Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
14ers
High School Varsity

Free Netflix rental at Blockbuster Feb. 15 through Feb. 21

Damn I wish I had been stocking up for this.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070215/dath007.html?.v=87
Quote:
Blockbuster Gives Netflix Renters Presidents' Day Pardon
Thursday February 15, 7:00 am ET

Post Offices Are Closed for Holiday, But BLOCKBUSTER Total Access(TM) Is Open for In-Store Movie Exchanges, Including to Netflix Subscribers

DALLAS, Feb. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Presidents' Day is just one of the 62 days in the year when online movie renters can't receive movies by mail. For the upcoming holiday weekend, Blockbuster Inc. (NYSE: BBI - News, BBI.B - News) is extending to Netflix subscribers the in-store benefits enjoyed 365 days of the year by members of BLOCKBUSTER Total Access(TM). When there's no mail or just when the mood strikes, BLOCKBUSTER Total Access gives its online subscribers the option of exchanging their DVDs at a participating BLOCKBUSTER® store for free in-store movie rentals.

From Feb. 15 through Feb. 21, including two days when post offices are closed, current Netflix members can bring the tear-off address flaps of their Netflix rental envelopes to any of the more than 5,000 participating U.S. BLOCKBUSTER stores. In exchange for every flap they present, they will receive an on-the-spot free movie rental.
Seems like Blockbuster would have put some kind of limit on this.

I guess I should now go dig through the trash and get a couple more free rentals.

14ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

what better rogan vs mencia or netflix vs blockbuster
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Sweet, I have a 4 day weekend and I think a few flaps around.

Interesting that you just bring the flap, no cd, nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I think I throw mine away as soon as I get them. And I'll be at a B&B for 4 days with no cable.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
Bee
Pro Starter

I got plenty of those envelopes lying around, but the reason I rent through Netflix is because I'm too lazy to drive to Blockbuster in the first place let alone drive there again to return the rental.

Last edited by Bee : 02-16-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I got plenty of those envelopes lying around, but the reason I rent through Netflix is because I'm too lazy to drive to Blockbuster in the first place let alone drive there again to return the rental.

Ditto, it just happens on a weekend when I have a 4 day weekend so I may run out of Tivo and Netflix stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote