ba-ba-ba-buuuuuuump.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:37 AM   #152
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
ba-ba-ba-buuuuuuump.

I think Anxiety has long since forgotten the plight of the poor, poor people of Granada.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:38 PM   #153
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January 13, 1576 - Spain has declared war upon Transylvania and the Ottoman Empire.

January 16, 1576 - France went with Sign the Agreement in Henry's Liberalization Agreement. France has Catholic Response to Henry's Liberalization Agreement.

January 29, 1576 - Jihad Against Iberia

"For decades and decades the Granadan throne has been assaulted by the Spanish, Portugese, Aragonese, Navarrans and ultimately, by the Papacy itself. By laying claim to all Iberian land, Granada would never again likely be an ally of an Iberian power. But conquest would be much easier."

Declare Jihad Against Iberia -

The nine Iberian provinces that are not our core provinces now become our core provinces including Leon, Valencia, Murcia, Navarra and Catalonia.

We enter war with Spain and Aragon.

Badboy points increase

Relations with Spain, France, Papacy, and Aragon decrease.

We Will Not Attack Our Neighbors -

-20 victory points
+50 relations with Aragon, Spain, Papacy

After consideration, despite our country not being ready for war like I would enjoy, I declare Jihad against Iberia and war with Spain and Aragon is joined.

Mainza, Ragusa, Naples and Austria join Spain and Aragon in war against me. I choose not to call upon Tlemcen's aid.

Military and Naval maintenance are jacked up to 100% each.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:00 PM   #154
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jihad Against Iberia

February 1, 1576 - In the Carribbean I have a transport with some soldiers on it heading to the Straits of Puerto Rico to capture the colonies of Puerto Rico and the three Hispaniolan provinces. I might also stop by the Venezuelan Sea to drop the troops off at the Spanish Trading Post of Caribe. And if that works, and the Spanish aren't bothering my own holding or recapturing theirs, it may be a trip to Cuba for the three Cuban provinces.

In Iberia, Spanish troops appear to be on the move in several areas. There are significant numbers of troops in all four Spanish provinces. Their troops in Castilla are led by D. Juan de Austria.

I have 18000 troops in Navarra with 4000 more being built. I could order them into Aragon territory to dodge the intial Castillian attacks and also deal some damage to Aragon.

I decide top order the 18000 troops in Navarra into Roussillon to see what Aragon has up north military wise.

I also launch the Valencia fleet of 12 warships and 4 transports to sail around and see what can be seen.

February 4, 1576 - Our fleet arrives in the Gulf of Valencia and engages an Aragonese fleet there.

February 14, 1576 - Spanish forces arrive in Leon and begin to assault the city.

February 16, 1576 - We won the first engagement of the Jihad as we narrowly defeat teh Aragonese fleet and they run away. I order our fleet to Tunisia to pick up our North African army.

February 21, 1576 - A lot more soldiers have arrived in Leon and they are assaulting the city.

February 27, 1576 - We arrive in the Straits of Puerto Rico but there are pirates hre. I can also see 4000 Spanish troops stationed in Tortusa, thus making assaults on Hispaniola harder. I order our transport to the Venezuelan Coast.

March 5, 1576 - We have engaged the Aragon forces in Roussillon.

March 7, 1576 - Leon falls.

March 8, 1576 - Spain lands forces in Guadeloupe and it falls as well.

March 9, 1576 - We defeat the Aragonese in Roussillon. I order our troops to Bearn.

March 11, 1576 - Our fleet arrives in the Venezuelan Sea but there are many Spanish warships waiting. I order our fleet to the Lesser Antilles.

March 21, 1576 - Spain captures Martinique.

March 23, 1576 - We defeat the Aragonese in another naval battle in The Baleares.

March 29, 1576 - Our forces arrive in Bearn and attack the Aragonese.

March 30, 1576 - Tobago and Trinidad have been captured by Spain.

April 2, 1576 - We defeat the Aragonese in Bearn. I order my forces to Catalonia.

April 5, 1576 - I take a second to assess the Jihad thus far. Against Spain we are losing in both arenas. If I can find waters berift of Spanish presence, I can unload our troops and recapture the islands. I have to recapture our island or capture a bunch of Spanish provines elsewhere in order to decrease the power difference here.

In Iberia, we have lost Leon, and Spain is relocating their men. Are they going to assault Aragon? Estramadura? Toledo? All three are certainly possible.

Against Aragon, on the other hand, war is going very well. We have won several naval encounters and all military ones as well. Our army is marching towards Catalonia as we speak. War against Aragon should prove successful.

Spain is our large concern at this time.

Old 09-13-2003, 02:49 PM   #155
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Jihad Continues

April 5, 1576 - More Aragon fleets hinder our progress across the Mediterrainen.

April 10, 1576 - Spain demands Guadeloupe and Leon for peace. I order them to shove it. But we have to get momentum back. I have ordered 2000 calvary built in Itaimas. They are about halfway done. I'll march to the Spanish colonies in teh south and hope they do not have defenses.

April 16, 1576 - Although we lost a warship, we have defeated the Aragonese navy off the Barbary Coast. We also defeated some Aragonese forces in Bearn.

April 29, 1576 - 10000 Spanish troops arrive in Estramadura.

May 7, 1576 - Spain has a second leader, Alessandro Farnese. This is not going to be good.

May 8, 1576 - Naples has landed some troops in Gerona and is attacking us.

May 16, 1576 - Almost 40000 Spanish troops are assaulting Aragon province.

I order our troops in Navarra into Cantabria, in hopes of forcing Spanish troops northward.

June 6, 1576 - Spain has captured Aragon.

June 8, 1576 - We lay siege to Cantabria. I order our troops to Asturias.

June 9, 1576 - Spain demands 50 ducats and military access. I acquiesce. We are now at peace with Spain.

I order our troops from Cantabria to Gerona to break the Aragon/Naples siege.

We lost to Spain, but we didn't lose any land, and that's a definite good thing.

We now need to win a decisive war against Aragon.

July 5, 1576 - Our fleet unloads the North African army in Valencia. I march them into Catalonia.

July 27, 1576 - Battle in Gerona is enjoined.

July 29, 1576 - Battle in Catalonia is enjoined.

August 11, 1576 - I call for a retreat in Catalonia back to Aragon.

September 3, 1576 - We lose in Gerona.

October 16, 1576 - Aragon forces followed us into Aragon province from Catalonia. I order the Navarran army into Aragon.

November 14, 1576 - We defeat the Aragon army in Aragon. I order our arimes to Catalonia to assault the Aragon captial. Again.

December 27, 1576 - Gerona is about to fall. One more assult on the mountain stronghold? I offer a peace offering to Naples for 50 ducats. They refuse.

I order my men to Gerona.

December 28, 1576 - An Heirless Noble Dies. I can directly adminiser his lands, increasing the taxvalue in Leon by one and giving us 30 ducats. Or I can grant them to a noble and get +1 stability and +1 aristocracy. I choose to directly administer them.

January 13, 1577 - Naples is assaulting Tangiers.

January 26, 1577 - Our forces arrive in Gerona attempting to break the Naples siege before Gerona falls.

I order 10000 soldiers in Toledo.

January 28, 1577 - The Council of Trent occurs.

In an attempt to stem the tide of sweeping protestantism and reformism throughout Europe, the Catholc Church has enacted a variety of laws. Catholic nations may now become Counter Reform Catholics, the last religion available. So, Christian nations have a lot of religions possible - Orthodox, in the east. Catholic. Counter Reform Catholic. Protestant and Reformed.

March 2, 1577 - We defeat the Naples forces in Gerona and force them away, thus ending the siege.

Naples is assaulting Tangiers.

March 7, 1577 - Naples captures Tangiers.

I order my men back into Catalonia from Gerona.

March 19, 1577 - I launch the Valencian fleet into the Gulf of valencia to blockade Catalonia while my troops lay siege.

April 15, 1577 - The Ottoman Empire had The Ottoman Incorporation of Al-Djazair. The Ottomans Annex Algiers.

April 18, 1577 - Those 10000 new soldiers are ready and I order them to assist in Catalonia.

May 3, 1577 - Naples sends ships to break our blockade in the Gulf of Valencia.

May 13, 1577 - We defeat the Naples fleet.

May 24, 1577 - Aragon attacks our fleet in the Gulf. I order our troops in Catalonia to assault the city.

June 8, 1577 - We defeat the Aragon fleet

June 16, 1577 - We lost the assault and continue the siege.

September 13, 1577 - More Naples forces arrive in gerona and they begin another siege.

September 25, 1577 - I attack a Naples fleet in the Gulf of Valencia.

October 13, 1577 - We drive away the Naples fleet.

I get a peace offer from Aragon for 250 ducats. I send them away.

January 6, 1578 - I order colonists to Niteroi.

January 15, 1578 - I order another assault on Catalonia.

March 6, 1578 - We capture Catalonia! I order my men to Gerona to break the Naples siege there that is not going well again.

April 3, 1587 - The Naples forces retreat to Bearn and assault the rebel captured city there. I order my forces to Navarra where Aragon rebels have crossed borders and are attacking us.

April 21, 1578 - Our Royal marriage with Qara Koyunlu has expired. We renew our vows. We also enter into Royal Marriage with Ak Koyunlu.

April 29, 1578 - We enter Navarra and attack the rebels.

June 21, 1578 - We defeat the rebels in Navarra. I order our men back to Gerona.

June 25, 1578 - Niteroi expands, the locals join us, and it is now a full colonial city.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:08 PM   #156
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Finishing Out the Jihad

July 17, 1578 - I turn down another Aragon peace proposal, this one for 294 ducats.

July 29, 1578 - I order my troops into Roussillon.

August 14, 1578 - We engage the Aragon forces in Roussillon.

September 1, 1578 - We defeat the armies in Roussillon. Tunisia is rebelling.

September 12, 1578 - I order our forces into Languedoc.

January 5, 1579 - 24000 fresh Aragon-Naples troops land in Catalonia. I order an assault on Languedoc.

January 20, 1579 - We capture Languedoc. I order our men through Roussillon to Bearn.

March 8, 1579 - Aragon offers us peace for 102 ducats and Languedoc. Considering that the Naples assault on Gerona is doing very well, I accept.

I would have preferred to have Bearn and Roussillon as well, but for now, I'll take Languedoc.

Languedoc - Located in south France, Languedoc is a quiet wine province. The 37124 people here are Reformed and French. Languedoc sends us 12 ducats and makes 13 in Lyonnais. They are experiencing nationalism. Provence and Dauphine are to the east across the Rhone River. Cevennes and Lyonnais are to the north. Guyenne is northwest. And Roussillon is southward.

