Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Danny Graves Became a Lesbian During the Off-season?!

Can Steroids do THIS?!

Now, I preface this with the fact that of all the links I've followed, I have not seen this picture coupled with this story on a credible website - even the Cleveland Plain Dealer, where somebody posted that this picture ran with the article below yesterday in the print version. Can anyone in Cleveland confirm this picture? I know even the Daily Quickie on ESPN2 has picked this up, but they still link to the same unsubstantiated website where I found the pic.

Graves connects, clashes with culture

Tribe pitcher's first trip to homeland brings baseball to Vietnamese
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Associated Press
Hanoi, Vietnam -- Danny Graves traveled a long way to find his roots.

Just a baby when he left Vietnam in 1974, the Cleveland Indians reliever returned for the first time Tuesday to glean a sense of the country and teach baseball to kids.

"I'm definitely excited to be here," Graves said after arriving in Hanoi. "I don't really know much about the country, all I know is what's on TV."

Graves, the only Vietnamese-born player in the major leagues, left Saigon when he was only 14 months old. His mother, Thao, worked at the U.S. Embassy during the Vietnam War. That's when she met Graves' father, Jim, an American serviceman who died six years ago.

The pitcher, accompanied by his mother and wife, Andrea, is visiting as part of a goodwill tour sponsored by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund.

Few Vietnamese regularly follow American sports in a country where soccer is king. Graves is hoping his visit will help create curiosity about America's national pastime.

"Kids at schools in Vietnam here see another Vietnamese player has been able to play baseball his whole career," he said. "Maybe that would spark a little more interest."

Graves, a two-time NL All-Star with the Cincinnati Reds, will conduct a baseball demonstration at a sports college near Hanoi today.

The delegation will travel Friday to a province near the former demilitarized zone to dedicate Vietnam's first little league field and present children with baseball equipment. They also will visit several projects sponsored by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund, including a land mine removal and awareness program.

"Here is the opportunity for us to really turn a battlefield into . . . a field of dreams," said Jan Scruggs, founder and president of Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund.

The 10-day trip also will include stops in several key cities and tourist spots to help Graves learn more about the country where he was born.

The 32-year-old right-hander signed a minor-league contract with the Indians last month with an invitation to major league spring training.

A 1994 draft choice by Cleveland, Graves was traded to Cincinnati in 1997. The Reds released him last June after he went 1-1 with 10 saves and a 7.36 ERA. He then joined the Mets, but pitched only 20 1/3 innings for New York.

hxxp://www.cleveland.com/tribe/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1137576815235940.xml&coll=2

hxxp://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/sns-ap-bba-graves-vietnam,0,2458641.story?coll=ny-baseball-headlines
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:44 AM   #2
Ksyrup

Dola. The original link with the pic is:

hxxp://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/this-is-not-a-picture-of-chastity-bono-149369.php
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

and the original FOFC thread is
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=46394
Old 01-19-2006, 09:50 AM   #4
Ksyrup

How the hell did I miss that? My weekly search for transvestite postings on FOFC didn't pick that one up. Oh well, sorry. Continue on with your day.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
How the hell did I miss that? My weekly search for transvestite postings on FOFC didn't pick that one up. Oh well, sorry. Continue on with your day.

Dude, the board has grown and matured. Just doing a quick search for "Subby AND tuna AND Manolo handbag" isn't going to pull all of these things up anymore. You've got to be thorough...
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #6
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I used to think asian chicks were hot.

Me no want Danni Graves love me long time.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote