Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #1301
Telle
College Starter

Well I'd prefer Alan be lynched since I'd like to live Plus I don't think I'm a wolf.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #1302
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It sounds more like you and Alan are trying to get you lynched instead of him.

I am absolutely interested in getting her lynched instead of me. I am glad that I am getting at least part of my message through loud and clear!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #1303
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well I'd prefer Alan be lynched since I'd like to live Plus I don't think I'm a wolf.

Sounds like this day is confusing you. You're not sure Racer is a seer, but you believe hoops was (right?) -- but on the other hand, hoops vouched for Racer. So are you on board with lynching Alan, or not?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #1304
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Kwhit, how about you for a reveal? And Jets is in here, too. I think it would help a lot.

I don't think it's time for that yet. There's no need in helping the wolves narrow down who the roles are yet - since we have 2 days of pretty certain votes (Alan and Telle).

I think the time to reveal our majors is after we lynch the two of them. The info we gain does us no good until we lynch those two and it can only help the wolves at this point.

Does that make sense?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #1305
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am absolutely interested in getting her lynched instead of me. I am glad that I am getting at least part of my message through loud and clear!

What's the other part, again? That you're not a wolf, but you're not a villager, and you have a separate win condition?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #1306
Telle
College Starter

Well of course I believe hoops was a seer. The night kill write-up said he was a psychic and the psychic role is listed as being a seer.

VOTE ALAN T
Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #1307
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I don't think it's time for that yet. There's no need in helping the wolves narrow down who the roles are yet - since we have 2 days of pretty certain votes (Alan and Telle).

I think the time to reveal our majors is after we lynch the two of them. The info we gain does us no good until we lynch those two and it can only help the wolves at this point.

Does that make sense?

If you think you need to keep yours a secret, I understand. No one has to, but it would help me a lot. If that makes me look suspicious, I'm fine with that.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #1308
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Does that make sense?

Well it might help us sniff out those two alternate roles.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #1309
KWhit
Coordinator

Sorry my post was rambling above, but I wanted to hurry and get that out before anyone else revealed.

I hope my point made sense. I don't want to give the wolves any additional information to use to help them in their night kill selections at this point.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #1310
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Well it might help us sniff out those two alternate roles.

Do you mean it might help you sniff out who to night-kill tonight?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #1311
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry my post was rambling above, but I wanted to hurry and get that out before anyone else revealed.

I hope my point made sense. I don't want to give the wolves any additional information to use to help them in their night kill selections at this point.

I think we're okay on that point -- we've already got the seer outed, so the emphasis will be on keeping him alive for now. I think people can make their own call about it.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #1312
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Do you mean it might help you sniff out who to night-kill tonight?

First off, to my knowledge I am not a wolf. And thus I have no ability to night kill.

Secondly, why would the wolves even care about the alternate roles?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #1313
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
If you think you need to keep yours a secret, I understand. No one has to, but it would help me a lot. If that makes me look suspicious, I'm fine with that.

Nothing too super-secret, but I'd rather not reveal at this point.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #1314
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's the other part, again? That you're not a wolf, but you're not a villager, and you have a separate win condition?

I'll be pretty much ok with whatever that would get me off the hook at this point. At the point I am in this game, I'm pretty sure that I am a goner, it is just a matter of time.

I assume that you all won't be kicking yourselves when I die, but you sure are going to wish that you had lynched Telle instead of me. Since killing me doesn't really help you much.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #1315
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
First off, to my knowledge I am not a wolf. And thus I have no ability to night kill.

Secondly, why would the wolves even care about the alternate roles?

First off, I don't believe you.

Second off, the more information the wolves have about anyone, the easier it is for them to narrow down the list of people who might have roles that they do care about like the bodyguard.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #1316
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll be pretty much ok with whatever that would get me off the hook at this point. At the point I am in this game, I'm pretty sure that I am a goner, it is just a matter of time.

I assume that you all won't be kicking yourselves when I die, but you sure are going to wish that you had lynched Telle instead of me. Since killing me doesn't really help you much.

I doubt that the order in which we lynch you and Telle will matter all that much.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #1317
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I doubt that the order in which we lynch you and Telle will matter all that much.

It matters for me
Old 06-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #1318
KWhit
Coordinator

Yes, I suppose it does.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #1319
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

You could try being open about your win conditions. It might only buy you a day, but who knows? Maybe we find a wolf tomorrow and let you live another day. The fact that you haven't disclosed them leads me to think that it's something we should be worrying about more than the wolves, who will still be able to kill, even if we get Telle.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #1320
KWhit
Coordinator

Hey, you lasted a day longer than you probably should have!

Look at the silver lining!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #1321
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You could try being open about your win conditions. It might only buy you a day, but who knows? Maybe we find a wolf tomorrow and let you live another day. The fact that you haven't disclosed them leads me to think that it's something we should be worrying about more than the wolves, who will still be able to kill, even if we get Telle.

You're probably right.. you wouldn't like my winning conditions. Of course the wolves might not either. Luckily for me, I should be a lower priority to them just like I should be a lower priority to you. I'd probably just get in everyone's way though so best to eliminate me before I cause more problems right?

After you kill me though, you'll have to then go back and revisit yesterday's vote..Knowing that I'm not a wolf, and someone outs me as a wolf, the wolves know I'm not a wolf.. how would they have played yesterday? How would they play today?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #1322
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You're probably right.. you wouldn't like my winning conditions. Of course the wolves might not either. Luckily for me, I should be a lower priority to them just like I should be a lower priority to you. I'd probably just get in everyone's way though so best to eliminate me before I cause more problems right?

After you kill me though, you'll have to then go back and revisit yesterday's vote..Knowing that I'm not a wolf, and someone outs me as a wolf, the wolves know I'm not a wolf.. how would they have played yesterday? How would they play today?

So you're not going to say what your win conditions are? Got it.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #1323
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you're not going to say what your win conditions are? Got it.

I would think you would be nicer to me. I know more about the rolled villagers than they know about me. I guess I could release a list of who those would be.. but not sure who it would help more.. Not like it matters to the wolves too much right now since they are preoccupied with Racer and Mrs.Schmidty.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #1324
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I would think you would be nicer to me. I know more about the rolled villagers than they know about me. I guess I could release a list of who those would be.. but not sure who it would help more.. Not like it matters to the wolves too much right now since they are preoccupied with Racer and Mrs.Schmidty.

Right.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #1325
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hey olie, henry, and Render!! Interested in making your own reveals before Alan outs you?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #1326
RendeR
Coordinator

Interesting choice to go after Hoops. The two seer dynamic is an interesting one. I'm wondering if Racer and Hoops shouln't have hinted at who would be scanning last night so that the BG could have covered him instead of (I'm assuming) racer.

So we had two seers, I'm hoping we have 2 BG's too so that racer gets protected tonight. Though at this stage I think we can develop a prety solid COT and hunt down the last 1 or 2 wolves with little difficulty.

Have I voted yet?

just in case:

VOTE ALAN T
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #1327
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey olie, henry, and Render!! Interested in making your own reveals before Alan outs you?

Nope, at least not at this time. We have Alan and telle to lynch, then sure, I'll put my major out there. Its not really connected to much but I suppose the wolves could fathom something from it.

At this point we know I'm good (racer/hoops scan) so I'm going to leave it at that until we have the next two out of the way.

And Alan, its all just mind over matter, we don't mind, and you won't matter after we hang you from the angle irons....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #1328
Passacaglia
Coordinator

path is here! There's a guy who I know is on pins and needles, wanting to tell me his major!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #1329
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Nope, at least not at this time. We have Alan and telle to lynch, then sure, I'll put my major out there. Its not really connected to much but I suppose the wolves could fathom something from it.

At this point we know I'm good (racer/hoops scan) so I'm going to leave it at that until we have the next two out of the way.

And Alan, its all just mind over matter, we don't mind, and you won't matter after we hang you from the angle irons....

I was trying to think of some witty come back to this.. but I fail horribly!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #1330
henry296
College Starter

I still have some doubts that AlanT is 100% wolf because of the other teams that appear to be in the role description. i vote we go after the known wolf.

VOTE Telle

I have meetings the rest of the day and then out to dinner with work. I hope to back on by 8:30.

I'm a statistics major.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #1331
Schmidty
Coordinator

By the way, if anyone who's out of the game and wants to know the roles, I have a long-winded listing of them all and their abilities, and will PM them at your request. Just the role powers that the players themselves know, not other mechanics and stuff.

(I asked BK if he thought it was ok and he said it was my call. I trust everyone to not be cheaters, so ask and you shall receive...)
Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #1332
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So you're saying there's two people with the same role, not just with the same role-type? And that's happened before? Weird.

I ran a game with more than one bodyguard, and the Divination Nation games where everyone is a seer.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #1333
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Kwhit, how about you for a reveal? And Jets is in here, too. I think it would help a lot.

I don't get why you think it will be such a help. I'm not totally averse to it, but I'm also not seeing the point.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #1334
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I have no problem releasing my role...I'm a student of Architecture. That was all the information I was given.

I think at this point, I'm willing to give Alan another day...I see no reason for him to admit that he has alternative win conditions that are bad for villagers. I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt for another day and see what happens tonight.

VOTE TELLE
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #1335
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Then here is my question for you, Telle.

Mrs. Schmidty outed EagleFan yesterday by saying she saw him slit your throat and bring you back to life, which certainly would sound like a conversion. Subsequently EagleFan was lynched and proved to be a wolf, lending credence to Mrs. Schmidty's story.

Now, given all this, what possible motivation would Mrs. Schmidty have to toss EagleFan under the bus yet frame you?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #1336
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I study Astronomical Science, and I have a part-time job at the library.

I'm curious about this. Does your part time job at the library have any in-game benefit?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #1337
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Maybe we can come to some form of laissez-faire here.. What if the students and wolves both leave me alone, and I promise to be a good boy and leave you all alone for a while? You can even have Mrs.Schmidty try to follow me every day if you wanted to make sure that I'm behaving, and if I don't then you can lynch me?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #1338
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
path is here! There's a guy who I know is on pins and needles, wanting to tell me his major!

You are being endlessly disappointed today, aren't you!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #1339
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't get why you think it will be such a help. I'm not totally averse to it, but I'm also not seeing the point.

I think a reveal can help keep you alive, if you're a villager.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #1340
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think a reveal can help keep you alive, if you're a villager.

Why would you want to kill poor Path before Telle?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #1341
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Why would you want to kill poor Path before Telle?

Old 06-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #1342
path12
Coordinator

Hell, why not. Not like I've got a role. Liberal Arts, baby.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #1343
KWhit
Coordinator

There is way too much information being shared at this point by the villagers, IMO.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #1344
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There is way too much information being shared at this point by the villagers, IMO.

I agree fully. I lose my value to the villagers if you all share this information yourselves.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #1345
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree fully. I lose my value to the villagers if you all share this information yourselves.

You don't know anything, you're just trying to save your skin another day.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #1346
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes, I know that is the most obvious statement ever in the history of the universe.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #1347
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You are right that I am trying to save my skin another day!

You are incorrect about the not knowing anything part however! Everyone blames poor Hoops for outing the seer after all, but it really was me. I could provide a bit more information about some roles, but I'm trying to pass myself off as a more villager friendly Alan T right now.. and you wouldn't like that very much would you Kwhit?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #1348
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Good thing we're planning to kill you anyway.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #1349
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
You are right that I am trying to save my skin another day!

You are incorrect about the not knowing anything part however! Everyone blames poor Hoops for outing the seer after all, but it really was me. I could provide a bit more information about some roles, but I'm trying to pass myself off as a more villager friendly Alan T right now.. and you wouldn't like that very much would you Kwhit?

You're funny. I was wondering when this would start. Dropping little hints here or there that so-and-so is a wolf, or such-and-such is a roled villager.

I know well enough to know that some of it might be true, some of it might be false and I can ignore it all.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #1350
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good thing we're planning to kill you anyway.

Hey, put away your torches and pitchforks Gaston!

I am just misunderstood right now. All I need is for Henry269 to love me before my last rose petal falls and I will turn into a prince once again.