Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Calling all Atlanta area FOFCers

Hey guys,

Looks like I'll be in your neck of the woods the week of August 10th. My company is letting me back on the US side of the pond for an HP conference. I'll be staying at the Westin Peachtree Plaza.

Any tips on things to see in the area? Anyone up for meeting an exiled Texan for a few drinks? I'm not sure yet, but I'm fairly certain that my co-worker who's a cheerleader for the Houston Texans is going to be going to the conference also, so this might be your chance to meet an NFL cheerleader!

Looking forward to being back in the US for a couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, Italy is great, but I love the good 'ole USA!

cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Heh - I'll be moving to Atlanta that very same week (but I'll be occupied until August 15).

Can't do any of that drinking stuff either.

But I'd still love some sort of Atlanta FOFC poker game.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #3
Buzzbee
College Starter

A quick list of things to do while in Atlanta:

Zoo Atlanta
Stone Mountain Park
Go to a Braves Game vs. San Diego
Six Flags over Georgia
Nightlife in Buckhead - 100 bars and restaurants within 2 1/2 blocks

Some places to eat:
Melting Pot
Greasy Chili Dogs, Onion Rings, and Peach Pies at The Varsity

And of course:
The Cheetah
Old 07-09-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

I would highly recommend going to Stone Mountain and catching the laser show, all my friends that have come visit me in Atlanta were more impressed by that than anything else in the city.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Radii
...all my friends that have come visit me in Atlanta were more impressed by that than anything else in the city.
Wow. That's surprising. I guess because I can see the mountain from my roof, it has gotten a bit old.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
Wow. That's surprising. I guess because I can see the mountain from my roof, it has gotten a bit old.

From the window in my apartment complex, I see trees, and I have an excellent view of Steve Reynolds Blvd.

I am sufficiently jealous
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 06:49 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by Radii
From the window in my apartment complex, I see trees, and I have an excellent view of Steve Reynolds Blvd.

I am sufficiently jealous
Don't be jealous. I don't climb on the roof very often.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:14 PM   #8
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

I would have suggested that you check out the Coca-Cola Museum, but I think I heard Coke closed that down...

Oh well, it's better just to stick with simple things...like the Cheetah.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:06 PM   #9
ctmason
High School JV

Figures, two weeks after I move to Phoenix, half the board is moving to Atlanta and they'll be a poker game every night. 6 years of looking for a decent home game and they'll be 120 man freeze out tournaments every Tuesday at Ben's house. Eventually the board will close down because all members live within 15 miles of one another.

"The board? Oh that silly old thing, we just call, now."

Thanks a lot.
ctmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 02:54 AM   #10
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by ctmason
Figures, two weeks after I move to Phoenix, half the board is moving to Atlanta and they'll be a poker game every night. 6 years of looking for a decent home game and they'll be 120 man freeze out tournaments every Tuesday at Ben's house. Eventually the board will close down because all members live within 15 miles of one another.

"The board? Oh that silly old thing, we just call, now."

Thanks a lot.

How are you going to get to Dawg games from Pheonix?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 02:48 PM   #11
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Hey Atlanta FOFCers,

It's a certainty now that I will be in Atlanta from August 10th to the 16th. Unfortunately my co-worker who's the Texans cheerleader won't be able to make it. We have a company meeting in Miami the next week, and she couldn't miss two weeks of practices.

I found out that one of our activities will be to catch a Braves game at the 755 Club. Looks like a pretty sweet place to watch the game!

Outside of that, I'm up to meeting some of y'all, if interested. SkyDog, have any shows planned? I didn't see any on your website. I'll have a car, so I'll check out the highly recommended Stone Mountain. And for food, is the restaurant at the top of my hotel (Peachtree Westin) any good, or is the main reason to go for the view from the rotating floor?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 07-27-2003, 02:57 PM   #12
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman
I found out that one of our activities will be to catch a Braves game at the 755 Club. Looks like a pretty sweet place to watch the game!

So that is where GAB got the idea for the 4192 Club.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 04:36 PM   #13
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Outside of that, I'm up to meeting some of y'all, if interested. SkyDog, have any shows planned? I didn't see any on your website. I'll have a car, so I'll check out the highly recommended Stone Mountain. And for food, is the restaurant at the top of my hotel (Peachtree Westin) any good, or is the main reason to go for the view from the rotating floor?
1. Ironically, I may have a show on Aug. 9, the night before you get here. I've got an all-night lock-in the Friday night of the week you're here, so I'm toast for then, but I'm pretty open during the week. If several of y'all want to gather at a bar where there's an Open Mic night, I'd be up for haulin' out the guitar.

2. The Westin is quite good. Eat there at least once.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:40 PM   #14
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Damn, cartman, you missed my 4 days . I'm going back to Atlanta on the 20th.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:51 PM   #15
GrantDawg

Quote:
1. Ironically, I may have a show on Aug. 9, the night before you get here. I've got an all-night lock-in the Friday night of the week you're here, so I'm toast for then, but I'm pretty open during the week. If several of y'all want to gather at a bar where there's an Open Mic night, I'd be up for haulin' out the guitar.

That would be great! And I'm so jealous of the Braves game, cartman.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:53 PM   #16
GrantDawg

Dola: I'm going to Stone Mountain tommorow and buying one year passes for the entire family. I haven't been in about 5 years. It looks like it has really changed.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:09 AM   #17
cartman
Death Herald

Hey SD et all,

The open mike plan sounds cool. Any recommendations for places to meet up? As for nights, it appears that Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday are going to be the best bets.

And just for your, GrantDawg, I'll make sure I get lots of pictures from inside the 755 Club to post on my website.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 07-28-2003, 08:15 AM   #18
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
2. The Westin is quite good. Eat there at least once.
Agreed. It's quite expensive, but the food is very, very good. And the view is unbeatable!
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:26 AM   #19
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Hey SD et all,

The open mike plan sounds cool. Any recommendations for places to meet up? As for nights, it appears that Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday are going to be the best bets.

And just for your, GrantDawg, I'll make sure I get lots of pictures from inside the 755 Club to post on my website.
Well, let me talk to SWMBO, 'cause I think we're going out Wednesday and Thursday evenings, but if not, Wednesday is a good one. There's a cool little place out in Conyers, near GrantDawg, with an Open Mic night that I'd like to play again anyway.