Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
TheMeat
n00b

Post Your MVPs!!

I've been meaning to do this for a few seasons but always get distracted so I figured I'd do it now before everyone gets distracted by the offseason. I'd like to hear what everyone thought of their team's performance and more specifically what they liked about their individual players. I'll be handing out awards to my own players and I encourage everyone else to chime in with their own, this league moves so fast it's sometimes hard to keep up with everything and there's lots of stories going untold so here it goes:

Most Valuable Player
QB Ronald Diaz
Diaz finally broke the 100 mark for Rating while throwing for a league second-best 4766yds and leading the team to league second-best totals for yardage and points scored. Tossing 47tds and only 15 INT made this an easy call. Diaz has several good years left and fans are hoping he can bring home a championship.

Defensive Player of the Year
SS Gabe Mathews
Mathews put 107 tackles on the year and added 5 ints while posting an outstanding 85.7 PD%. This young superstar is the anchor of our defense that finished #3 overall in yardage allowed and #5 in points allowed.

Special Teams Player of the Year
SS Gabe Mathews
Mathews not only anchored the defense but gained 13.7 yards per punt return and 31.7 yards on his kickoff returns. He also scored 1 TD while handling the lion's share of the return duties.

Rookie of the Year
MLB Vince Mayers
Mayers blossomed into perhaps the best LB in the league during his rookie campaign, proving the scouts wrong as they had cited his inability to stop the run. He stopped nearly everything that came his way, compiling 88 tackles, 3 ints and 1 sack.

Unsung Hero Award
(For the Underpaid and Overworked)
RB Nolan Watkins
It's hard to imagine that a player earning 2,435 yards from scrimmage and scoring 25 total touchdowns could fly under any radar but in the Steelers' high-flying offense that is just the case. Watkins was the balance to Diaz's flair, setting team and personal records not to mention leading the league in carries, touchdowns and yards from scrimmage (for the second year running) and doing all that for only $3.3 million. Nolan Watkins, we salute you.

Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

Last edited by TheMeat : 09-06-2009 at 07:20 PM.
TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Sef0r
n00b

Meat, change your thread title for next season. You are right, I actually thought this was just a link to the main FOWL web awards.

Anyways.

Houston Texans OFF POTY
QB Derrick Wiggins - 11 years FOWL exp
One of only 3 players on this team left over from the FOWL's last ever draft Derrick Wiggins had to do it with no names on offence as I was too late to get my regular season export in on time. Wiggins had rookies to throw to and his most consistent throw to guy was now sitting in the 5th WR spot. NB to self, remember to submit regular season file.
With all of the rookies and non threat players on offense the Texans managed to win 12 games and Wiggins stats were pretty good.

65.8% completion for 3946 yards, 28 TDs and only 4 INTs (4 INT in 582 pass attempts mind you).

Houston Texans DEF POTY
DE Donnell Humphrey - 4 years FOWL exp
The 2nd best DE prospect in his class, Humphrey has been getting better every year. Playing in 539 pass plays he came away with 14.5 sacks, 25 hurries and 19 QBKd's or around about 7.9 PR%.

Special mention
WLB Michael Vance - rookie
Needed another OLB after letting go of someone asking for too much and picked Vance up just before TC for 450k, cheap. I may have missed my regular season sim but regardless his pre season stats showed he was a player and sure enough he was. Playing in the Nickle and Dime packages he registered 53 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 4 INTs and 10 PDef. Looks like I found a new LB in my passing packages.

Last edited by Sef0r : 09-06-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote