Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #101
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
This is what, basically, led me to thionk that there's something odd about RB endurance -- your guys with middling endurance are playing like Superman, and your guy with high endurance is a time-splitter, just like mine is.
Oh, I hear ya. It's just that I only posted one guy in this thread.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #102
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Oh, I hear ya. It's just that I only posted one guy in this thread.

But then you followed up with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Well, it definitely was not related to some uber-endurance that my RB1 had...unless you believe that RB2 has it also. He was on the field for every play in the next game.

...making me notice that the guys getting all the crazy stats had that in common -- low to average endurance ratings.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #103
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
But then you followed up with:

...making me notice that the guys getting all the crazy stats had that in common -- low to average endurance ratings.
Ah....I gotcha.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #104
revrew
Team Chaplain

Just read this whole thread for first time. 2 Contributions:

1. I've never had this problem, but (as I like a short-passing game) I have always had a strong receiving FB who I like to put in on passing downs and certain passing downs. Didn't SkyDog's research back up the idea that putting your RB1 in on passing downs wears him out? And didn't Quik say he likes a heavy passing O?

2. There's a setting I haven't heard you experiment with yet: The "use of injured players" setting on the miscellaneous settings screen. Could it be that setting that too low keeps a RB out after he takes a big hit, or that it keeps him out with too minor of an injury?
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #105
Stevebsfan
n00b

Here is an update from my past few weeks

(gameplan changes slightly week to week, but RB playing time never goes lower than 8. Still the same RB with 82/98 END)

W15-9 -- RB1 21 - RB2 4 -- 84%
L23-24 -- RB1 26 - RB2 8 -- 76%
W23-13 -- RB1 19 - Rb2 7 -- 73%
L 9-27 -- RB1 10 - RB1 8 -- 55%
L 9-34 -- RB1 6 - RB2 10 -- 37%
L16-19 -- RB1 23 -- Rb2 16 -- 59%
W27-16 -- RB1 28 -- RB2 8 -- 77%

So it's been actually fairly good until my last loss which had me confused again. The first 3 games were either wins or close, and i'll take around 75% of the carries, that's a pretty expected number.

The blowouts were a little confusing. I mean I wouldn't expect my #1 to get a lot of carries later in the game when i'm getting blown out, however in the first one, here is how the scoring, carry % went..

(score - rb1 carries - rb2 carries - rb1 carry total carry %)
0-7 -- 4 - 4 - 50%
0-14 -- 7 - 4 - 63%
0-17 -- 8 - 5 - 61%
the score started to get out of hand at this point so naturally my RB2 picked up a few more carries, but what was odd was at the point of only down a TD, my RB1 and RB2 were splitting the carries.

Now, let's look at the second blowout

0-3 -- 1 - 0 - 100%
0-10 -- 2 - 2 - 50%
It was 0-27 before I got another carry (^%&# turnovers), so looking back this log isn't much to look at because I only had 4 carries before it was a blowout.

Now, what really had me puzzled was my last loss. The game was close the entire game, I don't think I dropped under 10 points at any point, and with the score 10-6 to open the second half, my backup RB got 5 straight carries on 5 straight plays. Then, out of nowhere my RB1 comes in and starts carrying the ball again on the same drive. So I don't understand it.

Oh well, aside that, it's been improved over the game that caused this thread, but there are still a few blips here and there which leave me scratching my head
Stevebsfan is offline   Reply With Quote