View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 12:00 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

My gaming time is very limited, but I've been playing a mix of old and new over the past couple of years.

1. I invested a good deal of time into Red Dead Redemption II. Fun game, and I mean to get back to it (although I may have messed things up moving my save to an external hard drive and trying to play it from that drive on a second PS4. I'm hoping my save file still works on the original PS4.)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order - I put aside RDR II to play this one a bit earlier this year. Fun game. Not sure I will finish it.
3. Madden 2020. I've dicked around a bit with this edition, and like it better than any edition since Madden 2008 or so.
4. I've also resumed playing NCAA 2014 after a year layoff following the end of The Ladder OD here at FOFC. I've made it a challenge by not using any of the coach points, no audibles unless the QB has a certain awareness rating or higher, and restricted recruiting rules. I'm losing a lot, which is good. I should be losing right now with the team that I have.

I do also tend to favor older "comfort food" entertainment, especially in music. There's not much new stuff out there that works for me, so I listen mostly to my iPod. I do try to dive deeper into groups I liked but was only a casual fan of, like Green Day. Turns out, they have a lot of great songs that I didn't know about.

TV-wise, it's a mix of old and new. My wife, son and I are watching Lost right now. The wife and I have binged some newer shows like "Dead to Me". We've started Space Patrol. I think she likes it more than I do so far. I've also been introducing my son to M*A*S*H, which isn't my wife's favorite because it can seem a little sexist when watched in 2020. Everyone cheats on their wife without a second thought, for instance.