Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
Easy Mac

Tax Questions

Why do I have to pay $30 to file my state taxes online? And why did I have to go through a third party (turbo-tax) to do it? Is that $30 deductible next year? Surely e-filing is cheaper for the irs/state than mailings back and forth.

Why was I charged tax on the $30 I had to pay? That was like an extra 1.80 or something, not much, by why is the state charging me tax on paying my taxes?

Since SC asks you to declare if you've purchased anything on the internet for sales tax purposes, do I have to declare this for next year? And if I don't will they know I'm wrong?

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

http://www.sctax.org/default.htm

That doesnt work for you? The one in PA is free, and that looks free also.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Why do I have to pay $30 to file my state taxes online? And why did I have to go through a third party (turbo-tax) to do it? Is that $30 deductible next year? Surely e-filing is cheaper for the irs/state than mailings back and forth.

Why was I charged tax on the $30 I had to pay? That was like an extra 1.80 or something, not much, by why is the state charging me tax on paying my taxes?

Since SC asks you to declare if you've purchased anything on the internet for sales tax purposes, do I have to declare this for next year? And if I don't will they know I'm wrong?

Yes you can take a deduction next year for tax preparation costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #4
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac

Taking it point by point:

1) I don't know why you have to pay to file your state taxes online PLUS use a third party to do it. It is easier for the IRS and state, but it takes some infranstructure to set up. That doesn't justify the fee, though.

2) You paid sales tax on it because I guess SC considers what you bought "software" (usually taxable) instead of "service" (usually not).

3) You do NOT have to declare this. That tax is for Internet purchases that you do not pay sales taxes on.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Butter
Coordinator

Move to Ohio. The state here has free e-filing online on the state website. Very easy.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Same in Wisconsin, butter.

Hooray!