illinifan999
EagleFan
VPI97
mrskippy
JeeberD
cubboyroy1826
Radii
TheLionKing

The first challenge is different from all of the other challenges that you will have during this game. Must like the first challenge of the last season, both teams can win immunity, and both teams can lose and go to tribal council. It is important to know about who you are playing with. For this challenge, all that you need to do is write up a short Bio of yourself. If 100% of your tribe writes their bio before the deadline, then your tribe will earn immunity. This is not race, if 100% of the other tribe has posted their bio, do not give up. Remember that you can still post yours and earn immunity.

The deadline is midnight (pacific) on Tuesday.

One exception, MrBug708 has told me that he is going out of town for a week. I am extending his (not the rest of his team’s) deadline until next week Tuesday.

Last edited by stkelly52 : 08-03-2003 at 08:34 PM.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Ok, I'm assuming we post in this thread.

I was born on May 3, 1988. I lived in Lake Villa right next to the lake till I was about 4. My bed covers were trucks, cars, planes, etc. The toy room had pink carpet. My neighbors adopted two african-american girls. I pretty much hung out with them. When I was 4 we moved into a new neighborhood in Spring Grove, Illinois. Our house was the second house in the neighborhood to be built as a home. The only other house was across the street. They had a girl who was one yaer older, and a boy one year younger. I hung out with them. I went to a pre-school till I started the first grade. Then I went to a babysitters house. The woman who babysitted me also adopted 2 african-american girls. Until I was about 11 I went there. When I hit 12 I got to stay home alone. When I was in the sixth grade it was announced that two grade schools would combine next year to make a junior high. The problem with this was that the two schools were major rivals in sports. Well the school sucked, but I made a ton of new friends. Last year I started high school. In my freshman year I didnt take a study hall, and earned a 4.3 GPA. Next year I stand to take many hard classes, Chem Honors, Algebra 2 H, etc. I also won the junior high's National Geography Bee 2 years in a row, and came in second place at my grade school in the 6th grade.

Sports:

Started Baseball when I was 5. Started basketball when I was in the third grade. Started football freshman year of highschool.
In baseball I was named to the leauge's all-star team every year. In 7th grade I joined a traveling baseball team. i think our 2 year record was something like 50-65. We had one tourny in Moline where we played 4 straight games in 96+ degree weather. Our final game we lost 21-1 after playing a team that went to the Little League World Series. In basketball my most memorable moment was when I hit a game winning free throw with no time remaining to win the championship. Also when I made the Fox Valley Team, which was the A team in the 8th grade. In football I played 3 games until I broke my arm which ended my season. This season it is looking like I'll start at CB and either start at wingback/reciever or be second string. This is for JV.

edit: To add something cool about my high school:

National High School Defensive Team Records

No idea of when it was last updated, but RB holds the record for fewest rushing yards allowed in a season.

Last edited by illinifan999 : 08-03-2003 at 09:55 PM.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:43 PM   #3
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

VPI97
I was born in the town of Bluefield, WV...specifically in the Bluefield Sanitarium, which was also the birthplace of Nobel prize winner John Nash (A Beautiful Mind). I spent the first nine years of my life in the nearby mining town of Northfork, WV before moving across the state line to Virginia, where I became a 1992 graduate of Graham High School. In high school, I was a four sport letterman (football, wrestling, baseball, golf) and made it to the state tournament in wrestling my senior year (24-6 record for the year). Our football team won the state championship my sophmore year, when we were highlighted in USA Today for being the last high school team in America to be scored upon (eight straight shutouts to start the season). After graduation, I attended Virginia Tech through academic scholarships and majored in Industrial Engineering. The first few years of the engineering curriculum left me wanting something different, so I transferred to VT's Colllege of Business where I eventually received my degree in Management Science & Information Technology. Not only did I obtain my degree in college, but I also obtained a wife and a daughter (Morgan). The three of us moved to Atlanta following my graduation, where we remain today. Atlanta has seen stints in the IT departments of Norfolk Southern Railroard, Alcan Aluminum Corp and (currently) the Supply Chain Solutions division of United Parcel Service. We also gained a new addition to our family two year ago when my son, Evan, was born.

Last edited by VPI97 : 08-03-2003 at 09:44 PM.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 11:56 PM   #4
korme
Go Reds

Shane Christopher Kormelink. Named after a Days of our Lives character. Thanks mom.

Born and raised in Milford, Ohio, essentially in the same spot my whole life -- 17 years
I lived next to my best friend (before he moved away) and my other best friend was across the street. My other neighbor poisoned and killed my best friend's two dogs when I was like 7. A year later on Thanksgiving, my dog was killed when a car hit him and drove off. My grandma died about 10 years ago of an aneurysm (sp?). She went to the same local bar nearly every day, but one day slipped off of her stool and busted a vessel in her head. I hardly knew her. A few years ago, my grandpa suffered a heart attack and a month later was back smoking. He is in the first stages of alzheimers, and he asks the same question 25 times in 25 minutes. I realize this is all coming pretty random, really no structure.

I am entering my senior year of High School, putting off SAT and ACTs until the new year starts up. My GPA is not something to be proud of, especially when my older (and only) brother is on the Dean's List at Cincinnati.

I hang out with the same 5 kids every day of the year, barring work or some other event. They are like brothers. Usually when there is nothing going on in the dull place of Milford, my house is the chill spot. Oh yeah, let me back up. I live on state route 131 in Milford, which is just a big street with houses down it. My old house is in front of my new house. Yes, when living in my old house, we used our 2 acres of land and built our new house behind it basically. It worked out great because there is a ton of privacy, we kept the same address and phone number and have been here since February 1, 1997.

I do not have my license. I guess I'll just wait 'til I'm 18, but everyone else drives, so there really has been no hurry for me. I broke up with my last girlfriend the night after Prom, and didn't have any plans to do so.

All I have been listening to lately is the new Brand New cd, Deja Entendu. One of their songs is making it on the stations, and that is cool for them. Awesome, awesome cd. I know all of the words to the 2nd track, which is the hardest song in the world to memorize, but I've done it. Oh, how irrelevant this is.

I drink Mountain Dew religously. I don't take any of the cans downstairs though, until night so whenever my dad comes into my room and sees the 5 or 6 cans, he always uses the same line: "Startin' a can collection?" Heh, my dad. I could go on about him forever, but this is about me, I guess.

I have a bunch of pictures on my wall, all of the framed ones: Kenyon Martin celebrating going to the finals, Allen Iverson pointing to the air with his index, Satchel Paige, Josh Gibson, Cool Papa Bell, Clemente/Mays/Aaron, Ali over Liston -- 1st round/1st minute, Barry Larkin, Corey Dillon autographed, Oscar Robertson autographed, Babe Ruth's retirement, Jackie Robinson stealing home, Michael Jordan dunking from the foul line, the Cincinnati Enquirer- 4,192: Pete Singles Past Ty Cobb. That's it.

Heard about FOF a few years ago, an old, old green site but it didn't seem like anyone ever posted there. I don't think it was the Sideline. Somehow, I found the FOFC and was basically a lurker. I came out of the lurking closet during the whole TCY debate with rex, I believe, about 2 years ago. I still feel I don't really get much respect from certain people here, but that is the way things go.

I think that sums it up.

--
EDITED for name.

Last edited by korme : 08-04-2003 at 12:25 AM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:00 AM   #5
Blade6119
Coordinator

ill post my bio tomorrow night..got to go on a date now...dont expect to be home till late
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:16 AM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

My name is Jeremy and I was born May 9, 1977 in Fort Worth, Texas. I loved in Fort Worth for my first year, then my family moved to El Paso, TX. We lived there for four years, then we moved to Frankfurt, Germany (if you haven't guessed already, my father was in the Army). After three years in Germany, we moved back to El Paso. Another three years were spent in El Paso, then we moved back to Germany, this time to Stuttgart. We lived there for four years (and in my final year there I was Loud, I was Proud, I was a Stuttgart Stallion!). We then moved back to El Paso for my sophomore year of high school. My dad then retired from the Army and moved us to Highlands Ranch, Colorado, where I graduated in 1995.

I attended Colorado State University for one year, was very unhappy there, so transfered to UTEP (where the rest of my family had graduated from college at). I spent a year and a half there, had way too much fun, ran out of money, and moved in with my childhood best friend in Abilene, Texas. I attended a junior college there in Abilene for a while. After two years there, I decided I need to get back in school, in the process changing my major for the third time (biology to history to bcis). So I decided to attend the University of North Texas in Denton, and here I have lived since. I stopped attending UNT after a year since I decided that bcis wasn't for me either, entered North Central Texas College (a local junior college) and decided to go back to my roots, major wise. I'm now a nursing major, and hopefully I won't change my major any more. Time to graduate and get a real job. I can only take so much of working at Olive Garden.

I have been dating the same wonderful woman for almost four years now (our anniversary is in a week and three days). I have an older brother and sister who both live in the DFW area, and my parents still live in Colorado. My sister is married and she has given me the two cutest neices anyone could ask for...

Umm, guess that's all the important stuff. Good luck to everyone!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 01:32 AM   #7
MrBug708
Head Coach

Kyle Wesley Kappe, not named after a Days of Our Lives Character, but have watched it off and on since I was pretty much a baby and I know who Shane Christopher is actually. First born to my parents, I had a thin head of hair that was a white blondish color. It was so blond in fact that I won a Trophy for having the blondest hair. Nevermind the fact that it was in a city that was probably 15% white at the time. Played sports most of my childhood, but I was a dork growing up. Combed over hair and glasses. Luckily I was actually good in baseball. I led my city in hits, doubles, triples, runs, RBI's, stolen bases, walks, and ERA. Sadly, the ERA was on the wrong side of the level. 8 pitches; basesloaded triple to a girl named Ilene who probably could have bench pressed me and then the next guy hit a single and the inning was over due to 8 runs being scored. I had come on in relief. Went to two HS's and transferring the middle of Junior yera because I was a C student. Went to public HS and managed almost a 4.0 the rest of my days. Going to JC because it's cheap and then off to Cal Poly where I plan to major in Hospitality and Restuarant Management where I either want to work at a resort in Florida (Spring Break Liason baby!), Own my own sports bar (3 am World Cup!), or own my own Club (No cover charge for the Ladies). I'm a diehard UCLA fan and I like the local Los Angeles teams, different ones more then others. Lakers, Dodgers, Kings > Clippers, Angels, and Ducks and the Galaxy just rock IMO. I have a sister who is 17 and a brother who is 12. He's 5-8 and wears a size 12 shoe, which is the same size as me. Scary stuff huh? My dad is 6-7 and about the only time I'll ever be able to kick his ass is when I'm 40 and he's nearly 70.

Oh, and Shorty? Belle from DOOL is HOT!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:00 AM   #8
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBug708
Sadly, the ERA was on the wrong side of the level. 8 pitches; basesloaded triple to a girl named Ilene....

LOL. that is hilarious
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 01:00 PM   #9
digamma
Torchbearer

I was born and raised just outside of Atlanta. I grew up with four sisters at my mom's house (I was in the middle) and I also had a sister and two brothers at my dad's house (I am the oldest there). None of my siblings are "full"--in that two are step sisters, one is a step brother and the others are all half. I went to Stone Mountain High School. Graduated in 1994 as valedictorian. Wrestling was my main sport in high school, but I also ran cross country for three years, played football for a season (we didn't win a game or score that year), and played golf for a season. I went to Harvard for college. Loved Cambridge and Boston and had a great time overall. I played rugby there, and was even voted MVP by my teammates my junior year. (This year's Harvard team came in second in the nation--we never made it out of the Northeast when I was in school.) I graduated in 1998 and went to law school at the University of Virginia. My third year there, I played golf 4-5 times a week and lived on a mountain overlooking Monticello. Obviously this tends to bias perceptions a bit, and I now aspire to retire to Charlottesville.

The fall after I graduated from UVA, I got married to my college girlfriend, and I moved to Los Angeles, where she was working for one of the studios. I began practicing with a large law firm where I do corporate transactional work, mainly of the mergers and acquisitions variety. We just bought a house that we'll move into this fall.

I'm a huge Georgia Tech fan (but I did cheer for Harvard when they played GT in basketball in the 2001 season). I also cheer for Atlanta's pro sports teams, but my true love is college football.

The other potentially relevant thing to this board is that my dad is a high school football and wrestling coach, and in fact, coaches at SkyDog's beloved Tucker High School. My brother is also a senior there this fall (a back-up center who should see the field a decent amount this fall). I've never met Da Dog, as I don't get back to Atlanta as much as I'd like, but I'm thinking about having some faith and booking a ticket for the second weekend in December, on which the state semifinals are played in the Georgia Dome.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 01:58 PM   #10
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I am 26 years old and reside in Indianapolis, IN. My wife and I have a three year old daughter named Lily. I have been married for almost three years, but my wife filed for divorce at the beginning of the year because I am an asshole. I currently must pay her $50/week on top of child support. My wife still tells people that I don't provide her with any money in her bid for sympathy and to turn my friends and family against me. One of my ears is mildly deformed. I have a dog who occasionally bites me and routinely pees on the floor. I could not afford to pay bills anymore after the seperation so I had to advertise on the net for a roommate. I finally found someone who moved in with me last month and is going through a seperation herself. She is a hippie. One of her bumper stickers reads "I'm phine" and another says simply "dope". Whenever I turn my head to the left my neck makes a clicking noise. I won tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins once on the radio by farting on the air. I lived a year in Tokyo as an exchange student. I dislike "the little people" and unreasonably believe them to be secretly scheming against me.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 08-04-2003 at 02:05 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:16 PM   #11
tucker342
Pro Starter

My real name is Arthur James Tucker, but I go by AJ Tucker. I was born in Los Altos California, on September 24th, 1985. I have three brothers Matt, who will be turning 24 in November, Paul who is 23, and Mark who is 14. My family and I moved to Iowa City in June of 1990. Our first house, was about a mile outside of Iowa City, in the country. When I was in 6th grade we decided to move into town, so we bought a house that is about two blocks away from the High School that I go to now.

Besides starting High School, getting busted by my parents for alcohol, taking my first hit from a pipe, and losing my virginity, my life has been pretty uneventful
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:20 PM   #12
korme
Go Reds

ajtuck.. ajtuck... oh my, i had no idea our own tucker was an original JBL owner! lol
Old 08-04-2003, 06:22 PM   #13
korme
Go Reds

And why, for some reason did I think tucker was a freshman in High School?
Old 08-04-2003, 07:16 PM   #14
Blade6119
Coordinator

i think stkelly put the teams up for an age showdown....seems like all the highschoolers on the Colossal Squid Tribe...tucker...shorty...i...mrbug is close...hmmm
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:32 PM   #15
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
ajtuck.. ajtuck... oh my, i had no idea our own tucker was an original JBL owner! lol

Is that league still going on?
Old 08-04-2003, 09:33 PM   #16
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
i think stkelly put the teams up for an age showdown....seems like all the highschoolers on the Colossal Squid Tribe...tucker...shorty...i...mrbug is close...hmmm

I bet it's a conspiracy!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:01 PM   #17
mckerney
Coordinator

Alright, I'll throw mine in.

From western Wisconsin and I have the same name as a football coach from a major college program in Iowa, and my nickname is MC (you should be able to tell from that, but if not check 'A Season for Ham'). Currently 18 with a birthdate on Sept. 22, and will be attending the University of Minnesota this fall.

Other info is I played football all four years in high school, playing corner the first three then noseguard the final one. Broke arm playing snow football in my junior year of highschool, which was a bitch being I still have a metal plate in my elbow which hurts like hell whenever I hit it. Fan of Minnesota sports. Not real good at writting or talking about myself, so I'll just close with an enemies list:

1. The Kingston Trio
2. My Brother Rob
3. Rick Rickert
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:08 PM   #18
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119

illini's a youngster and he's in the solecismic tribe...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:17 PM   #19
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Actually the teams were put together totally randomly.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:18 PM   #20
mrskippy
Banned

I'm 28 years old, live in the wonderful hamlet of Manteca, Calif., about an hour south of Sacramento and an hour or so east of the San Francisco Bay Area. I am single, a virgin, and currently unemployed from the newspaper business. I'm looking for a career change and am in the process of becoming a substitute teacher. I went to The Master's College, earning a bachelor's degree in communication. Baseball is my favorite sport and I've always been an A's fan. I also am a Giants fan, since it is my policy to always support and get behind my local team. I also love the Sacramento Kings, Oakland Raiders and San Jose Sharks. In my freetime I love to surf the Web, play computer games (especially text-based sims), and hang out on a message board dedicated to FOFC, where most people consider me to be a typical asshole. That's all I can think about myself right now.
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:39 PM   #21
Radii
Head Coach

I'm Richard Allen Dixon II, hence RADII as a handle(yes, I was somewhat of a geek in college). I'm 26, live in Northeast Atlanta(Duluth, specifically), and work for a company called ProxyMed, a healthcare clearinghouse. I'm currently a Java Programmer.

I grew up in Wake Forest, North Carolina, living in the same house until I was 18, and I went to college at Georgia Tech. It proved to be waaaay too dificult for a simpleton such as myself, and I dropped out after 2 1/2 very difficult years.

College basketball is my first sports love, and I've been a Tar Heel fan my entire life. Georgia Tech did turn my loyalty their way in football. I like the Panthers in football, and am a die hard Cubs fan(they're going to the playoffs THIS YEAR dammit). I hate the NBA, but I used to halfheartedly root for the Hornets until they moved out of town. Hockey sucks.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:58 PM   #22
TLK
Pro Starter

Born on August 14, 1980 in Dearborn, MI. Lived in Dearborn until we moved out to Trenton during my senior year (1998). I attended Eastern Michigan University for about two years. In the middle of my first year I met my ex-girlfriend, who convinced me to move down to Fremont, OH. I continued taking classes at the community college, while working at a grocery store down here. My girlfriend and I, called it quits, after I skipped out on a wedding where she was the maid-of-honor, and I threw a birthday party for a friend at our house. Needless to say she wasn't too happy with me but I decided to remain in Fremont, and still to this day rent my house from her dad. I worked at the grocery store in management until it closed up last month. Currently, I'm enjoying the rest of the summer, and will return to taking classes in September. I'm about a year and a half away from a degree in elementary education, but am not really sure if I'll end up in that field.

As of now, I'm content being single and really don't plan on getting serious with anyone, anytime soon. My family is all still in Michigan. My mom and dad recently opened up a flower shop and are doing well with it. I have three sisters varying in age from 7 to 23. The 23 year old graduated from Notre Dame and will be starting medical school at Michigan State later this month. Both of my little sisters are both very bright, and look to have great futures.

Lately, I've been going to a bunch of concerts. I attended the Warped Tour this weekend, and will be heading over to Chicago in two weeks, to see Alkaline Trio for the fifth time this summer. My free time is spent on my computer and watching movies, where my DVD collection is approaching 400. Football is a passion of mine. From August to the Super Bowl, I live and die with the Lions. One thing with being a fan of the Lions, is that it has turned me into a realist, and I've learned not to expect too much from them. I'll be happy with 6 wins this year. Besides football, my other passion would be Champ Car racing. Although, they're going through some tough times, (to put it mildly) they still provide the best racing.

That's all I can think of.....

TLK

Last edited by TLK : 08-04-2003 at 10:59 PM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:31 PM   #23
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker342

yeah, you must never visit the ootp threads much. marmel and i are always lookin' for cheap plugs

(like this! japball)
Old 08-05-2003, 12:13 AM   #24
Swaggs
Coordinator

(hey stkelly, disregard my PM)

Hey guys...my name is Charlie Swager.

I am 26-years old, have been married for about 7 months, and was born and raised in Morgantown, WV. I graduated from Morgantown High in 1995 and West Virginia University in 1999 with a BA in Liberal Arts. Following graduation I worked for the US Dept of Commerce for a year as a computer tech, an insurance company for a year and a half as a claims adjuster, and for my family business as a carpenter for a little over a year.

I have lived in Medina (near Akron), OH, Pittsburgh, PA and just recently moved to Durham, NC (in June) with my wife. I am currently unemployed and looking for work. I really have not been crazy about any of my career paths and am still searching to improve my life in that aspect. My wife and I bought our first home here in Durham, so I have been getting use to the perks and responsibilities of being a homowner.

My hobbies are home improvement, OOTP leagues (in one of which I am a co-commish), and watching films. My favorite sport is baseball and I am a major, major Pittsburgh Pirates fan. One of my favorite things to do is to travel to WVU football games. Last season I went to every home game and two away games (including a great last second win at Pitt in Heinz Field).

My favorite music to listen to is anything by the Smashing Pumpkins, Counting Crows, Pearl Jam or Neil Young. I guess I like depressing music. I like travelling and going to see movies or sporting events with my wife, who is suprisingly patient with my interest in sports. I also like horror novels (my favorite authors are Richard Laymon, Stephen King, Nelson Demille and Richard Matheson) and films.

Also....I hate Hattrick.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 03:14 AM   #25
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ooo...I wish I could add the I hate Hattrick

Wait, it's in my profile, does that count?
Old 08-05-2003, 10:52 AM   #26
Swaggs
Coordinator

If the Hattrick Heads still read this forum, I probably just cost my self the popular vote.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:03 AM   #27
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

For all of you who are interested, everyone from the Colossal Squid Tribe except for Blade6119 have posted about themselves

From the Solecismic Tribe we are still waiting to hear from EagleFan and cubboyroy1826

Today is the last day to post. if everyone on your team does not post their bio then you will head off to tribal council
Old 08-05-2003, 11:38 AM   #28
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am 33 and have lived in South Jersey all of my life. I am an avid sports fan and have always been a bit of a computer geek, so text sports sims seem to be a natural draw.

I have been married for 9 years, as of yesterday (which is why I'm just getting the bio up now). We have a 2 year old, who will be 3 in October, daughter.

I graduated from Cumberland Christian School in Vineland, NJ in 1987. We had the lasrgest graduating class in school history (not sure if it still stands) at 29 people.

I played baseball in little league, high school and then a little semi pro in my early 20's. I was an all-star pitcher thoughout little league but the highlight was my team winning the city championship in my second to last season in little league. That team seemed to have a curse on it though as 2 of my teammates were killed before even getting out of high school (1 in a car accident and the other in a three wheeler accident). In both cases a drunk driver was involved.

I worked in the casino industry as a programmer for several years before being laid off last year after the company that I worked for was bought by the competition and majorly downsized. I have been doing contract programming and web design work in that time, still looking for a full time job in the industry.

My musical tastes vary. I have listened to anything from classical to heavy metal. The one type of music that I can't stand is rap, unless it's something along the lines of Will Smith.

My favorite sports are football, baseball, lacrosse and hockey. I like college basketball better than pro. I don't mind watching soccer, especially world cup time, but you won't find me on hattrick.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 11:46 AM   #29
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay here we go. My name is Roy Paeth and i am 36. I have been very happily married for 11 years to Dawnmarie and have 4 wonderful children, Codey - 10, Conner 4, Gillian - 3 and Virginia 3.5 months. I currently live in Plainfield, Il and have been here for 7 years. I grew up in West Chicago, Il and lived there most of my life. I played soccer, baseball and wrestled most of my childhood. I joined the Army as a Junior in high school. For my summer break between my Jr and Sr year i went to basic training. After graduating i went for my advanced training. I decided to go full time military in 1986 since i really didnt want to go to college. I spent 4 years in Germany playing with helicopters. After leaving Uncle Sam i decided college was a good idea. After a few years of different sales jobs i finally settled in the mortgage industry and have loved it ever since.

As far as sports if its on tv i will watch it. My true love is football with baseball a close second. As far as video games i love ootp5 and ncaa 2004.

I love all forms of music but usually listen to WSCR sports radio.

Hope that is enuff.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 12:01 PM   #30
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker342

I never made the connection either. Now it just seems so obvious.

The league is still going. devaneyfan expanded the league by 4 teams which was a huge success, but then had to give up the commish role. Shorty and I are joint commishes now (I do the simming, shorty is the web master!). Stop by and check it out sometime tucker......link is in my sig.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 12:04 PM   #31
Swaggs
Coordinator

Is Shorty still in that league?
Old 08-05-2003, 12:07 PM   #32
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

For a while we thought he quit, but he seems to have returned for now.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 03:40 PM   #33
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

The Solecismics have completed their tasks and earned immunity. Now if Blade will just post his then both teams will have immunity.

By the way, make sure you spend a few minutes reading about each person. It might some day come in handy.
Old 08-05-2003, 05:47 PM   #34
tucker342
Pro Starter

stkelly, I'm going to be gone this Friday through next Tuesday, just thought you would like to know....
Old 08-05-2003, 07:08 PM   #35
Blade6119
Coordinator

Lets see if i cant end this challenge...My full name is Colton Thomas Mayes...a lot of my friends call me colt...my gf calls me dead sexy...your choice

Born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri. Love the city to death, and its sports teams rock(the rams are going back to the SB this year!) I moved from st. louis 4 years ago to philidelphia...spent two years in the smallest suburb ive ever seen before moving to scottsdale, arizona. Scottsdale is heaven on earth...perfect weather(gets hot but with 0 humidity its nicer then 80 degrees in st louis). Soooo many hot tan girls...they nicknamed my school barbie U. due to all the hot girls. Scottsdale was voted best place to live in america in 2001...

I live in a fairly nice house...we just got it appraised for about 3 million. The pool is by far my favorite part...weve got the caves and waterfall entrances just like the playboy mansion...my friends like to say my pool is nicer. None of my friends live near me, but are at least close....my 2 best frends are cool, but one is pretty messed up right now. His mom just died in a acar wreck. The other one just cant get a girl to save his life. I am a very social kid...i cant stay at home on a weekend night...met my current gf at the beggining of this summer...ironically at a party i was invited to becase the host really liked me...my friends think im a player, and this might be true most times, but for now im a one woman man...

Im currently heading into my junior year of high school at Desert Mountain...im 16 and drving a brand new ford explorer eddie bauer edition....I work at office max(exiting huh?). Im a member of the gifted program and currently hold a 4.2 GPA...i have a sister whos 19 and partying at ASU...shes majoring in business management, and i wish her the best. Im a history buff, and looove the civil war(at least when the girls arent arond )

Im a big time wrestler. Last year as a sophmore i was the only underclassman to wrestle varsity. I didnt do great, but my weight calss was senior heavy and i should be going to the state championships this year with my personal rival from our cross-town rival school chaparrel. We wrestled 4 times and we split it 2-2..were pretty good friends, but when we hit the mat he hate each other...i guess he brings out the best in me...I wrestled 52 matches last year, only won 10, but never got pinned...only wreslter on my team not to do so...

Im a big time country music fan...but i like the new age country. I cant stand the old banjo stuff...I love Kenny Chesney, Tim Mcgraw, and Chris Cagle...and it also doesnt hurt having all those fine girls in leather....hmmm....god bless leather. I like some punk rock, some r & b...not a big rap or heavy metal guy. I swear my best friend thinks hes black, and loves rap but cant stand country. We both purposely blare our music in the car just to torture the other...the other one almost does whatever i do, and im converting him to country in slow steps...

My dad and i are big time pepsi fans...we buy case upon case upon case and fly through them...we love that stuff, and the big k brand name stuff is pretty good...

Im kinda bossy at times which is part of why i love running things in FOF and TCY...i think i just stumbled upon it on the net one day...been here since before FOF 2001...

Hattrick....what to say..i could have been a beast...i joined the game after stumbling upon it as well back in like 2000...i got fed up with the system since no one helped me and quit...rejoined after the big rush earlier this year...won my division, but lost m promotion match...Heavyreign and i are in the same division, and i bested him last year...well see what happens...

Im the most cursed person in X-Com history...if you go back to all the old X-Coms(in the latest one my third character is doing well...not my first two though) i died all the time...i always died on the first mission...i think it was like 8 times in a row...oh well.

I think thats aboout it for the last guy...sry..heather wanted to hangout a lot the past 2 days, but shes headed to california tonight so m now focused on this game. Lets go colossul squids!
Demotivation
Old 08-05-2003, 07:13 PM   #36
MrBug708
Head Coach

Blade, if it's any help, I'm the second most cursed person in X-Com
Old 08-05-2003, 09:29 PM   #37
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I'm the most cursed person on X-COM. I'm already on Illinifan V.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #38
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ahem.

Sorry, unless you are named Cam Edwards or Coffee Warlord, you are not the most cursed person. We have awards named after us, thank you very much.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:44 AM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

At least I'm not older than everyone, Roy saved me. Now let's see if we can show these high school kids a thing or two.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote