Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2003, 09:48 PM   #1
bryce
High School Varsity

OT: Fantasy Football scattershooting

Several topics of interest (at least to me) to be had here:

1) I'm looking to join a dynasty league, free or money league, it doesn't matter. I'd prefer to join one just now starting up in its initial year, but an existing league will do just fine as well, and I'm not picky about the situation of the franchise I'd be inheriting. I'd also prefer a league that utilizes contract year caps and salary/free agent dollar caps because I think it provides more strategy and detail, but again this is not set in stone as far as I am concerned.

As for my experience, I have 7 years under my belt in redraft and keeper leagues. I prefer the keeper leagues to the redraft, but ultimately I want to get into dynasty leagues for the duration. In my main league (the one I've been in for 7 years, the keeper league), I have a combined regular season record of 60-30-1, including a perfect 13-0 last year, and no season ever below the .500 mark (my worst season being my first, at 6-6-1.)

Obviously, I can't promise similar success, but I can promise active ownership and tough competition. If you have an opening in a dynasty league, please slap me a PM.

2) I am starting up a brand new, competitive 12 team, 4 player keeper league this season. It is a money league ($100 entrance fee), and all monies will be distributed as prize money, with every team except the last place Toilet Bowl team GUARANTEED to win at least some money. $375 to the Championship Game Winner; $175 to runner-up. When it's all said and done, $1000 of the $1200 in prize money is allocated to Playoff and Toilet Bowl teams, and the other $200 is set aside for regular season bonus payouts and yearly bonus payouts (ie, weekly high scores, regular season total points leader, etc.)

Other nuts and bolts:
3 divisions of 4 teams each
13 week regular season
playoffs = weeks 14-16
16 man rosters; keep up to 4 from year to year
start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 pk, 1 df, 1 flex (rb, wr, or te)
traditional performance/TD scoring method
Top 6 teams make playoffs; Bottom 6 in Toilet Bowl
Unlimited, free transactions
Web host is still to be determined, but probably thecommish.tv

If you are interested in joining or want more information, again please slap me a PM.

3) I'm leaning towards using thecommish.tv this year, but it still doesn't sit quite right with me, and ultimately, I want to just do it myself with FFLM and have our own league webpage, but I need to learn web page shit first, obviously. Which brings me to this point 3 - I recognize kazaa has microsoft frontpage 98 and 2000 available for download, but no manual, and I can't find the manual on the internet, oddly enough - anyone know of a place where it can be found?

And speaking of freebie downloads, anyone have FFLM '03 or know of where to get it yet, as kazaa is bringing up a whole bunch of nothin'.

Thanks for the attention, especially if you actually read all of this.

bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:07 AM   #2
Alf
Pro Starter

If you charge for your $pay$ league, you should buy the software and spread the cost over the owners.