Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Where do you spend most of your time on this league?
Working on an export 3 75.00%
Debating how the league runs 0 0%
Trout fishing 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Where do you spend your time in this league?

Curious about this, given all the drama that seems to go on all the time.

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

For me I would say probably trout fishing.

Actually the most of time I spend in this league usually is looking through stats, or the History link for the league. I've been trying to dig up interesting things from time to time when I can to throw out during the dull periods.

I actually have a new "article" I was going to post over the weekend regarding "What would thinks have been like without realignment" with the discussion of what teams would have seen the postseason or if there would have been any change at all. I decided to not post it up once all the drama hit this weekend, but likely will post it later this week or early next week.

I probably spend about 75% of my time doing that type of thing I would say.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

When I first joined I spent the most time working on my team, trying to improve my roster. The past few years I have spent more time "scouting" other teams, taking a look to see what other teams have.

I wouldn't call the discussions we have drama. I've brought up some points over the past few weekends because I want this to be an even better league in the long haul. I would like to have a league full of human owners who actively participate. I also would like the rules to be clear and fair for everybody. Any discussion had, whether it be for or against a proposal is good discussion in my opinion.

When I first started the scheduling was always crazy, and to be honest sometimes it did feel like there was "cheating" or that sort of thing going on, and if I remember right a couple of owners quit because of that. I think if people voice their opinions on some things then we can create a league that will run for a long time, and once all this stuff clears it will run very smoothly.
graygoose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Curious about this, given all the drama that seems to go on all the time.

Today I have spent a good amount of time trying to think of a way to drag you into the drama.

Actually, most of my time is spent remembering the year of glory that was 1968. That is pretty true.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hahaha...I'm back. I spend my time playing traffic cop and trout fishing and finding ways to get back to the Classic.

And only one guy ever quit because of "cheating" and that was Jimmy...other folks left because they got tired of the drama.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-31-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For me I would say probably trout fishing.

Actually the most of time I spend in this league usually is looking through stats, or the History link for the league. I've been trying to dig up interesting things from time to time when I can to throw out during the dull periods.

I actually have a new "article" I was going to post over the weekend regarding "What would thinks have been like without realignment" with the discussion of what teams would have seen the postseason or if there would have been any change at all. I decided to not post it up once all the drama hit this weekend, but likely will post it later this week or early next week.

I probably spend about 75% of my time doing that type of thing I would say.

That would've been interesting, the story about what things would've looked like without realignment. I almost forget we did that sometimes, then I realize my leaguemates are different than the ones I used to know.

It's interesting how well that turned out, overall, though.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote