Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #51
Calis
College Starter

It's up!

http://www.direct2drive.com/Search.a...REE%20KINGDOMS

It's up on TryGames as well, but I'm not familiar with them so I'll be going D2D. It's 19.95 as mentioned earlier.

Will be spending my afternoon giving it a run through.

Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #52
Galaril
Pro Starter

I've got about an hour and a half until I am at home and start the download. I need to know which place to go. D2D says that it's got "Download protection included" that I may redownload the game at will but doesn't give the terms. trygames.com wants you to pay an extra four bucks for download protection and it lasts for 18 months but they imply that you actually get a copy of the game, ie, something you can burn to CD and keep and reinstall from. They're not, however, explicit about this.

Anyone have the game yet?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #53
Calis
College Starter

I bought it and am playing through the tutorials. (If you played through them in the demo I'd recommend doing it again, because you unlock quite a few officers by completing them.)

I bought from Direct2Drive just because I've had experience with them in the past and haven't ran into any problems. It seems to be more widely used than TryGames, but I couldn't tell you.

Neither of them would be my first choice for a game, but not a lot of options here. I've never had to reinstall a D2D game so I don't know if it is much of a hassle.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I can't comment on this game any, but I can help comment on D2D for people trying to decide where to buy. I bought all of the Civ4 series from D2D, the earlier purchases were back I think in 2005 or so. About a year ago or 18 months ago I got a new laptop and had to re-install all of my games. I had no problem going on D2D, looking in my account and re-downloading the games at all.

I haven't had any issues at all with D2D along this lines. The only complaint I have ever had about D2D is the patches. Their game executables are different than the normal ones that come on CDs, so you can not use a normal game patch with them at times and have to wait on them to release their new patch. In my experience for the Civ series, that was usually within 10 days. Other than that no other complaints from me.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #55
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I can't comment on this game any, but I can help comment on D2D for people trying to decide where to buy. I bought all of the Civ4 series from D2D, the earlier purchases were back I think in 2005 or so. About a year ago or 18 months ago I got a new laptop and had to re-install all of my games. I had no problem going on D2D, looking in my account and re-downloading the games at all.

I haven't had any issues at all with D2D along this lines. The only complaint I have ever had about D2D is the patches. Their game executables are different than the normal ones that come on CDs, so you can not use a normal game patch with them at times and have to wait on them to release their new patch. In my experience for the Civ series, that was usually within 10 days. Other than that no other complaints from me.
Thanks for the info.
One question can you burn the game to a cd from Direct2drive?

Last edited by Galaril : 09-09-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Thanks for the info.
One question can you burn the game to a cd from Direct2drive?

I think it depends on the game. I have bought some games from them that basically when you download them it is a zipped up 3gig+ zip file of the CD file structure. Other games it is just a big executable that is a packaged installer itself.

I haven't really ever had any need to burn it to CDs so haven't really looked into it alot I fear.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #57
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think it depends on the game. I have bought some games from them that basically when you download them it is a zipped up 3gig+ zip file of the CD file structure. Other games it is just a big executable that is a packaged installer itself.

I haven't really ever had any need to burn it to CDs so haven't really looked into it alot I fear.

Thanks anyways. I found out from someplace that you actually can put it on a cd from safe keeping.