Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #2051
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alright, I'm here. I don't feel confident voting for neon and it doesn't look like thatll matter anyways, plus.. I don't have a night action so I don't even really need to vote. I can't decide between path and mr w (assuming neon isn't sylar). Mr w has a strong case what with sylar not being given a name and snd confirming he was hiro. path, I have to imagine sylar was given some sort of ability to avoid an early death, because it doesn't look like sylar is impervious to scanning. I know what you did with GRF, but why does DT attacking you and failing clear you? If anything, that's exactly what would happen if the company attacked sylar.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #2052
The Jackal
Coordinator

Since not voting would be silly, even without a night actionb and a clear run on neon -

vote path
Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #2053
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jackal, are you familiar with the show? Sylar was a pretty ordinary dude until he killed his first person and picked up telekinesis. He gets the powers from those he kills, so we can expect him to have a bodyguard ability (from Narcizo), duke (from Mauboy), and some kind of spy/avoid night kill (Thomkal). He may have gained similar spy/avoid night kill powers from Olie on Night 2.

The attack on Path happened before Sylar took any of these abilities and none of the abilities include avoiding a night kill. Sylar can't be night-killed by the Company, which would explain DT not being able to kill him, but it wouldn't explain living through a night attack by Grey (confirmed hero, per RendeR).

Now if Sylar acquires abilities through some other mechanism and somehow lifted my powers (which is exactly how Path has described his ability) then all bets are off. But that doesn't make sense within the framework of the TV show or what we understand in this game.

I'm not telling you who to vote for here, but I do want to further explain why I don't think Sylar starts with an "avoid death by hero" ability.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #2054
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I know what you did with GRF, but why does DT attacking you and failing clear you? If anything, that's exactly what would happen if the company attacked sylar.

It doesn't necessarily clear me, but it serves to show that when I came out about the attack on me that I was telling the truth, and so my power has been demonstrated twice.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #2055
path12
Coordinator

I'll stick on the vote on Mr. W, even though it's a good point about his name being out there and from what I gather in thread and on wiki Hiro is a pretty prominent character.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #2056
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm not very familiar with the show, but I did misword my statement up there. Bascially all I was trying to say was that DT's attack on path didn't clear him from being sylar since company can't kill sylar, and I wasn't clear why path was using that as an argument.

Do we think DT would have said something if he knew who sylar was?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #2057
Thomkal
Head Coach

the suspense is killing me! well if I wasn't already dead that is
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #2058
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Do we think DT would have said something if he knew who sylar was?

I doubt it. If the company can't win I still don't think they'd throw it to the heroes. Hopefully I'm being scanned tonight.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #2059
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Deadline.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #2060
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Votes as they were cast...

Neon Chaos (4): hoopsguy (2018), Mr. Wednesday (2023), Chief Rum (2024), Schmidty (2028)

Path12 (2): Neon Chaos (2027), Jackal (2052)

Mr. Wednesday (2): Path12 (1990), RendeR (1995)

Schmidty (1): claphamsa (1963)

Not voting (1): GRF
Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #2061
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

The final group of 9 gathers on the eighth day, shocked by the unfortunate news of Mauboy's death.

The opinions are somewhat spread but it is decided that Neon Chaos is not a true Hero. With the focus placed on him, he announces, "I am not the one we are looking for, I am not to be the kill today" He pulls out a blade of glass and stabs it directly through the back of Schmidty's head.

Schmidty falls to a clump on the ground.

Schmidty has died. He was Peter Petrelli, a Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by his PM
Peter Petrelli

Power: You have of empathic mimicry, meaning, when you see a power used, you can learn it. Each night, I will take all of the powers successfully used and randomly PM one for you to learn. Starting off, you know nothing, but by the end, you could be very powerful.

Night actions and results to follow shortly!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #2062
The Jackal
Coordinator

Uh. Neon has never mentioned that ability, and that looks to be what Sylar just got from Mau.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #2063
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yep

vote neon!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #2064
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh damn. schmidty just got pOwned
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #2065
path12
Coordinator

Well, that's not good.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #2066
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

After another shocking turn of events, you barely manage any sleep. In a haze you watch the news again. It seems the killer has again managed to strike.

You hear of an Asian man who died in his apartment, again, with the top of his head cut off. You recognize him to be Mr. Wednesday

Mr. Wednesday has died, he was Hiro Nakamura, a Hero!

Quote:
Hiro Nakamura

Power: You have the ability to shift time, time-travel, so-to-speak. As such, you have a one-use power. Once in the game, you can alter time and end the Day/Night early.

Independently, you are searching for your friend Ando Masahashi. PM me a name each night, if that is Ando, you two will be able to PM for the remainder of the game.

Day/Night Nine has begun, votes and night actions are due at 1 PM EST on Friday, 3/14.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #2067
path12
Coordinator

VOTE NEON CHAOS
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #2068
Thomkal
Head Coach

sigh
Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #2069
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE NEON CHAOS
Old 03-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #2070
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR, it looks like you might get to live through a game for the first time.

If this is an option, then

VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 03-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #2071
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon, you missed a chance for heightened humor by not killing RendeR a few posts after he said he has never lived through a game. I'm a little disappointed.

Lyle Bennet - YouTube - bleh

Want to talk about how you got your PM ability? I'm assuming you started with it?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering with this right now as you won't be on for another 12 hours or so ...
Old 03-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #2072
RendeR
Coordinator

Path12 is a hero

Vote NEON CHAOS
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #2073
The Jackal
Coordinator

Vote Neon Chaos

I had a feeling Sylar picked me to PM with.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #2074
hoopsguy
General Manager

With four votes in on Neon, there is no value to his using the time stop (accelerate deadline) power. So that is good.

Any reason you guys are holding off on voting Nightfall? Not sure that Heinz will honor it, but if he does we could wrap this up a little earlier ...
Old 03-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #2075
Schmidty
Coordinator

Damn. I wanted to be alive when we won.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #2076
path12
Coordinator

VOTE NIGHTFALL

Thanks for the scan, RendeR.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #2077
RendeR
Coordinator

VOTE NIGHTFALL
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #2078
The Jackal
Coordinator

Vote Nightfall
Old 03-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #2079
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote neon
vote nightfall
vote heros win

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #2080
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, 5 outta 8 nightfall votes...

The justice is swift on Day Nine, people apparently have an early tee time. The group again focuses on Neon Chaos. This time, however, he's unable to redirect anything. He attempts to fly away, but that only slightly lessens the effect. The resulting outcome of the force is the top of his head completely coming off. That meaks it clear...

Neon Chaos is dead, he was Sylar!

Quote:
Sylar

Your goal is to live to where you are one of just 4 people alive. You cannot be night killed by the Company (but can by other people’s powers). This is irrelevant of the number of wolves left (meaning if it’s 4+ Heroes and you, the game is still played)>>

Power: At the start of each day you can PM me 3 names. If any of those people die, you will have a chance of learning their power. Some powers may be of little use to you, some could be very powerful, if nothing else but for trickery purposes. The list of 3 names must be sent to me by 4 PM EST each day (but as I said, can be sent well before then if you may not be around).>>

Comments from me and the cleanup to come in a short bit. I'd love any and all feedback!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #2081
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

neon is teh pwnnned!!111

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #2082
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I would like a rundown of the night kills..... and such!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #2083
Schmidty
Coordinator

Man, I'm glad we won, but taking one for the team at the very end sucks.

Good game, jeheinz72!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #2084
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I wouldn't kill Render. I'm not that evil, you know.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #2085
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

It was a good game. I would have probably won if the Wolves did a better job of, you know, actually hiding themselves.

I am open to any and all questions about what I did, how my motives are, and all.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #2086
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I would like a rundown of the night kills..... and such!

Sylar didn't earn the power to do his own kills until Night 4. It started at every other night, until the Company was gone, then it was every night, in addition to him then getting a 1-time day kill (mau) due to outlasting the Company if there were 10+ people in the game.

The first time there was no kill was the attack on path, who like hoops, couldn't be killed the first attempt no matter what. The 2nd time was the night without any company members but before Sylar killing each night.

Last edited by jeheinz72 : 03-13-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #2087
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Neon, you missed a chance for heightened humor by not killing RendeR a few posts after he said he has never lived through a game. I'm a little disappointed.

Lyle Bennet - YouTube - bleh

Want to talk about how you got your PM ability? I'm assuming you started with it?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering with this right now as you won't be on for another 12 hours or so ...

About RendeR, like I said, I'm not that evil.

I got my PM ability from nfg's death. I have a chance to submit 3 names each night, and if one of them died, I would get a random chance of obtaining their abilities. nfg was on my list the time he was lynched.

BTW, I'm only on for about 30 more minutes. Just came back from an excellent mid-week birthday bash. It's 4 AM and I'm pretty drunk. Still cohesive though. Heh.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #2088
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
It was a good game. I would have probably won if the Wolves did a better job of, you know, actually hiding themselves.

I am open to any and all questions about what I did, how my motives are, and all.

Yeah, I mean the wolves didn't do a bad job overall per se' but they definitely took one on the chin when AE's lynching led straight into Cronin and then NFG was already somewhat exposed so they tried to cash that chip in for trust but the hole was poked in Lathum's story. Big time domino effect.

MVP was definitely Alan in this game, though one could say that really the power that turned it all was Jackal's.

Overall, though I think the game result in this instance looks like a landslide, I think it was pretty balanced. For one, I had people from each of the 3 sides at one point or another complain that it was too unbalanced for them to win, so in some respect the balance was there. I think it was the kind of game that if it was run 10 times it could take a different route each time. Just happened that in this one, the village was on an awesome role and did a good job of communicating and making the right vote.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #2089
Thomkal
Head Coach

yay heroes! Especially Alan with his psychic hotline. Thanks Jeheinz for running the game, good job!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #2090
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the game Jeheinz. I apologize for bringing drama in earlier in the game. I sent nfg an apology earlier as well. Long story short, I hurt my knee working out last week and was in extreme pain for a few days, where I wasn't able to sleep or anything. Doctor last friday told me I had "runner's knee" and possibly would eventually need surgery, but for now ibuprofin and ice it down. After 3-4 days of that, the pain has gone away but I can't do the treadmill or jogging/running much anymore. He says I need to stick to eliptical or biking.. So that night I had a short fuse, wasn't feeling good and was just miserable and let it show. I'm not a big fan of name calling, but everyone has seen me take far worse in the past with blowups between Blade and I or whomever.

As for the game, jeheinz knows some of my thoughts regarding balance and such.. I think the game was fun and I enjoyed playing it. I think we (the heroes) just got extremely lucky the first 3 or so days so its hard to say what was imbalanced if anything. Its really tough as a GM to plan for the villagers just outright getting lucky like we did.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #2091
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think you did a pretty good job under the circumstances Neon. Your position was really weakened by the Company collapsing so early, as that meant everybody was willing to reveal their names, leaving you exposed. If the Company had stayed strong the first three or four days there would be far less revealing going on and you would have been in a much stronger position.

Knowing who you were I thought you gained powers from people who were lynched - however the way you were asking to be scanned I presume you inherited Ardent's power, is that right?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #2092
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Thanks for the game Jeheinz. I apologize for bringing drama in earlier in the game. I sent nfg an apology earlier as well. Long story short, I hurt my knee working out last week and was in extreme pain for a few days, where I wasn't able to sleep or anything. Doctor last friday told me I had "runner's knee" and possibly would eventually need surgery, but for now ibuprofin and ice it down. After 3-4 days of that, the pain has gone away but I can't do the treadmill or jogging/running much anymore. He says I need to stick to eliptical or biking.. So that night I had a short fuse, wasn't feeling good and was just miserable and let it show. I'm not a big fan of name calling, but everyone has seen me take far worse in the past with blowups between Blade and I or whomever.

As for the game, jeheinz knows some of my thoughts regarding balance and such.. I think the game was fun and I enjoyed playing it. I think we (the heroes) just got extremely lucky the first 3 or so days so its hard to say what was imbalanced if anything. Its really tough as a GM to plan for the villagers just outright getting lucky like we did.

No worries Alan, just a blip, not a big deal really. Hope the knee is ok.

Yeah, in addition to catching a bit of luck with those two first votes, it wasn't just that, but WHICH ones you caught. AE was the cunning wolf so of course he would've been harder to nail at night, and Cronin could dampen powers used on a wolf, so he could've negated the following on Lathum, or any RendeR scan or any of that. I'd say even if it was AE and let's say NFG that you caught early it could've impacted the game.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #2093
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
After another shocking turn of events, you barely manage any sleep. In a haze you watch the news again. It seems the killer has again managed to strike.

You hear of an Asian man who died in his apartment, again, with the top of his head cut off. You recognize him to be Mr. Wednesday

Mr. Wednesday has died, he was Hiro Nakamura, a Hero!

BOOOOO!

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #2094
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I think you did a pretty good job under the circumstances Neon. Your position was really weakened by the Company collapsing so early, as that meant everybody was willing to reveal their names, leaving you exposed. If the Company had stayed strong the first three or four days there would be far less revealing going on and you would have been in a much stronger position.

Knowing who you were I thought you gained powers from people who were lynched - however the way you were asking to be scanned I presume you inherited Ardent's power, is that right?

I actually laughed when I saw neon duke the lynching over. I was just trying to figure out any way possible for him to survive and couldn't think of anything. The only thing I could think of was if he knew Mr.W's end the deadline early ability ahead of time he could have put a conditional order in to vote someone and end the next day 1 minute after the previous deadline for a few free kills..

But even then I don't think he would have gotten far enough.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #2095
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
If I based all my votes on hunches right now, I'd be voting for you (Neon) for so doggedly pursuing me. Because if I am voted out, you are going to look very bad.

Ah if only had followed through with this! I was suspicious of Neon ever since we were up on the block together with Jackal. I kind of thought he was a bit more frantic than me in trying to get off the block, then the next day when he went after me time and again even after I kept pointing out that as a wolf I wouldn't have brought Ardent into the tiebreaker with 5 mins left to the deadline. And yes I really was trying to get me my vote in for Ardent when the slow internet connection got me.

But I was really kicking myself after I died and found out Neon was Sylar because I felt like I had found something about him when he hastily changed his reveal when I told him I'd put him to the test and use my then unrevaled power. He changed how his power worked when I did that. I should have pursued it then, but we had so many uncleared people to get to, I let it slide. Should have brought it up in the end game there before I died, sorry about that heroes. I should have more strongly urged us to vote Daddy Torgo instead of Mauboy that day too because I was almost 100% certain he was bad. But good job Neon in nearly getting away with the win.

Oh and sorry Clap for never believing you.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #2096
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Yeah, it's pretty tough to tell how balanced the game was given the circumstances. It could have been very different if Ardent hadn't been lynched on the second day, and all that was required for that was for Ardent to be around before deadline. I think the game seemed pretty well balanced but having such very powerful roles does tend to make results a bit more random.

I still haven't really pinned down what it is about St Cronin's play that made me think he's a wolf, but it reminded me of the way he played in both other games where I've been a villager and both times he was a wolf. Maybe that's how he always plays. Stuff like asking leading questions in defence of someone is probably a prime indicator.

This game also reminded me that I love to invent complicated reasons for everything (luckily mostly while I was dead in this case). For example I was sure that Path was bad and had faked the attack to hide the fact that Lathum had been converted on day three. The truth was much simpler but, in a way, I prefer my Machiavelian take on things. On that note I wonder if the wolves could convert me by attacking me - I was thinking of the whole Nikki/Jessica thing. At one stage I'd convinced myself that they would. Because it's more complicated that way.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #2097
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I actually laughed when I saw neon duke the lynching over. I was just trying to figure out any way possible for him to survive and couldn't think of anything. The only thing I could think of was if he knew Mr.W's end the deadline early ability ahead of time he could have put a conditional order in to vote someone and end the next day 1 minute after the previous deadline for a few free kills..

But even then I don't think he would have gotten far enough.

I think there were too many people left. He could run off three that way, but there were still 10 of us remaining. It would have been a slick endgame if the total had gone down to seven, though.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #2098
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Yeah, it's pretty tough to tell how balanced the game was given the circumstances. It could have been very different if Ardent hadn't been lynched on the second day, and all that was required for that was for Ardent to be around before deadline. I think the game seemed pretty well balanced but having such very powerful roles does tend to make results a bit more random.

I still haven't really pinned down what it is about St Cronin's play that made me think he's a wolf, but it reminded me of the way he played in both other games where I've been a villager and both times he was a wolf. Maybe that's how he always plays. Stuff like asking leading questions in defence of someone is probably a prime indicator.

This game also reminded me that I love to invent complicated reasons for everything (luckily mostly while I was dead in this case). For example I was sure that Path was bad and had faked the attack to hide the fact that Lathum had been converted on day three. The truth was much simpler but, in a way, I prefer my Machiavelian take on things. On that note I wonder if the wolves could convert me by attacking me - I was thinking of the whole Nikki/Jessica thing. At one stage I'd convinced myself that they would. Because it's more complicated that way.

Yeah.. out of everyone I play WW with, I tend to end up being convinced St.Cronin is a wolf far more often than anyone else for some reason. I've had some really bad games where I was just as confident as I was this game that he was bad, only to end up finding out he was good. I just got lucky this time I guess.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #2099
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Ah if only had followed through with this! I was suspicious of Neon ever since we were up on the block together with Jackal.

I think getting the vicious wolf was probably a better result then getting Sylar at the time.

I was finding it very frustrating when Neon was recounting stuff that I was supposed to have told him over PM I must say. I was thinking "Why would I tell him that when I'm not even sure if he's good or not". I actually cheered when Hoops and Mr W (two people I was suspicious of) finally put it together and voted for Neon.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #2100
Thomkal
Head Coach

I still thought it was looking pretty good for us heroes after I died, numbers were on our side, and our seer was still alive, but I thought it might have gone all down the tube after mauboy's duke power on barkeep, plus Render and Schmidty not able to get actions in with the suspicion that then caused.

I still don't really understand the mauboy action there. Alan had cleared Barkeep, and I think Barkeep said he was the bodyguard at some point. Taking out DT would have gone a long way towards clearing you. I really would have needed some strong convincing not to vote out mauboy at that point, so probably it waa a good thing I was dead.