Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #401
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty View Post
Unless one of those friends live in Scranton, that's a long ass drive.

Of course it is just television.

Not too bad, only 120 miles (less than 2 hours):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...51196&z=9&om=1
Old 05-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #402
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd love to know what the other ending was.

DVD, baby!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #403
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Not too bad, only 120 miles (less than 2 hours):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...51196&z=9&om=1

I'm guessing you've never driven from NYC through Northern NJ before. 60mph average would be very optimistic. It could take you 2 hours to get through the tunnel depending on time of day.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #404
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm guessing you've never driven from NYC through Northern NJ before. 60mph average would be very optimistic. It could take you 2 hours to get through the tunnel depending on time of day.

I have... they are leaving at what, 11, noon, 1 in the afternoon? Depending on where they are, taking the GWB may be the better bet and then you can go 80 all the way through.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #405
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I have... they are leaving at what, 11, noon, 1 in the afternoon? Depending on where they are, taking the GWB may be the better bet and then you can go 80 all the way through.

Touche. If its' a Friday though all bets are off.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #406
RedKingGold
College Starter

I'm actually from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area and can tell you that it takes 2 hours and 15 minutes to make it from NY to NEPA (Northeastern Pennsylvania).

That's one of the reasons why Scranton became as populated as it is, b/c it is less than two hours and a 1/2 away from both Philadelphia and New York.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #407
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'd love to know what the other ending was.

I read that both endings had the same end result, but were shot differently. Whatever that means.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #408
Joe
Pro Starter

Creed's blog from the NBC.com site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed
Creed Thoughts
Hey-o, everyone out there in SyberWorld. It’s old Creed Bratton coming at your again, here from my perch as a Quality Assurance Manager at Dunder Mifflin paper. Just a few observations on the world around me.

What do you guys think is the best kind of car? To me, you can’t beat motorcycles. They’re small, and dangerous.

I got into a car accident yesterday and I just took off. It didn’t look too bad. The guy was making a big deal out of it, but come on – dogs don’t live forever.

Sometimes when I’m sick, or feeling blue, I drink vinegar. I like all kinds: balsamic, vodka, orange juice, leaves.

Working in an office is fine, but I’d rather be a millionaire. [Elaborate on this. It’s interesting. Maybe Trademark it, too.]

Today in my office where I work as Director of Quality Assurance, we went to the beach for some reason that was never adequately explained. When we were there, our manager told us to eat hot coals. I thought that was a little bit untoward so I ate a fish. Then a woman I have literally never seen before in my entire life started talking very loudly about something involving Halpert. She was agitated, I’d say. From what I could guess, she was definitely on drugs of some kind, perhaps cocaine, or maybe ‘drines. Also, she is a knock-out. She reminds me of a young Daphne Du Maurier. Also, I stupidly ate the fishbones. I told myself “never again” after the last time, but then you turn around, and bam, they’re in my mouth. I also ate 55 hot dogs in 15 minutes, which is a world record.

Everybody remembers: “April showers bring May flowers.” But no one remembers how the rest of that goes. Which I find so frustrating.

Prediction: the Orioles will win the World Series over the Pirates in seven games.

Prediction: the space program will be renamed the Outer Space Program by 2060.

Prediction: someday we will be able to travel faster than sound. We will “break the sound barrier.”

Prediction: [note – need more predictions.]

Reminder: Michael’s safe combo: 26-32-20.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #409
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I loved when Ryan explained how he set up Creed's blog (a Microsoft word document with a fake link at the top of the page).
Old 05-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #410
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed's blog
Then a woman I have literally never seen before in my entire life started talking very loudly about something involving Halpert.

LOL!
Old 05-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #411
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Wow. That was fucking brilliant.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #412
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
Best. Twist. Ending. Ever.

Just watched it, and I agree. Looking forward to season 4 and how that plays out.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #413
larrymcg421
Head Coach

This is what BJ Novak wrote in the Office live blog after the finale aired...

Quote:
HI Anissa, it's B.J. First, be sure to send your phone number to me c/o nbc.com... just kidding... seriously, I think there will be some very funny plots next year involving Michael and Ryan... Their relationship could take on some characteristics of Michael and Jan... I'm sure that's Ryan's fear anyway. Thanks for the question. The short answer is I'm looking forward to that twist from both sides of camera.

Sure they could be spreading misinformation to hide the twist, but I doubt it.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #414
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Swing low sweet chariots...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #415
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Not too mention the whole "coffee" thing when Michael got back to the office (i.e., temp unwilling to get Michael a cup of coffee). That was also a sign of foreshadowing later on in the show.

My thoughts exactly. That exchange almost stopped the flow of the show for me because I wondered why they brought up that old sore of Ryan's.

I'm betting next season will be no more than five minutes old when Ryan tells Michael to fetch him a cup of coffee in front of all the Scranton office people.

Talking with my wife (who also got excited when Jim asked Pam out), we came to the conclusion that Pam (Jenna Fischer) is so popular with both men and women because she is 'attainable hot' to men, and an office friend type to women.

By that I mean most men would rate her highly on the desirable scale, and yet be comfortable around Pam and think they had a realistic shot at dating her, while women don't see her as a predator or a threat to them. The office women confiding in Pam and commiserating with her about Roy is very sympathetic for female viewers. My wife always remarks on how Pam is appropriately dressed for work compared to the women on Boston Legal or Numb3rs. Certainly there is nothing overtly sexy about Pam's character, yet male viewers 'lust' after her. There is no other female character like her on TV today.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #416
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
My thoughts exactly. That exchange almost stopped the flow of the show for me because I wondered why they brought up that old sore of Ryan's.

I'm betting next season will be no more than five minutes old when Ryan tells Michael to fetch him a cup of coffee in front of all the Scranton office people.

Talking with my wife (who also got excited when Jim asked Pam out), we came to the conclusion that Pam (Jenna Fischer) is so popular with both men and women because she is 'attainable hot' to men, and an office friend type to women.

By that I mean most men would rate her highly on the desirable scale, and yet be comfortable around Pam and think they had a realistic shot at dating her, while women don't see her as a predator or a threat to them. The office women confiding in Pam and commiserating with her about Roy is very sympathetic for female viewers. My wife always remarks on how Pam is appropriately dressed for work compared to the women on Boston Legal or Numb3rs. Certainly there is nothing overtly sexy about Pam's character, yet male viewers 'lust' after her. There is no other female character like her on TV today.

I think that's a very big part of what the Office tries to do - if you look at the British version, Lucy Davis is even more "normal" looking than Jenna Fischer (who is out and out pretty, IMO). When they talk about a "great personality", they mean it. And yeah, I think its one of the many reasons The Office rocks so much. I tried explaining to my cousins that unlike "Grey's Anatomy", not everyone in the office sleeps with everyone else (or if they do, I was left out of that equation).
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #417
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I agree with the comments about Pam. You guys should listen to the commentary tracks. On the season 1 commentary, Jenna Fischer talks about the audition process. She mentions that the casting director actually told her to dress down (the complete opposite of what she was told for every other role). During her audition, they were doing an improvised talking head scene, and someone asked her "Do you enjoy being a secretary?" And instead of trying to be wacky, Jenna simply said "No" and that was it.

There's also a funny story that John Krasinski tells where his audition scene was about to come up but they took a lunch break. So he was eating his lunch and this guy sits down across from him and asks what he thinks of the show. John sais something like he hopes they don't screw it up because UK adaptations are usually garbage. He then found it he was sitting across from Greg Daniels.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #418
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I guess a new thread should be started, but I just wanted to say that tonight's season premiere is brilliant so far. At least a half dozen great quotable lines already.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #419
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The first ten minutes had me rolling. The rest of the show was great as well... though the first half hour was amazingly good.

Michael Scott is the best character ever. And I knew Dwight did what he did, but I couldn't believe they'd (the show's writers) would make him do that!