Niteroi - 1618 people work the Sugar Cane fields here in this South American coastal port. South of Itaimas, the Arabic Sunni people here send us 8 ducats while 19 goes to Tago in trade. I order a Tax Collector here.

I order my troops in Bearn to Languedoc.

I also order naval maintenance cut in half.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:09 PM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 11, 1579 - I send traders to Maroni, Para, and Tiracambu to see if any take.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:52 PM   #158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The French-Granadan War

March 26, 1579 - France declares war upon us. I call upon our allies Tlemcen. They join the war. Brandenburg joins France.

March 28, 1579 - I invite the Huguenots into our alliance. They decline. Savoy and Bourbonnais also decline. Therefore, we are apparently doing this on our own.

I take out a loan and order calvary in Kabylia where I have been slowly amassing an army. We need to defeat the rebels in Tunisia first. Then I'll turn my eye to France.

April 9, 1579 - Our 15000 troops arrive in Languedoc.

May 1, 1579 - Morocco and Mali enter into an alliance.

Our troops arrive in Kabylia.

May 13, 1579 - French forces from Dauphine attack us. Dauphine is the only French province that borders Languedoc.

June 5, 1579 - We defeat the French but more troops are coming.

June 7, 1579 - Brittany declared war upon France. Eire and England joined Brittany. Brandenburg joined France.

July 8, 1579 - The calvary in Kabylia are ready and I move our soldiers to Tunisia.

August 5, 1579 - 3000 more troops are ready in Languedoc.

August 8, 1579 - We arrive in Tunisia to attack the rebels here.

August 21, 1579 - The rebels are defeated. I leave this army in Tunisia.

October 12, 1579 - France rejects our offer of a white peace.

October 23, 1579 - France captures our trading post in Acadie and burns it to the ground!

November 1, 1579 - Bavaria changes their religion to Counter Reform Catholic.

January 4, 1580 - Morocco went with Implement Them in The Reforms of al-Mansur.

I order traders to Acadie to re-establish our Trading Post there.

I order 3000 calvary built in Languedoc and 4000 infantry in Tunisia.

January 11, 1580 - Morocco chose Demand a Mithqal of Gold for Each Load! in the Salt Mines of Teghazza.

Songhai selected We Refeuse to Acquiesce to Such a Demand! in The Salt Mines of Taghaza.

February 1, 1580 - Spain selected One King, One Kingdom in The Portugese Crown.

March 21, 1580 - We establish a Trading Post in Tiracambu.

April 18, 1580 - We fail to set up traders in Para.

April 23, 1580 - Our attempts to establish a Trading Post in Moroni failed as well.

June 25, 1580 - France is building an army in Dauphine and marching towards us.

June 27, 1580 - French forces arrive in Languedoc. They have 17000 soldiers including more calvary. We have 12000 men. However, they crossed a river to get here, thus decreasing their attack ability.

July 20, 1580 - We repel the French. Barely. They were led by Henry IV.

September 29, 1580 - England had Drake's Circumnavigation. Spain had Drake in the Pacific.

October 1, 1580 - Our naval technology increases.

I offer France a white peace and they accept this time.

Old 09-13-2003, 10:47 PM   #159
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Tough days for Granada. Thanks for the huge update!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #160
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December 1, 1580 - Provence has declared their independance from genoa and has declared war upon them. Spain joins her ally Genoa against Provence.

December 8, 1580 - Austria joins the Aragon/Naples alliance.

January 1, 1581 - Settlers are dispatched to Tiracambu.

January 21, 1581 - Genoa had Merchant Bankers of Genoa.

April 21, 1581 - Our attempts to establish a Trading Post at Acadie have failed. More are dispatched.

May 5, 1581 - Provence is annexed by Genoa again.

June 2, 1581 - We establish a colony in Tiracambu!

October 8, 1581 - Tiracambu expands.

November 26, 1581 - Cantonments have been established in Algarve and Granada, increasing manpower there by +1.

March 19, 1582 - We enter into Royal marriage with Nogai.

April 1, 1582 - Austria changes her religion to Counter Reform Catholic.

May 7, 1582 - Tiracambu expands.

June 1, 1582 - The Papal States become Counter Reform Catholics.

August 6, 1582 - Despite heavy odds in our favor, we fail to establish a Trading Post in Acadie but more traders are released.

September 13, 1582 - Tiracambu expands.

May 11, 1582 - Tiracambu expands.

September 1, 1583 - The peasants in Kabylia are rebelling. I order our standing army in Tunisia to Kabylia.

September 10, 1583 - Our Royal Marriage with Baluchistan has expired.

September 14, 1583 - Tiracambu expands and the natives join us, making a full colonial city.

Tiracambu

The port of Tiracambu rests on the northern side of what has come to be known as Brazil. 2111 people work the Sugar Cane here, sending us 7 ducats and creating 19 in trade in Tago. The people here are Sunni and Arabic. Tiracambu is adjacent to two nice provinces in Para and Parnaiba.

November 21, 1583 - We establish a Trading Post in Acadie finally.

November 23, 1583 - We defeat the rebels in Kabylia!

December 16, 1583 - We enter into a Royal Marriage with Kilwa, Mogadishu, and Mombasa.

January 9, 1584 - France has The Three Henrys.

February 21, 1584 - France has Inflation Problems.

April 2, 1584 - I repay our loan of 200 ducats.

September 1, 1584 - A new nation - The Netherlands, declared independance from Kleves and are now at war with Kleves.

September 9, 1584 - The Netherlands chose to Expand Loan Market in Creation of the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.

September 10, 1584 - We enter into a Trade Agreement with The Netherlands.

September 30, 1584 - The Netherlands have The Dutch Republic.

October 6, 1584 - Rebels from Bearn have entered Navarra where 9000 troops are stationed.

October 26, 1584 - The Netherlands select Centralized Monarchy in Constitutionalism and The General Estates.

November 3, 1584 - We defeat the rebels.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:49 AM   #161
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Continuing War Against Aragon

November 10, 1584 - Aragon decalres war upon us! Austri, Ragusa and Naples join Aragon. I call upon Tlemcen who joins our side.

I have 12000 men in Languedoc that I can march to Lyonnais. I only have 7000 soldiers in Navarra. Come December I need to build more.

Aragon has established a Trading Post at Surinam in South America. I will dispatch troops to take it.

I order my Navarran forces to Catalonia where Aragon forces are being equipped. I decide to order my Languedoc forces into Roussillon.

November 25, 1584 - We arrive in Roussilon and attack the Aragon forces here.

January 5, 1584 - Catalonia has equipped soldiers who attack our troops arrayed there.

January 7, 1584 - We capture the Trading Post of Surinam.

January 10, 1584 - We finally defeat the Aragonese in Roussillon. We also win in Catalonia.

January 15, 1584 - 8000 Ragusan troops arrive in Roussillon to attack our weary troops.

January 24, 1584 - We defeat the Ragusa army.

February 18, 1584 - Aragon rallies their forces and assaults our position in Catalonia. I order the troops from Roussillon to join our troops in Catalonia.

Marh 3, 1584 - We defeat the troops in Catalonia and I order our froces to hold in Gerona.

April 1, 1584 - Our new troops constructed in Navarra are under attack from 2000 Ragusans. I order a newly fortified army from Gerona back into Roussillon to besiege the city.

April 9, 1585 - We lost in Navarra.

April 14, 1585 - Aragon again assaults our troops in Catalonia.

May 1, 1585 - Catalonian forces are defeated and the Aragonese now hold their capital again.

May 27, 1585 - 8000 Naples forces arrive in Languedoc.

May 30, 1585 - England has Raleigh's First Colonial Effort in North America.

July 2, 1585 - 20000 Austrian forces led by Karl have joine dthe siege of Languedoc.

August 1, 1585 - Rebels have captured the Aragon province of Cevennes.

August 3, 1585 - The Knights have joined the Aragon allaince and entered into war with us.

October 1, 1585 - Aragon lands troops in Tripolitania. I order forces in Tunisia to force Argon out.

October 3, 1585 - Argons tries to break our siege of Roussillon.

October 23, 1585 - We defeat the Aragon troops in Roussillon.

November 19, 1585 - We attack the Aragon forces in Tripoli.

December 27, 1585 - We lose mightily to the Aragon forcess out of Tripoli.

February 3, 1586 - We capture Roussillon!!!

I offer peace to Aragon for Roussillon. They accept.

Roussillon -

The land link between Gerona and Languedoc, Roussillon is adjacent to Guyenne and Gascogne to the north and Bearn to the west. The 23429 people here work the wine field, sending us 9 ducats in taxes and 14 to Lyonnais in trade. The people here are Catholic and Iberian. I order a Tax Collector and 2000 troop built here.

Old 09-28-2003, 10:48 AM   #162
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

War Continues

February 5, 1586 - The Huguenots declare war upon us. Tlemcen joins us.

The 3000 Huguenot troops in Guyenne are led by Henri de Navarre. The other Huguenot province is Limousin, north of Guyenne. We have 12000 troops in Roussillon, south of Guyenne.

I dispatch traders to Para.

February 6, 1586 - Sweden, for some inexplicable reason, has also declared war upon us.

March 13, 1586 - 11000 Huguenot forces have arrived in Languedoc and initiated a siege. I order our forces to Guyenne from Roussillon.

April 10, 1586 - We defeat 2000 Huguenot troops and initiate a siege of Guyenne.

May 19, 1586 - Aragon and her alliance have gone to war against the Ottomans.

July 2, 1586 - England has Drake's Triumphs. Spain has Drake strikes in Spain and the Americas.

July 3, 1586 - France and England come to peace terms. Bermuda, Mecklemburg and Maine are ceded to England.

July 5, 1586 - England and her allies Brittany and Eire declare war upon us.

November 14, 1586 - Our Royal Marriage with the Changtai Khanate has expired.

January 5, 1587 - We have captured Guyenne! Unfortunately, the siege by the Huguenots at Languedoc goes poorly. I order my forces to break the siege.

We sign a Trade Agreement with the French Catholics.

January 20, 1587 - Our 20000 troops arrive in Languedoc to attack Henri de Navarre and his 11000 Huguenot troops.

February 14, 1587 - We lose, but we defeat enough Huguenots that they are forced to retreat for they can no longer sustain the siege. 15,000 of our men survived, less than 5000 Huguenots did.

March 14, 1587 - Traders to Para failed to set up shop. I dispatch more traders.

May 1, 1587 - Navarrans in the province of Bearn have declared independance from Aragon. Aragon is now at war with Navarra. Austria, Ragusa, and The Knights have dishonored their alliance with Aragon.

May 6, 1587 - A Conquistador requests funding for a new expedition. They would begin in Guadeloupe and cost 75 ducats to prepare. I pay the money easily. Meet Dakhla, our new Conquistador.

May 18, 1587 - The Papal States have joined the alliance with Aragon and Naples.

May 21, 1587 - Siena has joined the Aragon alliance.

June 5, 1587 - Dakhla has boarded a tranpost in the Lesser Antilles. I set sail for Curacao.

June 18, 1587 - In waters by Curacao, I order Dakhla to dismount into the northern areas of South America. Although I fully expect these areas to be heavily colonized, I want to get them on my map, and I also want to doublecheck to make sure that they are not available.

Sweden rejected our peace offer. Sweden has landed troops in tangiers and is assaulting our fortress there.

June 26, 1587 - England has Raleigh's Second Colonial Effort in North America.

June 27, 1587 - 11000 Huguenot troops have arrived in Guyenne.

July 24, 1587 - We discover Yaraguay. I order our fleet westward and Dakhla to disembark and explore further.

September 21, 1587 - We discover Tocuvo.

November 10, 1587 - Dakhla discovers Maracaibo.

January 4, 1588 - Sweden rejects my entreaties for peace.

January 23, 1588 - Russia chose Let Us Lead the True Faith From Moscow in The Russian Orthodox Church Declared Independent of Constantinople.

February 5, 1588 - We discovered Bermuda.

March 15, 1588 - I offer a white peace to the Huguenots and they accept.

I order traders to Recife.

I decide to try and risk a cross-atlantic trip with Dakhla. We set sail from Barbados and will anchor in the waters off of Acadie.

April 23, 1588 - We again fail to establish a tyrading post in Para.

May 1, 1588 - The peasants in Roussillon are revolting.

May 12, 1588 - We defeat the peasants in Roussillon.

I invite Navarra into our alliance but they refuse.

May 17, 1588 - Our trip suceeded despite storms and we arrive in the Bay of Fundy. I order Dakhla to disembark.

May 27, 1588 - Our Royal Marriage with the Ottomans has expired. We immediately renew our vows. No marriage is as important as this one.

June 1, 1588 - The peasants in Roussillon again rebel...

June 18, 1588 - ...and are again crushed.

June 19, 1588 - Dakhla discovrs Nova Scotia.

August 20, 1588 - Dakhla discovers Isle Royale.

October 23, 1588 - Sweden offers us a white peace and I accept.

Dakhla lands in Micmac. There are no natives here.

Old 10-05-2003, 06:32 AM   #163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Little Exploration

December 19, 1588 - Dakhla discovers Gaspesie, a Swedish colony north of our Trading Post in Acadie.

December 21, 1588 - France has The Assassination of the Duke of Guise.

January 7, 1589 - I dispatch colonists to Acadie.

February 8, 1589 - Burgundy decalres war upon France. Poland, Austria and Modena join Burgundy. Austria dishonors her alliance with Burgundy but joins a few days later after reconsidering.

France has Brandenburg join them.

February 15, 1589 - We discover Bas St-Laurent, A French Trading Post west of Acadie.

March 1, 1589 - We successfully set up a Trading Post in Recife, on the easternmost corner of South America.

April 14, 1589 - Dakhla discovered Bangor, east of Micmac and south of Bas St-Laurent. I order Dakhla onwards.

May 24, 1589 - We discover Penobscot, but the natives have attacked Dakhla!

June 15, 1589 - We defeat the natives

July 13, 1589 - We establish a colony in Acadie! I order more colonists.

August 12, 1589 - We discover Megantic, northwest of Penobscot.

September 23, 1589 - Dakhla discovers Sebego, south of Megantic and west of Penobscot. We are still inland. I order Dakhla coastward.

October 10, 1589 - Another Conquistador requests funding. He will begin his expedition in Murcia for 75 ducats. I agree and Safi joins us. I order a Transport dispatched from the main fleet stationed in Valencia to take him and his 500 calvary to the North American area we are exploring with Dakhla.

November 5, 1589 - Dakhla discovers Massachusetts. I order him to continue southward along the coast. Our old Portugese maps had Manhattan on the maps, and that is an English Trading Post. One last region lies between our explorations and the English holdings.

November 24, 1589 - Scotland is annexed by England after losing the war.

December 12, 1589 - War breaks out among 4 West African countries.

December 18, 1589 - Acadie expands.

January 4, 1590 - We discover Connecticut, but the natives are attacking Dakhla!

January 22, 1590 - The Netherlands declare war upon Aragon. Each country's allies join them.

January 27, 1590 - The natives of Connecticut are no more.

February 1, 1590 - The rebels in Cevennes have defected to the Huguenots. Cevennes was an Aragon holding. The Palatinat has changed religion to Protestant.

February 24, 1590 - Safi arrives in Micmac.

March 1, 1590 - Roussillon is revolting.

March 7, 1590 - Dakhla discovers Adirondak.

March 10, 1590 - We crush the Roussillon rebels.

April 1, 1590 - The rebels in France have broken the government.

May 1, 1590 - Our land technology increases.

May 22, 1590 - Dakhla discovers Catskill, a British Trading Post.

May 24, 1590 - Eire declares war upon Bremen. The Netherlands join Bremen, and England and Brittany join Eire.

June 19, 1590 - Acadie expands.

June 22, 1590 - France declares war upon us.

Old 10-11-2003, 03:13 PM   #164
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 1590 - We discover Stadacone, an English Trading Post north of Bas St-Laurent.

August 5, 1590 - Dakhla discovered the province of Oswego, which is held by the Iroquois. They pount out their capital, Mohawk, to us.

August 7, 1590 - The Iroquois decline our offer of a Trade Agreement.

August 29, 1590 - Safi discoveres Shawinigan, west of Stadacone.

September 19, 1590 - Dakhla discovers Ticonderoga, west of Megantic and north of Adirondak.

October 1, 1590 - France offers us a white peace without a blow ever transpiring. I agree.

October 10, 1590 - Safi finds Laurentia.

November 16, 1590 - Dakhla discovers Huron, the capital of the Huron people.

Old 10-11-2003, 03:58 PM   #165
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November 16, 1590 - The Hurons and Iroquois are at war. I offer another Trade Agreement to the Iroquois and they accept.

November 20, 1590 - Safi discovers Saguenay, northeast of Stadacone.

November 24, 1590 - Acadie expands.

December 30, 1590 - Safi find Manicouagan, a Swedish Trading Post northeast of Saguenay. This is as far as Safi can travel. I order him to returnto Laurentia.

January 13, 1591 - Dakhla discovers Hochelaga, another Huron region. This is as far as Dakhla can explore. I order him to Micmac.

March 16,. 1591 - Safi discovers Ottawa, also under Huron control and this is as far as Safi can explore. I order him to return to Micmac as well.

May 1, 1591 - Acadie expands.

July 1, 1591 - The people of Roussillon are rebelling.

July 27, 1591 - We defeat the rebels.

December 12, 1591 - The French Catholics declared war upon England and their many allies join both sides.

January 8, 1592 - I dispatch colonists to Martinique.

January 13, 1592 - Huron agrees to a Trade Agreement.

February 15, 1592 - England has Hugh O'Meill's Irish Rebellion.

April 7, 1592 - Acadie expands, the locals join our settlement, and Acadie becomes a full colony.

Acadie:

The mainland connection between Nova Scotia and Northern America, Acadie is host to 2619 Sunni Arabic colonists who work the Salt Trade. We receive four ducats annually from Acadie and three are created in trade in Tago. I order a Tax Collector placed in this port.

April 20, 1592 - A plague hits Leon and the population is reduced by 2000.

May 2, 1592 - The rebels have broken the government of Austria. The following splinter countries have declared independance from Austria: Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Wirtemberg, and Tyrol.

June 6, 1592 - martinique expands and more colonists are dispatched.

June 26, 1592 - Safi boards a transport that heads for the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

August 1, 1592 - Dakhla boards a transport. I order the transport to The Azores, and then to Tago, and then to West Africa. I want to explore the lands inland of our Coastal West African holdings.

August 24, 1592 - Safi discovers Anticosti, an English colony east of Manicouagan.

September 2, 1592 - Kleves annexed Cologne.

October 27, 1592 - Aragon accepted peace with Navarra which is in the reion of Bearn.

November 9, 1592 - Martinique expands.

November 16, 1592 - Safi discovers Belle Isle, a Swedish colony east of Anticosti.

December 28, 1592 - Dakhla lands at Nouakchott. I order him desertward.

January 5, 1593 - England had William Shakespeare.

January 30, 1593 - Our Royal Marriage with the Mameluks has expired and they do not want to renew our vows.

Old 10-11-2003, 06:20 PM   #166
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I take a brief look at the military of our kingdom.

We can support 78000 men, we currently have 35889 infantry and 8916 calvary n the doles.

In the four Iberian Spanish provinces, Spain has 10000 soldiers, 14000, 19000, and 33000. We simply can't touch that.

Aragon has no soldiers currently holding any mainland province.

We can support 58 ships. We have 9 warships and 5 transports.

21,375 infantry and 3016 calvary are stationed in Roussillon.

12,641 infantry and 2343 calvary are stationed in Tunisia.

1000 calvary are with the Conquistadors.

2000 calvary are in teh South American province of Niteroi, a fas attack unit designed to race through uncharted territory and take Spanish colonies from behind should war be entered.

1873 infantry are in the Aragon Trading Post of Surinam. They landed here in the last war and have remained here under a white flag ever since. If war erupts, we'll be able to take the Aragon trading post immediately.

981 calvary are in the colony of Gambia on the West African coast adjacent to the Aragon colonies Casamance and Guinea. I order 1000 more calvary to increase our forces.

I send a personal gift of 71 ducats to Tlemcen. They have been our loyal allies in war, always joining us despite the power our enemies bring to bear. I want to thank them and tighten our relations.

If war with one of our Iberian neighbors comes sooner or later, I want to be prepared. We lack the technologocal power to stand toe to toe with our enemies. We need startegy, prepardeness and surprise.

Old 10-11-2003, 06:52 PM   #167
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 3, 1593 - Dakhla, in our colony of Nouakchott discovered the Mali province of Awdaghost.

April 2, 1593 - Our Trade Level advances!!!

June 24, 1593 - Martinique expands.

June 28, 1593 - Dakhla discovers Walata, another Mali holding.

July 2, 1593 - France comes to peace with Luxembourgh, but has to cede Champagne.

July 3, 1593 - France has At the Walls of Paris. France annexes French Catholics and Huguenots.

October 11, 1593 - Safi lands in Dakar. Dakhla discovers the Mali province of Jenne.

November 8, 1593 - Both of my Conquistadors board a transport off the Coast of Gambia.

November 23, 1593 - Martinique expands.

November 30, 1593 - Sweden declares war upon us again. I wish Sweden would get over their obsession wiuth us. Tlemcen heeds our call.

January 5, 1594 - I order 1000 infantry in Acadie for protection and maybe for excursions.

I dispatch Traders to Nova Scotia and the island of Fernando Po off the East African Coast.

February 1, 1594 - The rebels in Roussillon are rising.

February 14, 1594 - The rebels are crushed.

March 1, 1594 - Our Naval Technology has increased.

March 2, 1594 - I order our fresh Acadie soldiers to the Swedish colony of Gaspesie.

April 11, 1594 - Our Conquistadors arrive in Ciskei, in South Africa. Dakhla heads West, Safi goes north.

April 13, 1594 - We capture Gaspesie.

April 21, 1594 - Martinique expands and is now a small colonial city!

Martinique:

718 people work Sugar Trade is this Carribbean island. The Sunni Arabic citizens enjoy year round sunshine while sending us 9 ducats and creating 19 in trade in Antigua. I order a Tax Collector sent to the island.

May 23, 1594 - France establishes a Trading Post in Saguenay. It's very cosmopolitan here. In order from east to west, the provinces go Swedish, English, Swedish, French, English, French, Huron, Swedish, Granadan.

May 29, 1594 - Aragon dishonored their alliance when Wurzburg and The Palatinat declare war upon each other.

Aragon is without an alliance......

Without military troops in the mainland......

And with a very fat Lyonnais just next door to us......

Old 10-11-2003, 08:26 PM   #168
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

War, War, and More War

I was wrong about Aragon, 17000 Aragonese troops are stationed currently in Catalonia. I order our Roussillon forces into Languedoc.

I order my troops from Tunisia to Kabylia, and our fleet launched to the Barbary Coast.

June 29, 1594 - Our troops in Kabylia are ordered into the ships.

I offer a white peace to Swden having no continue a war with them but they refuse.

July 7, 1594 - Dakhla discovers Bushman.

July 15, 1594 - Our fleet sets sail for The Baleares.

July 27, 1594 - Our fleet, loaded with troops, arrives in the Gulf of Mallorca, where The Baleares are found.

I declare war upon Aragon and Tlemcen joins our battle.

I immediately order our soldiers in Languedoc into Lyonnais. We have to take the Center of Trade.

I also order our North African army to dispatch into The Baleares.

We capture the Aragon Trading Post of Surinam, thus striking the first blow of the war!

I order our 2000 calvary in Gambia into the Aragon colonies in West Africa.

August 6, 1594 - Safi discovers Chibuene, a province north and inland of Natal. It is owned by some country named Zimbabwe. The people of Zimbabwe mark their capital, also named Zimbabwe, on our map.

August 13, 1594 - Our army arrives in Lyonnais. There are 9000 rebels here, so we have to crush them first. Battle ensues.

August 23, 1594 - We land in The Baleares.

Auigust 26, 1594 - We defeat the rebels in Lyonnais and begin the seige of Lyonnais.

August 28, 1594 - Aragon forces in Catalonia arrive in the province of Aragon and assault the city.

September 23, 1594 - Aragon takes Aragon, then offers us a white peace. I laugh at them.

October 12, 1594 - We capture Guinea, an Aragon colony.

November 3, 1594 - Aragon rejoined the alliance she had with Naples, the Papal States, Wurzburg and Siena.

November 25, 1594 - Dakhla discovers Damara, above our provinces in South Africa.

December 6, 1594 - Safi discovers Zambezia, a coastal province on the eastern side of Africa.

December 23, 1594 - England declared war upon the Iroquois. We failed to establish a Trading Post on Fernando Po.

February 1, 1595 - Dakhla discovers Ovambo.

March 29, 1595 - Safi discovers Sofala, another Zimbabwe holding.

March 30, 1595 - We fail to establish a trading post in Nova Scotia.

April 1, 1595 - The revolting French in Bas St-Laurent have defected to Sweden.

April 8, 1595 - England and Sweden have joined forces in an alliance to be feared.

April 29, 1595 - We capture the Swedish Trading Post of Bas St-Laurent.

May 15, 1595 - England had Raleigh;s Orinoco Expedition.

June 4, 1595 - Aragon assaults our blockading fleet in the Gulf of Mallorca.

Troops built in Navarra head for the province of Aragon to recapture it.

June 10, 1595 - We defeat the Aragon fleet.

June 26, 1595 - We capture Lyonnais!

Aragon offers us peace for 105 ducats. I refuse.

June 30, 1595 - Aragon sends 1000 calvary to Guinea to knock off our 1900 calvary.

July 29, 1595 - Aragon crushes our calvary in Guinea and recaptures their colony.

July 30, 1595 - A diplomatic move increases our relations with France by 25 and we get a diplomat.

August 15, 1595 - I order our troops in The Baleares to assault the fortress sensing victory is near.

November 8, 1595 - We have captured The Balleares.

December 12, 1595 - Aragon captured Tobogo and Trinidad.

December 18, 1595 - We again failed to set up a Trading Post in Fernando Po.

January 11, 1596 - Spain has an Epidemic Plague.

March 9, 1596 - Sweden attacks us in Bas St-Laurent. So I burn the Trading Post down.

I send traders to the province myself.

March 18, 1596 - I give Sweden 25 ducats to go away and leave us in peace.

April 1, 1596 - France has converted to Reform.

Old 10-11-2003, 08:27 PM   #169
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

An End to One War......

April 4, 1596 - The Ottomans, Transylvania, Mameluks, Crimea and Bengal have decalred war upon us. The Ottomans declared war, the others were in alliance with them.

One war at a time fellas.

June 16, 1596 - Our forces arrive in Catalonia and attack the Aragons here.

June 23, 1596 - We lost badly in Catalonia.

June 30, 1596 - We recapture Aragon. I march army number 2 into Catalonia.

July 12, 1596 - I choose not to charter a University at this time, despite the urging of my advisors to do so.

July 16, 1596 - Another battle for Catalonia begins.

August 21, 1596 - We lost again to the Aragonese, but the battle will soon be won. Army #1 is ordered back in.

September 29, 1596 - A large expeditionary force from the Mameluks is driven back by our calvary in Tunisia.

October 1, 1596 - The Aragon forces have been defeated. Catalonia is under siege.

The Ottomans offer us peace for Tripoli. I'll offer them peace for Al-Djazair. Hell, I'll trade them straight up.

October 3, 1596 - Aragon chose Aye, Let's Build a New Palace in El Palau de la Generalitat.

December 27, 1596 - Fernando Po is now ours as our traders succeed this time.

January 29, 1597 - We again defeat the Mameluks in Tunisia, which is quickly becoming the rallying point for our armies.

March 17, 1597 - Army #2 arrives from Iberia in Tunisia, creating a decent sized army to play with.

April 8, 1597 - Our Tunisian army now sports 4000 more calvary that were equiped and trained in Tunisia. I suspect that we have an army big enough to relieve the pressure on Tlemcen. Tlemcen has has their captial captured by the Ottomans, and another province in under assult. additionally, our own Kabylia is under seige by the Mameluks. I intend to order our men to march eastward, killing and slaughteriung foes until the sands of North Africa are awash with the blood of our enemies.

May 9, 1597 - We arrive in Kabylia to attack the 17000 Mameluks here beseiging our city.

May 27, 1597 - We defeat the Mamelukls handily. While we have been putting resources heavilty into military advancement to keep up with our Catholic neighbors, we have outdistanced the Mameluks tremendously. Our technology is vastly superior to theirs. Not the Ottomans, though, they have better land technlogoy than us because they were under the same pressures in constant wars with the Europeans.

I decide to take our army straight to Al-Djazair.

June 5, 1597 - We have captured Catalonia!!!

June 25, 1597 - I turn away from Al-Djazair at the last moment as both the fleeing Mameluks and all of the Ottoman troops have rallied there. Walking our army into the middle of 32000 angry troops is not in our war plan. I order the soldiers to turn and march to the captured Tlemcen province of Aures. We need to releive the Tlemcen of pressure.

August 1, 1597 - We establish a Trading Post in Bas St-Laurent

We are attcked by the Ottomans in Kabylia before we could leave. We have 18000 troops, including a large calvary contingent. They have 21000 troops. It will be a big battle, as the winner could emerge the winner of the war having gained a strong initial position.

I send a peace offer to Aragon for The Baleares and Lyonnais and they refuse.

August 12, 1597 - We gain an explorer in Niteroi and 3 colonists!!!!!

I order Kairwan, our Explorer, to start discovering the the sea lanes and coastal areas.

August 19, 1597 - We lost massively in Kabylia.

August 25, 1597 - Aragon offers us peace for Lyonnais and Surinam. I accept.

September 28, 1597 - Naples annexes the Papal States.

October 5, 1597 - 12000 of our men arrive in Al-Djazair. I order them to Orania, the capital of Tlemcen.

October 8, 1597 - The Ottomans are again demanding peace for Tripoli. We lost the battle with them, and we have to play clean up duty in Tlemcen with the Mameluks in order to have a chance at regaining ground. But I think that it's worth the chance, so I decline.

January 1, 1598 - I order lots more soldiers to supply our lines.

March 24, 1598 - I may be crazy, but I order my newly supplied forces in Tunisia into Kabylia to break the Ottoman seige.

April 7, 1598 - The Ottomans again make the same offer. Tripolitania for peace. Tripoli is a very valuabe province in terms of trade, but not so much economically. I leave their offer on the table and think.

May 2, 1598 - Our battle against the Ottomans in Kabylia is going poorly, Atlas, the last Tlemcen province has fallen, and two provinces are rebelling, including Tripoli itself. Reluctantly, I agree to the Ottoman's proposal. I give them Tripoli.

Old 11-08-2003, 03:29 PM   #170
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As of right now, I am forced to put this dynasty on hold. I cannot continue to run both this and the Madden one, so I am going to focus on Madden for right now. I can run Madden from home, but this has to be from my office. Since FOF and/or TPF will also need to be run from my office, I'll have one dynasty at my apartment and one at my office, and that's seems fair to me. At some point in time we'll pick up the story of Granada, I have no doubt.

I must admit, however, that EU2 was getting old for me. I went through all of the events that I scripted for a resurgent Granada, but it was quickly becoming blase. The status quo was remaining the same.

Thanks for reading, and we'll hope to see this renewed once I get tired of the football stuff, which will happen sooner or later.

-Anxiety

Old 11-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #171
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:25 AM   #172
John Galt
Pro Starter

Poor, poor Granada.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:46 AM   #173
MrBug708
Head Coach

Bring back Granada!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote