Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
theclassic
n00b

FBB: New Main Screen Image

It seems that some people are getting into Fast Break Basketball again. It's been my favorite basketball game, and it likely won't be replaced. I made a new screen image for the game a few years ago. I thought now would be a good time to post it. Basically it's just a collage of college basketball courts, and one high school/old NBA court that's just really cool, so I put it in there. Here is the link if anybody is interested:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/15/1816348/bg.zip

Just put the file in your images folder of FBB.

theclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I don't have the game anymore, but wanted to see it. Nice. The FBCB title should be in red or orange to stand out more, but I like the courts.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
korme
Go Reds

why don't you just upload it to imageshack?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
Zelig
Mascot

I waffled on this game. I see it has a big support basis here. What makes it stand out? I heard someone say it has that "one more turn" thing that makes games rise above the others.
Zelig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
korme
Go Reds

It's simple, it doesn't take more than a second to load any pages, it's got an assload of history, it's fun.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:45 AM   #6
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

FBB is the pro version of FBCB, in case anyone's wondering.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

For $15, I'm thinking about getting FBB. Anyone know of a 2007 roster file and a 2008 draft file?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

dola,

Wow.. just like FBCB, this game is amazing! Very simple, fast, yet very engrossing and deep.

I'm finding out the hard way with the Hawks of 2004-05 (and learning the game) that it's going to be a tough road.

It's funny my favorite text sims right now are FOF 2007, BM 09, FBCB, and FBB. I'm getting to the point in my sims where I just like to get right into the game without clicking on tons of things. Simple interfaces, yet deep sims (I know.. BM is not a deep baseball sim, but it's enough for me).

One question to those of you who are still playing FBB:

On the draft preview screen, what does the "Make Known Potential = True Potential for all rookies" button do?

I pressed it, but didn't really understand what it did. I'm hoping I didn't screw something up.

Actually.. I think I do know what it means now that I think about it. It equalizes the potential that's shown, but may not be accurate = the potential that's hidden for those players?

I think I need to re-start.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #9
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
dola,

Wow.. just like FBCB, this game is amazing! Very simple, fast, yet very engrossing and deep.

I'm finding out the hard way with the Hawks of 2004-05 (and learning the game) that it's going to be a tough road.

It's funny my favorite text sims right now are FOF 2007, BM 09, FBCB, and FBB. I'm getting to the point in my sims where I just like to get right into the game without clicking on tons of things. Simple interfaces, yet deep sims (I know.. BM is not a deep baseball sim, but it's enough for me).

One question to those of you who are still playing FBB:

On the draft preview screen, what does the "Make Known Potential = True Potential for all rookies" button do?

I pressed it, but didn't really understand what it did. I'm hoping I didn't screw something up.

Actually.. I think I do know what it means now that I think about it. It equalizes the potential that's shown, but may not be accurate = the potential that's hidden for those players?

I think I need to re-start.

I love the game to death. Simple, fun, and user-friendly. If anyone has an online FBB league, I would love to join.

Displayed potential is usually different from actual potential. It would take a couple of years of observation to determine if a player's potential holds true. Pressing on that button (...make known...) puts the actual potential of a player as the displayed potential.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #10
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm on their website but can't seem to find a way to download FBB. Can someone point me in the right direction?
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:10 AM   #11
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

http://fbb.sportplanet.gamespy.com/dl.htm
Old 06-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #12
Zelig
Mascot

what better fbb or fbcb
Zelig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I love the game to death. Simple, fun, and user-friendly. If anyone has an online FBB league, I would love to join.

Displayed potential is usually different from actual potential. It would take a couple of years of observation to determine if a player's potential holds true. Pressing on that button (...make known...) puts the actual potential of a player as the displayed potential.

Thanks.. kind of figured that out and restarted. The button should be hidden or something.

I started with the Atlanta Hawks in the 2004-05 season and I'd have to say.. it's the challenge I thought it would be. I absolutely love how it only took me about an hour to get the interface down where I was really comfortable and then from there.. burning off years comes quite easy.

Very in depth game!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #14
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
For $15, I'm thinking about getting FBB. Anyone know of a 2007 roster file and a 2008 draft file?

Mizzou

Here is a new 07-08 league file
http://rapidshare.com/files/120432582/2007-08.csv.html

and here is a new 08 draft file
http://rapidshare.com/files/12043311...e2007.txt.html

I havent tested either, but a few people posted suggestions on the board and said it wasnt that bad.

MUNS
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #15
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
what better fbb or fbcb

For my money its FBCB. Its "newer" than fbb, its college ball, and still has that one more turn feeling. FBB does not have all the pro teams in it as it was made before the expansion with the bobcats, and a patch was not put out to fix it due to the new fbb being developed. That since has stopped for the time being, with Brian still having problems at home.

MUNS
Old 06-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Mizzou

Here is a new 07-08 league file
http://rapidshare.com/files/120432582/2007-08.csv.html

and here is a new 08 draft file
http://rapidshare.com/files/12043311...e2007.txt.html

I havent tested either, but a few people posted suggestions on the board and said it wasnt that bad.

MUNS

Thank you!

I started an 04-05 season with the Hawks.. should be fun. I'll check these out as well.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

You know, FBB really reminds me alot of Lance Haffner basketball.. probably the first text sim sport game I purchased.. albeit WAYYYYY deeper.

I know FBB 2 is on hold, but I hope Brian gets it finished at some point.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Another question: I have save pbp enabled under team control, but when I go to view a pbp in one of my games, nothing happens.

Help!!!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I purchased FBCB a month or two ago and it has been a blast to play. I really wanted to like DDS: CB since it's a lot newer but the pace of the game was to slow for me.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #20
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Another question: I have save pbp enabled under team control, but when I go to view a pbp in one of my games, nothing happens.

Help!!!!!

Go into your fbb folder, go into your league data folder, cick on your league, click the pbp folder, and you can read it that way.

MUNS

Last edited by muns : 06-08-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #21
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Go into your fbb folder, go into your league data folder, cick on your league, click the pbp folder, and you can read it that way.

MUNS

Thanks.. I wish clicking on that button would bring it up as well.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #22
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Anyone have the 1.0.9 patch for this? On their site, the latest version I see is 1.0.2
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote