Old 12-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

PING: FX/West Wing/Prison Break Fans .. New FX Show

Sounds interesting. FX is on a roll with shows so I have high hopes for this:

Quote:
FX Network Developing 'AR2' with 'West Wing' Producer
Thursday, November 27, 2008

AR2The FX network is trying to make a groundbreaking hit by plotting a revolution on TV. The cable network is currently developing a new show called AR2 from Thomas Schlamme, producer on The West Wing, and Prison Break creator Paul Scheuring. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the pilot is about a group of Midwestern youths who ignite a second American Revolution.

Set in Michigan, which the home of the top Unites States automakers where "corporations undermine the common man and the government is not interested in helping [the common man]," AR2 is expected to explore how the revolting college students perceive patriotism, as well as the military and the law enforcement officers who oppose them.
Don't Miss

* 'The West Wing' and 'Weeds' Stars Team up for New NBC Comedy
* FX Network Developing 'AR2' with 'West Wing' Producer
* Bravo Sets Marathon Dates for 'Swingtown' and 'The West Wing'
* What Are They Up To? Melissa Fitzgerald of The West Wing
* What Are They Up To? Allison Janney of The West Wing

More on...The West Wing >>

AR2 is quite far from Schlamme politically themed drama, The West Wing, a series that centered on the President and his staff through particular legislative or political issues.

"West Wing in some ways was wish fulfillment, and it looks like to a degree it has become a reality," Schlamme said, referring to the election of Barack Obama. "This one is a cautionary tale, that this is a journey we're on and we have to constantly be aware so it doesn't happen."

Scheuring, on the other hand, sees the project as "Les Miserables in modern America."

AR2 marks the unexpected team up of Schlamme and Scheuring for the FX network as they decided to become free agents following a long relationship with WBTV and 20th TV, respectively. The Prison Break creator had been pondering on the idea for a while and opted to take it to Schlamme, who is an American history buff.

"It is an analysis of what is a patriot," Schlamme said of the FX network project.

Aside from the aforementioned shows, Schlamme is also credited for his work on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, while Scheuring has worked in A Man Apart and Briar & Graves.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I like both Prison break and the West Wing, but I'm not sure about this. I guess I will need to see an episode or two, but doesn't sound that great to me.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
KWhit
Coordinator

That sounds like it could be good.

Just hope it's not another Red Dawn.

WOLVERINES!!!!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote