View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 11:04 AM   #284
Kodos
Resident Alien

Mildly sore arm and somewhat runny nose the day after my first Pfizer shot on March 22nd. Hopefully second shot is similarly uneventful. Just grateful that I'm on the path to immunity and have the prospect of life returning to some semblance of normalcy after my son gets his shots (he becomes eligible tomorrow). I'll mask up when necessary, but really looking forward to being able to let my 12-year-old daughter do more activities with her friends without having to insist they're held outside. This whole thing has been rough for her. My son, on the other hand, has been happy enough to stay at home all the time. We'll force him to return to school after his second shot. He's a sophomore in high school.

It's been pretty painful trying to navigate keeping my 79-year-old father (who lives in our house) and my wife (who has increased risk factors) safe while also trying to make sure my daughter gets to interact with her friends in person from time to time when circumstances allowed outdoor activities. There has been more arguing/negotiating with my wife (and daughter) during this time than at any previous time in our marriage. I can see how this thing would break up a weak marriage, especially if the spouses aren't generally on the same page when it comes to safety precautions.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-31-2021 at 11:13 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote