Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Comcast e-mail people

Are any of you having trouble with your e-mail accounts today?

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

None that I'm aware of. I've been getting my forwarded messages on my blackberry and just logged into the comcast.net account and see messages there. What's the problem?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #3
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
None that I'm aware of. I've been getting my forwarded messages on my blackberry and just logged into the comcast.net account and see messages there. What's the problem?
I wonder if it is a Georgia issue, then, but e-mails getting sent to me are getting returned with "Sorry, I couldn't find any host named comcast.net"
Old 03-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I haven't tried sending an email from that email address. Emails are coming to me OK, though.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #5
Ben E Lou

Can a few of you try to send me one and see what error message comes? benlewis AT comcast.net

I ask because I'm not certain that the tech support person I talked with a few minutes ago is functionally literate. I'd like to give them a little more feedback if the problem is as I suspect it might be.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

what did you do, Skydog?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 551 not our customer

rut-roh raggy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #8
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
what did you do, Skydog?
Nothing that I know of. I had one machine with Outlook Express open, and was surfing on this one. I received my last Comcast e-mail this morning at 8:44am. I looked over at the laptop with OE open around 9:30, and noticed the error message. It hasn't worked for me since. Comcast is my ISP, so the problem isn't globally with my account, or I wouldn't be online right now, but the tech support chick kept wanting to check my modem, which of course gave her no solution.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #9
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
rut-roh raggy...
Yeah, she said that my e-mail address wasn't appearing in the system. I sent myself an e-mail from a yahoo account and got "Sorry, I couldn't find any host named comcast.net."
Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Yeah, she said that my e-mail address wasn't appearing in the system. I sent myself an e-mail from a yahoo account and got "Sorry, I couldn't find any host named comcast.net."

Sounds like an account problem based on my error message, where yours sounds like a network problem... I think I'd go with the former..

As for the incompetency of your tech support person... that frustrates me to no end.. after 8 years in tech support, 2 of which were running one of the biggest, most high-profile desks in the country I hate to see/hear crap like that and how far off base it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like some portion of their database that stores email account info has skipped town. IIRC, something like that happened to me with Earthlink once a couple of years ago. They restored a backup & all was apparently right & good again.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #12
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Sounds like some portion of their database that stores email account info has skipped town. IIRC, something like that happened to me with Earthlink once a couple of years ago. They restored a backup & all was apparently right & good again.

Or maybe Ewiak works at comcast? Dum-dum-dum!! (<===supposed to be spooky music)
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #13
atatange1
High School JV

I just checked my e-mail (10:45 am pacific) and everything worked fine.
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote