Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
hawk4669
High School JV

Our Daughter's First Concert

So, the wife and I have been wanting to take our daughter (a budding music fan) to her first concert and the opportunity finally presented its self.

On July 19th we're taking her to see the Dropkick Murphy's (with opening act The Mighty Mighty Bosstones). It's only 170 miles from home, and a one night hotel stay.

We got got great seats too. Wife and I normally do General Admission and are right against the barricade...but with our daughter (she's nine), we figured seats were the way to go.

The wife and I love both bands, and so does she. Needless to say, we're all stoked.

We're also going to the Hootenanny in Irvine, CA on July 5th (just the wife and I) featuring Mike Ness solo (normally of Social Distortion) and Tiger Army.

Anyways, am just excited and thought I'd share whether you like the music or not doesn't matter.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org

hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

That's so cool! I can't wait til my kids get a little older so I can do something similar.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:30 AM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Crap. Why did I ever let my daughter listen to anything besides the music I listen to? Her first concert was a couple months ago, Hanna Miley Cyrus Montana Soon To Be A Whore. Her Mom and her went while I sat in the hotel room.

When she was younger (8 now) she liked my music, then her mind was poisoned. She should love the punk channel on Sirius, instead she wants Radio Disney. The only song I can think of that she loves that I approve of Is Ole by the Bouncing Souls. I keep telling her one day she will understand how much better my music is and that I am the coolest Dad in the world but she only rolls her eyes.

Do you want to trade daughters? Kidding of course.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk4669 View Post
we figured seats were the way to go.

Although you used it as a throwaway line for a laugh, this actually makes a good point. Putting a little thought into seat selection & how the sightlines work at their size instead of yours can make a big difference in the experience for a kid.

Although I wouldn't know the DK Murphy's from Dale Murphy or Murphy Brown, I'll still give you props for doing this for your daughter. I started with my son several years ago & now, having just turned 10, he's almost a concert veteran at this point and each one is high on both our lists of favorite shared experiences.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
Tiphnie
n00b

Well if it makes you feel any better our daughter (I'm Hawks wife) also has a Hannah Montana CD, but she also loves punk and wants to dye the ends of her hair pink or maybe green for the concert lol.

She is only 9 but is still very much daddy's girl and just LOVES music I don't think she is gonna grow out of either LOL!!
Tiphnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Crap. Why did I ever let my daughter listen to anything besides the music I listen to? Her first concert was a couple months ago, Hanna Miley Cyrus Montana Soon To Be A Whore. Her Mom and her went while I sat in the hotel room.

When she was younger (8 now) she liked my music, then her mind was poisoned. She should love the punk channel on Sirius, instead she wants Radio Disney. The only song I can think of that she loves that I approve of Is Ole by the Bouncing Souls. I keep telling her one day she will understand how much better my music is and that I am the coolest Dad in the world but she only rolls her eyes.

Do you want to trade daughters? Kidding of course.

HAHAHA Welcome to my hell....Madison is all about the Disney artists...but thankfully she is starting to listen to some of the different stuff out there.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
hawk4669
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiphnie View Post
Well if it makes you feel any better our daughter (I'm Hawks wife) also has a Hannah Montana CD, but she also loves punk and wants to dye the ends of her hair pink or maybe green for the concert lol.

She is only 9 but is still very much daddy's girl and just LOVES music I don't think she is gonna grow out of either LOL!!

I still say green for the Murphys IMHO.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote