Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 7!!! Files due Sunday February 15 at 3 PM Est

Week 7 Schedule

#25 Colorado vs Iowa State
#3 Arkansas @ Auburn
Cinncy @ UConn
#8 North Carolina vs #7 Va Tech
#11 Kentucky vs South Carolina
#6 Pitt @ USF
#20 Virginia vs Memphis
#21 NC State @ #23 Clemson
#5 Texas A&M @ #4 Oklahoma State

I'll be gone this weekend, but I expect to be back Sunday afternoon, so you'll get an extra 12 or so hours tacked on.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Showdown in Stillwater.

Ironhead, what's your deal? I'm gone for the weekend too, could play Friday afternoon and then pretty much any night this week (maybe not tonight). Let me know what times work for you.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

First time ranked in EBFL and I leap-frog NC State in the process.

Sweet .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
First time ranked in EBFL and I leap-frog NC State in the process.

My upcoming win at a ranked Clemson team will set all that right
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We bounce back and beat Iowa State 70-3. Balanced effort by everyone. DB Chiyoke Brown pulls in his 7th INT of the season, and Walter Butler, our true freshman slot WR has 4 TD's.

Darrell Scott also goes over 200 yards again.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
My upcoming win at a ranked Clemson team will set all that right

You trying to say my upcoming win against Memphis doesn't matchup with that?

oh, right.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Hey, Brian. Let me know when you wanna play. I'm available every day after 3:30 pacific
Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Hey, Brian. Let me know when you wanna play. I'm available every day after 3:30 pacific

How about Wednesday? I've got a dentist appointment at 4:00 your time, but I should be home around 5:00. I'd be willing to play any time between then and about 9:00 your time (I am CST). As a backup plan, I should be available most of Thursday night. Plan C is pretty much any time on Saturday.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Wednesday at 6 central?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

If you can make it 7 central, we should be OK.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
If you can make it 7 central, we should be OK.

Sounds good!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
Radii
Head Coach

NC State goes into Death Valley and comes through in a must win game that will go a long way towards deciding the winner of the ACC Atlantic Division.

Defense wins the day as we hold Clemson to 175 yards of total offense and only 3 points.

Roberts was a workhorse today, carrying 38 times for only 124 yards, but he got 3 TDs.

#21 NC State 24
#23 Clemson 3

We host Florida State later in the year, but they already ahve 2 conference losses. We don't have to play Virginia or Virginia Tech, and should easily win the rest of our games. With this win NC State is the clear favorite to reach the ACC Title game.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Showdown in Stillwater.

Ironhead, what's your deal? I'm gone for the weekend too, could play Friday afternoon and then pretty much any night this week (maybe not tonight). Let me know what times work for you.

My availability this week. All times EST.

Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: anytime after 7 PM
Wednesday: only time would be if we started just after 10 PM
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #14
Logan
Head Coach

Let's shoot for tomorrow then.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #15
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas rolls again beating Auburn 69-8.

Arkansas showed that they aren't just a running team as Tyler Wilson went 19-31 for 319 yards and 4 touchdowns. His backup Andrew Turner was 3-3 for 81 yards and 2 touchdowns.

The ground though was still highly effective. Ricky Bowling ran the ball 19 times for 180 yards and 2 touchdowns while De'Anthony Curtis ran the ball 18 times for 168 yards.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
NC State goes into Death Valley and comes through in a must win game that will go a long way towards deciding the winner of the ACC Atlantic Division.

Defense wins the day as we hold Clemson to 175 yards of total offense and only 3 points.

Roberts was a workhorse today, carrying 38 times for only 124 yards, but he got 3 TDs.

#21 NC State 24
#23 Clemson 3

We host Florida State later in the year, but they already ahve 2 conference losses. We don't have to play Virginia or Virginia Tech, and should easily win the rest of our games. With this win NC State is the clear favorite to reach the ACC Title game.

And UVA cruises to a 49-7 win after going into cruise-control midway through the 3rd against Memphis.

