Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #51
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I often argued with the 'official' lines for these at school with the point of view that any writer will probably have an 'off day' at some point when they probably aren't 100% happy with what they've done but leave it be ... little knowing that 100 years on someone is trying to interpret stuble nuances into it, not realising that actually Shakespeare had a hangover and simply wanted to throw out a few lines before lunch

Well, a great writer would revise ad-naseaum, so we would hope Shakespeare went back a few million times and said, "What the hell was I thinking????" and erased and modified bits and pieces.

Quote:
I've sometimes wondered whether critics themselves actually shape the artist - for instance an artist does something without 'realising/thinking about it specifically' which the critic likes ....

The artist then reads the critics interpretation, thinks yeah thats cool and decides to incorporate similar things in future work.

In the case of abstract art such as the one pictured here, I believe that is possible. Of course, I have to believe that because I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote