Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Most underrated franchise in FOOL History
Valdosta/Gary 0 0%
St.Louis 0 0%
Colorado 2 25.00%
Baltimore 0 0%
Ann Arbor 3 37.50%
Compton 1 12.50%
Other 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Most Under-rated franchise in FOOL History

Which is the most UNDERRATED franchise in FOOL history?

We often talk about the dynasties that have occured in the 12 years of FOOL, but there have been a good number of franchises that have been among the best. Note this poll is not asking which is the best franchise or the best dynasty in FOOL history, that is a completely different discussion.

This poll is to discuss which franchise is the most overlooked franchise in FOOL history.

Valdosta/Gary - Made the playoffs 5 seasons with 3 FOOL Championships. 10 top 3 finishes in their history.

St.Louis - The original FOOL dynasty, to which other franchises are compared. Made the playoffs all five years of their existance and won 2 FOOL Championships before they folded.

Colorado - More playoff apperances than any other team in FOOL history with 6 postseason apperances and 1 championship to show for it. Also has 10 seasons with a top 3 finish and is second all time in franchise wins.

Baltimore - The original dynasty of FOOL, won the first two FOOL Championships but have not finished in the top 3 since 1962.

Ann Arbor - Like Baltimore has 2 playoff apperances, but only 1 championship. Five additional times in their franchise history they have finished second place.

Compton - In their five years of existance, they have two playoff apperances and have finished in the top 3 all five years.

Other - A team such as New York, Hartford or other that have not been listed

Poll coming

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think both Valdosta and St.Louis get alot of play and is hard to say they are underrated based on that. As time goes on, it might be possible that St.Louis becomes less appreciated for how good they were and how good they could have been if they stayed together, so I think is a valid option.

I think Baltimore is an interesting choice as they were the Chicago Cubs of FOOL. They won two early championships but haven't been close since.. Their fans are going to be carrying around 1908 signs soon!

My choice right now I think is Colorado though. They are becoming known like my loved Braves in the MLB.. but it is easy to overlook how good they have been for so long. They've made the playoffs more than any other team in our history which is saying alot.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Interesting question of "most underrated."

I mean, Valdosta's three-peat effectively volts them to St. Louis status. The only reason I say St. Louis was better is because that team got shut off before it managed to really be able to see what it could. Given the depth that team had though and how many former Terriers have been contributors to title teams since then, it stands to reason that they were clearly the seeds of the FOOL earth. Plus, that team had to win a playoff series in the first three years just to get to the FOOL Classic.

But Valdosta's success is impressive and certainly not underrated, because they're dominant.

Those early Baltimore teams were quite dominant, but the tream faded so quickly and took place before there were lots of human owners.

Ann Arbor's title might be impressive when you consider they won during the year we had a scheduling error that ended up forcing us to play interleague play for a year, so while they did benefit from an "Easier" schedule on paper, they still were effective and their string of second place finishes after that proved that season was no fluke. They were a true champion.

I'd say Colorado is the most underrated franchise. Compton hasn't won a title yet and is on their 3rd owner, while Chief has been with the Rancheros since '64. Colorado was a team that was close to being successful before he got there and since he's arrived, they've been essentially the leaders of the RL. Even though they only have one title to show for it so far, no team has really matched them in the ability of "always being in the hunt" and having run 3 different franchises in the RL, I can say that they've universally been the thorn in my side since the beginning of FOOL.

So that's where my vote goes.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
muns
Pro Starter

First, Alan thanks for coming up with this. Im disappointed this didnt get more talk, especially with all the other crap that goes on around here, and im included in that. I clearly missed this one earlier. I hope more people post on this one.

My vote goes to Ann Arbor without a doubt. 5 times you finish in second place, and they have a title. As much as Chief has made the classic and lost Ann Arbor could also be called the Buffalo Bills.

IMO its tough to be that consistant, and they rarely make any trades, and in my mind that makes it that much more awesome that they were able to accomplish what they have.

I mean everybody has talked about or picked any of the other teams to win it once, but rarely has Ann Arbor been mentioned at all

So thats why I went with Ann Arbor!

Last edited by muns : 08-29-2008 at 08:17 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Yup, I had voted Ann Arbor as well.