Looks like it is setting up nicely for NC State vs. the winner of UNC/UVA. That is assuming that we can both get past VT.

On the recruiting front - We look to have the #2 K in the class locked up - his bar is full, but he hasn't committed yet. We are doing very well on several other recruits. We should have a class dominated by mid-level 4* guys which should help. We have a TON of high-end seniors this year and I think next year could be a bit of a stumbling block for us because of our two bad recruiting years.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #17
Ironhead
College Prospect

Another year sees us go down swinging to Logan's OK State squad. Final was 42-30 and it really wasn't quite that close. We had a glimmer of a comeback hope with the score 35-24 at the start of the 4th quarter but then Logan led a massive "3 yards and a cloud of dust drive" that ate up almost the entire quarter and led to his last score.

Again, great game Logan. Here's hoping my youngster progress faster than yours...it's my only hope to ever getting out of 2nd place in the North division.

Next week we face our other Big 12 foe when DeToxRox brings Darrell Scott & Co. to town.

Last edited by Ironhead : 02-10-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

Ha...yeah that was probably the longest drive I've had with this team in the 2.5 seasons by far. Thanks man. There were a couple interesting plays, like when I moved outside the pocket with my QB and as he kept rolling, Charles Mays broke completely free. I was about to get him the ball (the B receiver) but I apparently just crossed the line, which led to Tepper executing a spin move...when hit, he fumbled. Then there was the time Mays was open on a post corner but I tried to really zip it in there and you broke beautifully on the ball for that INT TD.

REALLY glad I didn't have to deal with The 12th Man this season, and thankful that Hardy didn't destroy me (although he came damn close on that diving catch).

I had a bunch of big recruits that I believe we were both after coming in for this, so hopefully that helps push us towards the top for them.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #19
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Looks like it is setting up nicely for NC State vs. the winner of UNC/UVA. That is assuming that we can both get past VT.

It looks quite likely this year that the 3 best teams in the ACC are all in your division. Do you ahve to play Clemson or FSU this season?

It does appear that, other than my game against FSU, who seems to behaving a down year, I can pretty much coast to the ACC title game now that I've beaten Miami and Clemson.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #20
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Don't want Karl banned, so I am fixing this for him. NSFW.

EDIT of the EDIT, by me (Karl): Shut up Detox, you anus.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 02-11-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:32 AM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
It looks quite likely this year that the 3 best teams in the ACC are all in your division. Do you ahve to play Clemson or FSU this season?

It does appear that, other than my game against FSU, who seems to behaving a down year, I can pretty much coast to the ACC title game now that I've beaten Miami and Clemson.

I already played (and beat) Clemson. I forget whether I have FSU/Miami on the schedule, I'll have to check.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

I hate being done with human teams.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #23
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Pittsburgh was upset by USF with a 38-27 final score. This game was fairly close for most of the game, but I was clearly the second best player in the game.

Great game Karl. I had no answer for your speedy receiver.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #24
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Pittsburgh was upset by USF with a 38-27 final score. This game was fairly close for most of the game, but I was clearly the second best player in the game.

Great game Karl. I had no answer for your speedy receiver.

Great game Brian. You were much more than a worthy opponent. Yeah, my WR Mitchell really came through for me with a couple big catches.

It's tough to win on the road against a human team. Those account for two of my losses so far this season, so I know how tough it can be.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #25
wade moore
lolzcat

Mike - looking ahead, I know we play next week. Next week is a bit crazy for me, so if we could nail down the day early that would be good. Best for me would probably be Wednesday night if you're available. Like around 6:00 or 7:00?

Quote:
Old 02-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #26
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Wednesday looks fine for me but I wont be home until around 8. If you need to play earlier in the day Mon around 6 could work.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 02-13-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #27
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Wednesday looks fine for me but I wont be home until around 8. If you need to play earlier in the day Mon around 6 could work.
Let's stick with Wednesday. 8 works.

Quote: