Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Blackberry Help

Just got the Curve 8380 and am loving it. Having some problems with certain aspects that perhaps some of you could help me sort out. Some are easy some I'm not so sure.

1) How the HECK do you change your ringer etc? I'd like to have it on vibrate and ring but would also like to change the tones for voicemails, IM's etc.

2) How do you turn OFF AIM once you have it on? I like it on while I'm gone but when I'm home it's annoying to receive it both on the Blackberry and the laptop.

3) Similar to #2, how can I better coordinate my email with the Blackberry? I have it installed but I'd like to be able to turn it off when I get home and am near the laptop. I hate getting the notices when I'm home because I am already getting them through Outlook.

4) To go along with #3, what is the best way to coordinate Outlook with the Blackberry so that I receive the email once (either laptop or BB), and when I delete it it takes care of it in both places. Ideally, I'd like my BB to be an extension of Outlook when I'm away from home as far as email is concerned.

Thanks! I know I can depend on FOFC!

Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
1. You have to go into profiles...on my Curve it's up on the right hand side when you are on the home screen (not the options screen). It's a little speaker icon...click on that, then scroll to the bottom and it says something like advanced options, or edit profiles...click on that and you will be able to change the ringers, the volume, etc. If you want to give someone a custom ring tone, go to their contact and click menu, then edit...scroll down and there is a place for a custom ring tone as well as a picture for the contact.

2. While you are in AIM, menu - logout should do it.

3. Don't know if this is possible, I never tried to turn my email "off"...

4. Go into your email, then click menu - options, one of the options should give options for delete - on handheld, on server and handheld, or prompt. Not sure if you know, but if you click the alt (I think) button while you scroll with the wheel, you can select multiple messages to delete at a time.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Dola, all that was off the top of my head, some of the specifics might be wrong...let me know if you have questions and I can give more detailed info tomorrow
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
3) Similar to #2, how can I better coordinate my email with the Blackberry? I have it installed but I'd like to be able to turn it off when I get home and am near the laptop. I hate getting the notices when I'm home because I am already getting them through Outlook.

There is a default 'phone only' ringer option. I don't know if this deactivates the data or not.

What's an 8380? Did you mean an 8830 or 8330 (that came out for sprint and verizon a few months ago?).

wap.crackberry.com (crackberry.com forums)
CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers (main website)

forums at crackberry.com are really great reading. wap version is awesome for blackberrys. I wish FOFC had one.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Ah right, sorry I have the 8330.

Selling an M610 by Samsung (Sprint) if anyone is interested!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #6
Galaril
Pro Starter

I was going to make a thread about blackberry help also. One thing I haven't figured out how to do. How can can I set my BB so that when evr I send a emailo from my blackberry it doesn't send a copy of it to my blackberry email account? So, in otherwords every email I send I get a copy of it to.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote