Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
Axxon
Pro Starter

That Will Teach Him to Disobey

Quote:
NC couple face murder in death of son tied to tree

By MIKE BAKER – 3 days ago

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A couple accused of tying their 13-year-old son to a tree for two nights to punish him for disobedience has been charged with murder in his death, authorities said Friday.

Brice Brian McMillan, 41, of Macclesfield, told a deputy that the child was being disobedient and was forced to sleep outside Tuesday while tied to a tree, the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office said. The teenager was released Wednesday morning but again tied up that night for bad behavior, authorities said.

The boy was left tied to the tree until the following afternoon when his stepmother found him unresponsive, Sheriff James Knight said. Knight said authorities believe the boy was bound to the tree with plastic ties and possibly other kinds of material.

"An adult couldn't get out of those," he said.

Temperatures in the area rose to above 90 degrees on Thursday afternoon, with a low of 73, according to the National Weather Service. Knight would not discuss any details on the cause of death, saying an autopsy was being conducted at the state chief medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill.

The sheriff also didn't have details on why the boy was being punished, although he said deputies were investigating whether he had run away.

Dwight Jefferson, an emergency responder with Pinetops Rescue Squad who was first on the scene, said he did not know the cause of the child's death.

"What we found was a 13-year-old laying on the ground — CPR being done by his father," Jefferson said. "Then we took over."

Knight said the boy was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

McMillan and Sandra Elizabeth McMillan, 36, also have been charged with felony child abuse. Two other children at the home, ages 7 and 9, have been placed in the custody of the Department of Social Services, authorities said. Knight said he does not know of any past allegations of child abuse in the family.

He also said he could not release the name of the boy.

The McMillans are being held in the Edgecombe County Detention Center under no bond and are scheduled for a first appearance in court Monday. The sheriff's office said they did not know if the couple had an attorney.

Macclesfield is about 90 miles east of Durham.

Some people really shouldn't be parents.

How disobedient do you have to be for your parents to murder you?

hxxp://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gaONsLOskXazSdPmecD_LtJLtwzgD919DIUG0

Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #2
Axxon
Pro Starter

Added from another story on this.

Quote:
Arrest warrants for both McMillans said the child sustained "bruising to the wrist, cuts to entire body, missing flesh from buttocks, results from being tied to a tree for approximately 18 hours resulting in death."

That would so suck.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
Lorena
Unregistered

Damn, that sucks.. poor kid
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
spleen1015
Coordinator

Was this in a neighborhood? A rural area?

I'm wondering why no one found him.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I saw this story a few days ago and it made me physically ill. Reading it again had the same affect...hell is not a bad enough place for people like that.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow. People suck.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

WTF is wrong with people? This goes back to my idea that everyone should be psychologically tested when they are able to reproduce. Those who fail the test are automatically spayed/neutered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

"The sheriff also didn't have details on why the boy was being punished, although he said deputies were investigating whether he had run away."

All they had to do is break his legs. They could have been at least logical about that. Sorry to offend anyone, but I can't take things serious or I would want to go hunt these people down, Wait I'm starting to want to now. I shouldn't of even open this thread.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 06-17-2008 at 10:54 AM.
TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Macclesfield is a relatively rural area. Parents look like quality individuals.

That case was bad, but they've just finished up a trial in my old hometown that was much, much worse. Basically, the mother was a brutally abusive person who was hitting her kids with PVC pipe among other things. Ultimately wound up killing her youngest adoptee (only three years old) by wrapping him up in blankets so tightly that he couldn't breathe, supposedly as punishment for wandering the house at night. All her kids (bio and adopted) were on the stand at trial and the horror stories they provided were difficult to read. The mother got a life sentence out of it (I'm guessing because the death was accidental, which I suppose is true as she only meant to inflict mental and physical pain on the child, not kill him).
How the father got out of it without anything on him is surprising. He divorced her pretty quick when he had the chance, though.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #10
Axxon
Pro Starter

I remember a case in Largo, FL where they did the wrapping up in blanket deal too. Very, very similar.