Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2003, 06:13 PM   #1
CAsterling
High School JV

Ping: Marc V - couple of minor CM4 errors

Marc,

I know you're busy with EP4, but just wanted to let you know about a couple of minor errors I have just seen that aren't on the EP4 list (unless I overlooked them).

End of season 2 - just noticed my club now has a 15 million pound loan they are paying back. It wasnt there at the beginning of season 2 and nowhere in the income for the season is any indication of 15 million being added to the finances.
Whilst I have no say in what the board spent it on (new houses for their mistresses/team plane etc.), It should be recorded in the finances somewhere as club income !

Also Kevin Keegan (Newcastle manager) won the 2004 Premier Manager of the Year, which I thought was impressive, considering he spent the whole year as manager of Man City in division 1 where he won the division and only joined Newcastle at almost the end of the seaon (joined 23.4.04, award made 18.5.04).

Cheers
CA

CAsterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
Critch
lolzcat

If we're posting a few little annoying errors, here goes

The scheduling in the Scottish Premier is wrong after the break. Playing as Rangers I had played away to Celtic twice, but then had to play them at Parkhead again after the break. That shouldn't happen, for teams that are expected to finish in the top 6 pre-season, the schedule should always be balanced. It's quite complicated I guess, but as Rangers and Celtic are the only two teams who challenge (pretty much), home games are quite important. Plus it was wrong in CM3 too, so it's about time it got fixed
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:34 PM   #3
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I have a question. How do you go into needing a loan and what does it mean if a team is in receivership? Hereford went into receivership in my current dynasty, curious as to what it means.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:40 PM   #4
CAsterling
High School JV

Another minor 1.
(These errors are so minor, they don't really affect anything, but they would be nice to have corrected when you get chance).

England playing in the European Chamionship (Computer Managed) have chosen my Goalkeeper Paul Robinson as their captain for all their games.
It seems to be working as they keep winning, but this guy has the influence of a dead flea (or influence 4 to be precise) - there are far better potential captains on the field, but it just seems to default to the keeper each time.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:46 PM   #5
CAsterling
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by illinifan999
I have a question. How do you go into needing a loan and what does it mean if a team is in receivership? Hereford went into receivership in my current dynasty, curious as to what it means.

Receivership is otherwise known as administration - basically the club is bankrupt or in serious financial difficulty, so they appoint an administrator to run the club under strict rules and hence are allowed to keep operating. Eventually if they sort out the finances they come out of administration/receivership and operate normally. However if the finances cannot be resolved then the club goes bankrupt and folds (although I don't think CM4 actually allows a club to fold, it just remains in receivership).

It has happened in real life to many clubs and Swindon Town whom I support went through it successfully recently - I believe Wimbledon have just had this happen to them.

As far as CM4 goes, whilst in this state, the club will accept all reasonable offers for its players, hence you can get their best players cheap, and they can't sign any new players.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:33 PM   #6
PSUColonel
Banned

Here's another I know of. I'm playing in the USA second division- each time another club signs away one of my scouts, the scout actually never leaves the club. Ubder his profile it says he has, but I can stil use him to do scouting for me. THis must be a bug.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 08:08 PM   #7
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Here's a couple things I've noticed that either appear to be bugs, or are things that would be nice to have:

English League Footballer of the Year awards never awarded.

When arranging a friendly league/cup, if not all teams invited choose to participate, there is no way to add another team to invite, so the tournament never happens, but you cannot remove it from the fixture list; it just disappears when the first day of the tournament arrives.

There seem to be way too many missed penalties IMO.

News messages reporting on club players playing in international matches are not generated like they were in CM3. They would be useful to have.

Also, I have a number of graphical glitches, such as Manager of the Month award winners disappearing after the new year, and goalscorers and injured players disapperaing off of the match screen during a match. Are these due to the game or an incompatibility with the skin I am using?
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:03 AM   #8
PSUColonel
Banned

bump
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:35 AM   #9
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I've printed this thread and will check through the items raised at some point in the next couple of days ...

Thanks for the feedback
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #10
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by PSUColonel
Here's another I know of. I'm playing in the USA second division- each time another club signs away one of my scouts, the scout actually never leaves the club. Ubder his profile it says he has, but I can stil use him to do scouting for me. THis must be a bug.
I've got something similar. Playing Stirling at the lowest level of the Scottish league, I released a scout on a free, and yet he is still available to scout for me.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #11
Stunt Monkey
Magic Monkey

While I have your ear Marc, I posted this at Sigames, but I am not sure it got heard in with all the noise over there.

Quote:
While playing 2 player hotseat mode, every player after the first needs to reset his commentary and 2d pitch options every game.

This is hardly a game killer, but I noticed it was not on the list of fixes for EP 4, and it would be nice if SI could squeeze it in.
Stunt Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:24 AM   #12
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Stunt Monkey - I'm pretty sure this has been rectified for EP#4 already, I'll try and remember to check at some point today.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:30 AM   #13
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Re: Ping: Marc V - couple of minor CM4 errors

Quote:
Originally posted by CAsterling
Also Kevin Keegan (Newcastle manager) won the 2004 Premier Manager of the Year, which I thought was impressive, considering he spent the whole year as manager of Man City in division 1 where he won the division and only joined Newcastle at almost the end of the seaon (joined 23.4.04, award made 18.5.04).

I'll look into this, and its nothing to do with the fact that my son Keegan is named after him

(incidentally before anyone asks Keegan was my wifes choice as (1) she had heartburn while pregnant and Keegan means 'little fiery one', (2) She's a Man City fan and was looking for an excuse anyway )
Old 06-11-2003, 03:00 AM   #14
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Re: Re: Ping: Marc V - couple of minor CM4 errors

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Vaughan
I'll look into this, and its nothing to do with the fact that my son Keegan is named after him

(incidentally before anyone asks Keegan was my wifes choice as (1) she had heartburn while pregnant and Keegan means 'little fiery one', (2) She's a Man City fan and was looking for an excuse anyway )

Good thing too, cause Zamora Vaughan just doesn't sound right.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 03:01 AM   #15
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Re: Re: Re: Ping: Marc V - couple of minor CM4 errors

Quote:
Originally posted by klayman
Good thing too, cause Zamora Vaughan just doesn't sound right.

Thats exactly what my wife said