things like less actuate passing, etc. which would be good too
I'm hoping it means we get bobbled snaps, high snaps, and penalties. If people don't want that they could just play on Arcade or Competitive.

# 33 T4VERTS @ 05/12/17 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm hoping it means we get bobbled snaps, high snaps, and penalties. If people don't want that they could just play on Arcade or Competitive.
Never understood why offensive lineman didn't have a snap rating. Offensive lineman shouldn't be as interchangeable as they are and snapping is literally the most important skill for a center. If a center can't snap then he can't play.

# 34 kjcheezhead @ 05/12/17 09:32 AM
Target passing sounds like maddens version of NFL Fevers read and lead passing. Wasn't my favorite on Fever. I have concerns about how EA would deliver it.

Simulation vs arcade mode sounds nice on paper as well.

Have to wait and see what the game looks like in motion. That's what would bring me back after not playing for the past 4 years. Do the players finally move and block like real humans?

# 35 JayD @ 05/12/17 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampjackson94
Tom Brady is on the cover of Madden this year
Great. Now I can be reminded of the Falcons collapse every time I play Madden......

# 36 TreJayMMA @ 05/12/17 09:38 AM
Lol I'm not getting hyped yet. Ive learned my lesson plenty of times.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

# 37 sir psycho @ 05/12/17 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Target passing sounds like maddens version of NFL Fevers read and lead passing.
That was my first thought as well when I read "Target passing"

If this means that the ball is no longer tethered to the receiver, that would be great and could mean lower completion percentages. Obviously, too early to make assumptions based off of a couple words, but I am intrigued.

# 38 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/12/17 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Never understood why offensive lineman didn't have a snap rating. Offensive lineman shouldn't be as interchangeable as they are and snapping is literally the most important skill for a center. If a center can't snap then he can't play.
Totally agree. Look at what jason Kelce did to the eagles last year when he somehow forgot how to snap the ball all season. Ruins a lot of drives. Big part of the game.

# 39 howboutdat @ 05/12/17 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsabc
Coach Adjustments? Coordinators? or too optomistic?
yeah im curious about this as well , lets hope so for coordinators.

I see many here seemed to like the passing cone of the past. I however really hope that is not what they mean by the new passing targeting system. I have hard enough time just trying to move qb from pressure and hitting the correct buttons to pass to right wr. I cant be trying to focus some cone on a guy and hit the right button too.

Id much rather just see real touch and precision passing in the game mechanic. Instead of just lobs that float too long and allow defenders your trying to throw over time to go get it.

But now the wait begins........ for real details and videos ( after e3)

As someone mentioned before here , though these things sound good so far... if that oline play isnt alot better.... man , i just dunno what ill think then.... hard to swallow this horrid oline "logic"

# 40 LBzrule @ 05/12/17 09:48 AM
LOL one sec

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.