View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #101
Kodos
Resident Alien

From the very beginning, it was clear that our game hosting Notre Dame was one of those where the computer wanted to win. After stopping Notre Dame on their first drive, a muffed punt on our 1 set them up for a TD. It was my fault, as I should have moved my returner out of the way. First my stud WR Razzono went down for the game, then my 97-rated QB Sampson went down. They got a kickoff return for a TD. Every time we pulled even, they jumped back ahead. Still, we hung in there, and early in the 4th, we trailed only 34-31. A pick six put us in a position where we had to press things a bit, and things quickly went to shit, as Notre Dame rattled off 21 points to win 55-31.

Next we made the trip to Michigan to play the number 4 team in the land. Let me tell you, they are committed to running in Ann Arbor. Even trailing by 40+ points, they kept trotting out double wing formations and running the option and such. We won 63-10. We're up to #7 following the win, one ahead of Notre Dame, who had jumped past us after their victory. With #3 Ohio State and #1 USC still on our schedule, we should have a chance to fight back into the championship hunt. Our strength of schedule should be crazy high.

I cannot tell you how tempted I was to shut off the game during the Notre Dame fiasco. Players on top of my QB almost instantly after the snap. Balls consistently bouncing their way. If there isn't a code that makes the CPU almost unbeatable sometimes, it sure seems that way. Anyhow, I did the right thing, and we'll see if I can get back into the thick of the title hunt.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-24-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote