Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2024, 06:46 AM   #301
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I get that it's arguably more fun... but "worth it" in the optimizing sense?

Right now, the only things I get back from scouting of value are:

-the green/red outcome when fully scouting, telling me to realign my thinking

-a specific speed rating on WR/ATH/RB guys I'm considering, as that rating is a major determinant of player value

So, I scout a lot in the opening round when you can't take real recruiting actions, but rather little after that. Every 4-star is good enough to come play at my school, so knowing whether he's an 84 or a 77 in that one thing isn't going to mean much overall to me, just a tweak in my degree of vigor.

This guy says it is. He basically built his whole team on 3 star gems.

Blocked
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 08:10 AM   #302
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I have Nevada basically one click away from being maxed-out. And now it's fairly boring. My team is rated about 90 overall, that squares up with the best teams in the country past the very top 3-5 (Oregon is just dominating my universe). I can reliably seem to win just about all my conference games and matchups aside from the elite opposition - we auto-schedule two big hitters each season now, and my last two regular season losses have been to Penn State and Florida State.

With something like an 11-1 record and a MWC conference title, we get drafted into the back end of the playoff, face off against a top tier team, and play competitively (but so far, we lose, Ohio State has our number).

i guess I could keep grinding and advance to where I'm the favorite against tOSU or whomever in the playoffs. It's not really much fun, though, it's genuinely just grinding. As always, I far prefer building to maintaining.

With my #10 ranked Nevada team, I can land one or two 5-stars, and a dozen or more 4-stars in each recruiting class. I have stacks of promising guys who don't get playing time and rot on the vine. Not much of it is very compelling.

I'm toying with a full restart with one of the lowest-end programs out there, but I assume it would just be a ten season grind to bring them to prominence, and then maybe 5 more to get them to dominance. And...to what end?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 10:27 AM   #303
GrantDawg

The game desperately needs more of a challenge and some added incentives. It would be great if there were conference invites to move up to the P5 and such.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2024, 11:12 AM   #304
whomario
Pro Starter

I think that California might be somewhat on the easier side to recruit in as your base maybe. I guess being somewhere with a lesser player pool might make it a bit harder.

I plan on moving to the Pac 12 to fill it out (i set it up at 10 teams at the start, don't super care about potentially weird schedules, so long as they do play conferences games, which they do) after winning the conference a few times with San Diego State.
Having less 'cupcake' games should make it more challenging + i am well terrible enough in the sticks still to have a challenge in All American even with sliders in my favour a bit. I did just set up my own playbook (essentially the multiple offense generic one with plenty filler plays removed and a few formations changed), complete with a gameplan (every play is half-star rating where i think it fits) and then let the cpu suggest plays.

Just lost to Uconn at home ...

One problem is teams like Boise don't go after 4 stars. Can't say if it's realistic but for the game it's not good if you stick in these types of conferences (though i have seen Liberty get quite a few 4* recruits in the season just past).
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 11:14 AM   #305
QuikSand
lolzcat

Wondering if playing as Hawai'i might effectively impose a house rule - nearly everyone will see your school as a rotten fit for "close to home," and that will be a meaningful impediment sometimes.
Old 07-30-2024, 11:16 AM   #306
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Wondering if playing as Hawai'i might effectively impose a house rule - nearly everyone will see your school as a rotten fit for "close to home," and that will be a meaningful impediment sometimes.

Right now: Everyone, period. There's a bug here where Proximity to home for local prospects is F playing as Hawai. (I also have recruited a few quite good ones from there before i realized that this might well be a bit of a cheat with them not having a local school with that A rating).

For the coach XP definitely needs to be set at "slowest" the first few seasons, way too fast on normal if aiming for a 10+ year playthrough (in year 4 i upped it to slow now at Lvl 11 i think)

And unfortunately you can't do a real Teambuilder setting your own Letter grades and placing it, say, in Alaska. (You can but it will take over pipelines and grades of the team to replace)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-30-2024 at 11:28 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 04:41 PM   #307
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I don't think they added this to make the game harder like this guy insinuates, but this is pretty messed up.

Blocked
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 12:22 PM   #308
britrock88
Pro Starter

Surprising how quiet this has gotten, esp. after the large patch 1.5 weeks ago.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 12:43 PM   #309
GrantDawg

The patch broke lots of things. They corrected some of it, but only if you play online.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2024, 01:52 PM   #310
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

There was a new patch released yesterday that supposedly fixed the stuff that was broken in the previous patch for offline users.
Old 08-20-2024, 02:03 PM   #311
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Patchception
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 02:16 PM   #312
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I suspect that my family will get me an Xbox X or S for Christmas along with this game.

Sounds like it might almost be playable at that point.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2024, 08:22 AM   #313
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I continue to put time into playing dynasty mode, and my latest effort (now six seasons deep with a tiny school UMBC replacing James Madison in the Sun Belt Conference. This time, some of the quirks I had suffered (even post-patch) seem to be resolved - my pipelines are coordinated and working the way I want, and as I have improved the team generally I can rely on a handful of strong facets to punch above my weight in recruiting. Have the team up over 80 rated overall (started at 71) and we have gone 9-4 for three straight years.

It is mostly the experience I have wanted. I guess I would have to manually alter conferences to promote my team from the SBC to, say, the ACC... but that seems easy enough to do in-game. I am not great at playing the games out, but I tend to manually play one cupcake and one real game per season to have a feel for the team. It's fine. Not great, but fine.
Old 08-22-2024, 11:55 AM   #314
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Once I found a good AA slider set, it's been pretty fun. There are a few squabbles but with some house rules, it's been a pretty good experience. I think my biggest gripe with dynasty is no trophy room so everything that happens during a season sort of just disappears the next.

I don't know if anyone has tried the "revamped passing" system. The game does a poor job of explaining it, but I found this guide on Reddit. Playing around with it, it's pretty powerful if you have the patience to learn it. Takes some time in practice though to really catch on but if I ever up to Heisman, I might just start using it more.

Blocked
Old 08-23-2024, 07:55 PM   #315
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Once I found a good AA slider set, it's been pretty fun. There are a few squabbles but with some house rules, it's been a pretty good experience. I think my biggest gripe with dynasty is no trophy room so everything that happens during a season sort of just disappears the next.

I don't know if anyone has tried the "revamped passing" system. The game does a poor job of explaining it, but I found this guide on Reddit. Playing around with it, it's pretty powerful if you have the patience to learn it. Takes some time in practice though to really catch on but if I ever up to Heisman, I might just start using it more.

Blocked

Would you mind sharing a link to the AA sliders also?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 08:01 PM   #316
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Would you mind sharing a link to the AA sliders also?

Sure, this is the one I'm using. He makes them for Madden too and updates them regularly. Nothing is perfect but I've found his to be challenging on AA. The only tweaks I made is turning down speed threshold a bit to like 67 because I did think he had it a little high and it made everyone close to the same speed. And I made the minimum play clock time 18 because I wanted a few less plays per game and felt guys were getting to the line a little too quick.

Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders - Operation Sports Forums

Last edited by RainMaker : 08-23-2024 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-24-2024, 02:55 AM   #317
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Sure, this is the one I'm using. He makes them for Madden too and updates them regularly. Nothing is perfect but I've found his to be challenging on AA. The only tweaks I made is turning down speed threshold a bit to like 67 because I did think he had it a little high and it made everyone close to the same speed. And I made the minimum play clock time 18 because I wanted a few less plays per game and felt guys were getting to the line a little too quick.

Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders - Operation Sports Forums

Thanks!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 05:52 PM   #318
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Is anyone playing this still? There was a big update last week which fixed a lot of lingering issues. Not to mention added some plays, jerseys, etc.

Game is pretty good I feel. There's still some major issues with scheduling that might be gamebreaking to some. And I wish defense was more impactful. And that dynasty was deeper (no trophy room kind of sucks). But it's better than Madden and scratches that football itch.

I wonder how much the conference realignment messed with the scheduling/ranking system. Feels like that 2-team PAC-12 really messed some stuff up.