Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

1982 Board of Director nomination/volunteer thread

The current term for our board of directors ends at the end of the 1982 season. I would like to thank Chief, ekcut and Turner for their contributions to the league and their help in making some pretty difficult decisions at times. Any or all three are of course welcome to continue for another term on the board if they and the league want to.

There is also a change that was approved by the board starting the next class. In order to not have all three board positions empty at the same time every 4 years, the years of service have changed to 6 years per board term, with one position ending every 2 seasons.

This season we will be nominating/voting for the following positions and terms:

1) Republic League representative (either 4 year or 6 year term depending on who is selected as the at large rep).

2) Continental League representative (either 4 year or 6 year term depending on who is selected as the at large rep).

3) At-large representative, can come from either league. (2 year term).

I would like to have people nominate in this thread whom they would like to see as their reps for their league. The only requirement is the person being nominated has to be willing to do the job as well. (It is not super time intensive, just have to be willing to discuss issues in PMs maybe 2 or 3 nights a week. Perhaps a total of 10-12 PMs a week total).

In the case we have multiple nominations/volunteers, we will have a vote between the contenders.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Also, per league rules, the commissioner for the league (myself) is up for re-election every 4 seasons. To make things easy, please post below if you want to vote someone else in as the commish. Otherwise we'll assume everyone is ok with me.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
muns
Pro Starter

Alan is just fine with me
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would like to see kaosfere and Tim Guru considered for spots. from the CL or for an at large spot, too. And Tasan, I think, would be a good choice from the RL.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I vote for Alan to continue as commish. He is doing an excellent job.

Thanks for the nomination Chief, if chosen I will gladly serve.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
kaosfere
College Prospect

I'm going to do something that may surprise a few, and nominate Anthony for member at large. I'm not sure he would serve even if selected, but his "adversarial" voice could be useful in a constructive situation.

And yes, if chosen, I will do mah doo-tay.
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
Tasan
College Starter

Thanks for the nod as well, Chief. I'll serve if elected.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
I'm going to do something that may surprise a few, and nominate Anthony for member at large. I'm not sure he would serve even if selected, but his "adversarial" voice could be useful in a constructive situation.

I like that you're thinking out side of the box, and I think that if we have a few seasons of participation like Anthony showed today...where he voiced his opinion, but toned it down to prevent it from spiraling into personal battles, that he would make a fine addition. He certainly has a different way of looking at things, and that can be very refreshing. But I think the NEXT go around would be a more suitable time to step up if we continue to have days like today.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

I will not run for a second term. I have been struggling to keep up with the most important issues (I am always a day or two late it seems) and I think that TimGuru, Kaos and Tasan (as would many others, but those 3 to me seem like the most active right now) would be extraordinary on the BoD.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #10
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm sorry guys, but I cannot get behind Anthony as a BoD.

I've seen nothing from him that is remotely constructive or deserving of such a position. And to be honest, I think it would make things a good bit worse. He already has a pretty esteemed opinion of himself, and being a BoD would certainly not help that situation.

Not trying to be adversarial here, I just can't go with that idea.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Primarily just looking for nominations and people volunteering for now. If we end up with more people nominated and willing to serve than positions, I'll post a vote for it after tommorrow Thursday night.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for the nominations both via this thread and some by PM. I will be contacting each person that was nominated to verify they are willing to serve if voted in. I will post a poll (if necessary) tommorrow night that will run through the regular season and end Sunday night after the FOOL Classic for people to vote.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #13
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post

thanks for the nomination, i must've got alan's pm too late (did the trick or treating thing witth the family and wound up drinking too much with my neighbor). thanks anyway for the vote of confidence, i would've accepted the nomination.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
Tasan
College Starter

Add him in, there's only been 2 votes cast.