View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

New league forming and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I think we start a 3rd dynasty, haha.. Created cupcake teams, all from Alaska, all replacing independent teams. No ladder/pyramid, no conference changes. Can only recruit 2 stars and under. I think this would increase the challenge permanently while adding some interesting wrinkles in other ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
In fact, I think I might try doing this in a solo career.. ought to be interesting.

So JR's posts got me to thinking. It's not a big secret that the Pyramid hasn't caught my interest quite like I hoped it would. For whatever reason, I'm having a hard time developing a real affinity for my Florida Atlantic squad, even though we had a much more successful season last year. If and when JR takes over as commish, I will play out that season and then most likely resign from the Pyramid. (None of this affects The Ladder). If nobody takes over as commish, I will keep the Pyramid going, but probably put my team on autopilot or something like that due to time constraints.

I think part of the problem is that I compromised too much in the formation of the league, and bargained away the parts that I liked best. So here is my stab at making a league that combines multiple goals that I've had for NCAA 2014 ODs.

1. I love the teams of IHOF, but I don't want to play FOF anymore. It's just not my thing. This new league will feature a conference of teambuildered versions of IHOF teams. All human teams would come from that list, and once it starts, nobody else will be allowed to join. Any team that isn't human-controlled will be given a strong roster and good pitches. Here's a peek at the teams that this league would feature.

My team in this league will be my beloved Rochester Lake Monsters.

2. Users will be on even footing to start. Each team will start with the same crappy roster located in the same crappy recruiting state. Which state is negotiable, but it will be a crappy recruiting state. I suggest New York. CPU-controlled teams will be located in their regular state (Brooklyn in New York, Chesapeake in Virginia, etc.)

3. Recruiting will be limited to 2 stars and below.

4. All user Coaches will get a low number of points to start off (5 or less, with the exact number open to negotiation). Progression speed will be one of the two lowest settings.

5. For consistency, we'll use the same gameplay sliders that the other two leagues use, although I'm open to shorter quarters to limit stat-whoring.

6. We'll either have a 12-team conference with 2 divisions , or a 10-team conference where every team plays everyone else in the league with a round-robin 9-game conference schedule.

7. When in doubt, I will lean toward making it more challenging for humans.

8. To accommodate the possibility of more human vs. human games, this league will probably move somewhat slower at times.

9. No transfer ins can be accepted, and all players wishing to leave early must be allowed to do so.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-27-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote