Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Broken Stuff... (what a week)

Wow, when it rains it pours.

On Monday I bought a copy of Valkyria Chronicles for PS3. I go to load it up ... and my PS3 is dead. No video signal coming out. Has to go for repair (out of warranty).

On Wednesday my Guitar Hero guitar starts dying. Songs that I was getting 98% on I can only get 90% because it is missing notes now.

Earlier today, I'm strapping my son's seat belt on in the car, and slip on some ice, causing me to slip and slam our car door into the car beside us. Dented their car door and caused a bit of paint scratching.

And tonight, my Xbox 360 dies with the Red Ring of Death. Thankfully this is the first item this week that will be repaired with no charge to me.

I'm afraid to touch anything else. I think that tomorrow I'll ask my wife to drive because it seems like everything I touch is going to break this week.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Definitely don't masturbate tonight.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

i hope you don't live near me, i do enough breaking on my own!
that sucks, 2 game systems in a week. at least rrod was free...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Wow, when it rains it pours.

On Monday I bought a copy of Valkyria Chronicles for PS3. I go to load it up ... and my PS3 is dead. No video signal coming out. Has to go for repair (out of warranty).

On Wednesday my Guitar Hero guitar starts dying. Songs that I was getting 98% on I can only get 90% because it is missing notes now.

Earlier today, I'm strapping my son's seat belt on in the car, and slip on some ice, causing me to slip and slam our car door into the car beside us. Dented their car door and caused a bit of paint scratching.

And tonight, my Xbox 360 dies with the Red Ring of Death. Thankfully this is the first item this week that will be repaired with no charge to me.

I'm afraid to touch anything else. I think that tomorrow I'll ask my wife to drive because it seems like everything I touch is going to break this week.

But somehow your computer was robust enough to survive this post? Shenanigans.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Definitely don't masturbate tonight.

+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Must be solar spots, magnetic storms, or something like that going on this week.

I had to rebuild my test server at work, due to two hard drives failing at the same time. Then, on my home network, my Cisco Catalyst switch died, then the next day my D-Link gigabit desktop router died. To top it off, one of the network cards in my firewall here at the house died.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

My dog had a seizure this week. I'm now blaming Mota.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Must be solar spots, magnetic storms, or something like that going on this week.

I had to rebuild my test server at work, due to two hard drives failing at the same time. Then, on my home network, my Cisco Catalyst switch died, then the next day my D-Link gigabit desktop router died. To top it off, one of the network cards in my firewall here at the house died.

I didn't have anything "break" this week, but I had 871 systems on my network get infected by a worm because lab owners think they are smarter then anyone else and don't need to run anti-virus software or keep their systems patched.

We'll see how smart they are when they can't communicate to anything anymore.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:51 PM   #9
Telle
College Starter

Well let's see... first the desktop died. We decided to replace it with a new laptop for me and a docking station.

Then we discovered the furnace for the upstairs apartment (we own a two-family) is dying and needs to be replaced. Looks like that's going to cost us close to $5k. If only the current one wasn't nearly 100 years old (yes, seriously) maybe it could be repaired.

Then our router died today. Or rather, RendeR got confused about something and thought it died. So I bought a new one. So.. now we have upgraded, whether we truly needed to or not.

So because of the furnace we're soon going to be out of all of our savings. And it'll cost more than that so there'll also be credit card debt.. and the new laptop got financed. So now no savings and more debt.. oh yay!
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 AM   #10
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Are you happily married.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 AM   #11
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
Are you happily married.

Which post are you referring to? AKA, who are you asking? And for that matter, why does it matter?
Old 12-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #12
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Which post are you referring to? AKA, who are you asking? And for that matter, why does it matter?

If he's referring to the first post, it's probably in the context of "you break everything you touch and now you're going to drag your wife into this?"

If he's referring to yours, he might be asking, in a roundabout way, about RendeR's expected remaining lifespan.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:12 AM   #13
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
If he's referring to the first post, it's probably in the context of "you break everything you touch and now you're going to drag your wife into this?"

If he's referring to yours, he might be asking, in a roundabout way, about RendeR's expected remaining lifespan.

Oh I'm not going to kill RendeR for making me buy a new router when we didn't really need one.. that's not a big deal. It's the furnace that's got me freaked out.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Maybe you aren't going to kill him intentionally but, well, let's put it this way- have you ever seen 'Final Destination'?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote