Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2003, 02:31 AM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

The Long road of War: A CWG2 dynasty

Ive decided to write up a dynasty about Civil War Generals 2. It can be found at The Underdogs. It is basically a hex based wargame of the civial war. Im playing on the easiest level, which is still hard. and Im fighthing as the blues.

July 18th 1861....

Hostilities have begun here in blackburns ford. we have been skirmishing all day in a small clearing. My men took up positions in the trees and waited for several reinforcments. To my surprise the grays were afraid to attack us in our entrenched positions.

The reinforcments have arrived now, and my line has collapsed around the grays. Our boys have fought well so far.

Both sides have finally retreated. Neither side was able to penetrate the other's. The battle looked to be a draw. Im afraid that this war could be longer than anyone expected.

Stats
Code:
Confederate Union Confederate Union Men Killed 381 343 Men Wounded 755 701 Leaders Killed 0 0 Leaders Wounded 0 0 Men deserted 795 1441 Men Surrendered 0 0 Supplies Captured 2720 1574 Victory Points 331 606 Decision Draw

July 20th 1861

We are stationed here at manassa. Heavy fighting has broken out over the past two days. both sides have taken heavy casualties. Neither side was able to gain the upper hand today, and both paid dearly for it. A key decision early in the first day cost the blues victory today. Rest assured that mistake will not happen again.

Code:
Confederate Union Men Killed 3315 3870 Men Wounded 6637 7760 Leaders Killed 3 1 Leaders Wounded 1 4 Men deserted 0 0 Men Surrendered 4394 0 Supplies Captured 37413 37759 Victory Points 10306 8500 Decision Draw

We lost Col. L. BLinker in battle. he was killed leading his troops.

Lincoln has decided for us to move out towards Kernstown, he is hesitant to provoke a bloody conflict this early in the war.

The Confederate forces serious underestimated my troop strength and were outnumbered from the get go. most of the troops were small groups of men no more than a few hundred. The first men of mine surrendered, and that upset me, I could have done better on the field, and hopefully next time I will do better... Even though I clearly was dominating, and would have totally wiped them out in another 5 turns, a draw was awarded.

Stats
Code:
Confederate Union Men Killed 227 189 Men Wounded 469 398 Leaders Killed 0 0 Leaders Wounded 0 1 Men deserted 0 0 Men Surrendered 1231 422 Supplies Captured 3716 2872 Victory Points 853 1550 Decision Draw

Just to let everyone not familiar with this game know. Victories are computer by margin of points. I belive it takes a 4-1 ratio of Vp's to win a decisive battle and 2-1 ratio for a small victory

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Last edited by Airhog : 04-22-2003 at 02:33 AM.
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:53 PM   #2
Airhog
Captain Obvious

May 8th 1862

We were totally outnumbered today at Mcdowells farm. We were able to keep the grays on the other side of the river. Eventually we were able to push east but alas we were unable to achieve a victory. I hope that we are able to win this war, for the sake of our children....

Stats
Code:
Confederate Union Men Killed 121 93 Men Wounded 252 188 Leaders Killed 0 0 Leaders Wounded 0 0 Men deserted 0 0 Men Surrendered 0 0 Supplies Captured 664 1958 Victory Points 686 1057 Decision Draw

Old 04-22-2003, 09:55 PM   #3
JeffNights
College Prospect

This is GREAT!!!

but, to make it even more intersting..a little more backround of how things are looking in the big picture....
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 01:39 PM   #4
Airhog
Captain Obvious

hmm, well the game doesnt reall handle the big picture.........

Actually I just couldnt get into the game, It seemed that no matter what I do, you have to accept the fate in some of the smaller battles. I hacked the files for one battle, and even with overwhelming force, I was barely able to get a minor victory.... I guess this is just the way the game does things, but it really seems to get under my skin....of course the union did get their butt kicked in the beginning, so maybe I just need to stick with it....

Old 04-23-2003, 02:49 PM   #5
Mountain
Mascot

Arhog

I had the original game and played as the Union and won pretty handily most of the time. Maybe you're using a patched version that made it harder but I remember the game being pretty easy. Are you using your commanders and the terrain properly?
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:55 PM   #6
Airhog
Captain Obvious

well I am at the first of the war, I am using the terrain as best as I can, im not sure how to use the commanders, I usually just keep them close to my men. Granted I was at a point in the war where stonewall kicked the unions ass, so that could have been one reason why. Also I am running the patched version, which might make it more difficult....