Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #351
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Jon,
is that despite The Office? Was this done on a night with an Office repeat? And that sucks for Scrubs (one of my other favorite shows), but I guess it had to die sooner or later.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 04-27-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #352
Joe
Pro Starter

the office isn't all that highly rated.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #353
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Jon, is that despite The Office? Was this done on a night with an Office repeat?

Those are the overnight numbers from last night, you probably know whether that was a repeat Office better than I do. It did a 3.9 for the night btw, behind Survivor but ahead of 5th Grader & Ugly Betty
Old 04-28-2007, 07:23 AM   #354
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Those are the overnight numbers from last night, you probably know whether that was a repeat Office better than I do. It did a 3.9 for the night btw, behind Survivor but ahead of 5th Grader & Ugly Betty

It was a new Office, and probably the best episode they have had in a long time.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #355
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

You know, there was a time when my taste hit the main stream taste most of the time. It seemed like if I liked a show, it would end up being a popular show, even if they had a rough start rating wise. Cheers and Seinfield both come to immediate mind on that list. It seems now though that if I watch a show and think "that is some stupid crap" (Two and a Half Men as an example), then it rockets to the top. And if I really like a show (Studio 60, 30 Rock, Arrested Development to just name a few), then they tank. It is getting a little annoying. It is almost like I wish there was a "quality" tv channel. Maybe a cable channel so hitting huge ratings wouldn't be as important, but would still have the budget to produce these shows at the level they need. FX has pretty good production quality on some good shows, and so does TNT. They just need to step up to plate and save some quality network shows that are being overwhelmed in the "lowest common denominator" world of broadcast television.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 04-28-2007 at 09:24 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #356
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

From TV Squad

Quote:
If anyone has any glimmer of hope that Studio 60 was coming back, this piece of news should squelch out that glimmer and leave a tiny piece of coal in its place:

According to Rob Owen of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the show's sets are being dismantled on the Warner Brothers soundstage where it was being shot. So, even though NBC hasn't officially cancelled the show yet, it's a pretty sure bet that the show will be on the "Out" list when the Peacock makes their upfront presentation on May 14. It makes sense; why would WB take down the sets the week before the upfront if it had any hope that the show was coming back?

Anyway, as Bob mentioned, NBC will air the remainder of S60's only season starting on May 24. Here's hoping that Aaron Sorkin's next series does better. Maybe he should go back to the government for material; anyone ready for a show called Department of Energy?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:12 AM   #357
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

A good episode with no Matt, Danny, and Jordan.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:43 AM   #358
Celeval
Pro Starter

Good episode, although much of that is because Allison Janney rocks.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:49 AM   #359
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
A good episode with no Matt, Danny, and Jordan.

Yeah, I didn't quite get that.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #360
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Anyone know how many episodes are remaining?
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #361
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Wow, this latest episode was a bunch of suckeroo. Another waste of a guest star. They had Jenna Fischer, and all she got to do was introduce the band and and say all the thank you's at the end of the show. We saw at least three sketches without her.

It's an especially annoying missed opportunity because Lucy Davis is on the show. That could have made for a very funny meta moment, but Sorkin was busier with an afterschool special about drugs and trying to write another West Wing episode about the war in Afghanistan.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #362
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

So I wonder if the ratings have changed at all with the last two new episodes
Old 06-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #363
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Are these on NBC.com? My TiVo didn't record last night's.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #364
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Are these on NBC.com? My TiVo didn't record last night's.

Yes, the last episode is up on NBC.com now
Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #365
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
So I wonder if the ratings have changed at all with the last two new episodes

Well, yeah, the ratings changed ... but not in a good way. This is for last night:
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...ate_Master.asp
Quote:
CBS took the lead at 10 p.m. with a 2.4 for a repeat of “Shark,” with ABC second with a 1.9 for a “Grey’s Anatomy” repeat, NBC third with a 1.7 for an original “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” and Univision fourth with a 1.6 for “Aqui y Ahora.”
Old 06-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #366
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Sad that repeats are doing better than Studio 60.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #367
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Yeah, I didn't quite get that.

It was supposedly because it was the last episode they shot, the 22nd one and Whitford, Perry, and Peet only had to shoot 21 episodes for their contracts. So they shot it and threw it into the middle of the mix.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #368
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The first 3 parts of the 4 parter to end the season (well, technically it's a 3 parter and then a single episode but really, it's been a 4 parter) have been pretty good. It's not quite "last 4 episodes of sports night that almost make up for a lackluster season 2" good but they'd have been a good springboard into next year. Except that it doesn't look like there would be many plots to continue on with.

A couple of things come to mind:
1) Should have just let Sorkin write his biting, elitist "liberal" brand of stuff from the beginning. None of this trying to stradle the fence and failing miserably. He's a lot funnier and a lot more entertaining when not on a leash. Those who weren't going to watch him were already predisposed not to watch him. Hell, that's most of the point of the Jack plot in K+R and he's 100% right.
2) I think Bradley Whitford might have been a bad idea. Not because of him but because it's allowed Sorkin to use some crutches here and there with dialog that make it seem warmed over. Basically, by keeping bridges to the old series like him and Busfield, it seems to keep him in the "old show" frame of mind. I watched all 3 parts of K+R tonight and there were exact verbatim lines from both Sports Night and West Wing. And they seemed warmed over, not homages.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-24-2007 at 11:01 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #369
Easy Mac

Finishing up the series. Thought I'd say I really want Nate Corddry to get his own show/movie, or be another sizeable part of a good ensemble.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote