Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #151
Flasch186
Coordinator

are created fighters used in a SP career mode? or are they only for your own usage?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #152
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I have all of a sudden lost all my ability to transition. I am not sure what the hell is going on but I went on a horrid cold streak playing online vs a friend. I keep getting myself tapped. So frustrating.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #153
Travis
Pro Rookie

I've got one fight left in my HW career then I'll have a created guy ready for any online FOFC PS3 tournaments. On that note, what weights are people playing through at? I'm going to start up a new career once I'm done this one so will do so at a weight class that will work with what others will have ready.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My first career fighter is a HW Kickboxer. I'll be looking for a 360 tourney.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-26-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #155
Icy
Pro Starter

I have finished a career with a Light Heavy Weight in PS3 (advanced difficulty), 25-15 record if i remember well, but never held the belt, just fought for it once and lost.

He was mainly a heavy standing hitter, now i want to start another one with a ground guy as i have learned a lot in my past career.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #156
JS19
College Prospect

After having my first career guy basically a standup boxing type, I decided to start a new one concentrating most of my efforts on the ground. Its been a lot more fun, as I've been able to perform a couple subs, and I've been able to build my Muay Thai so I can grab him and use my strikes if I wanna switch it up a bit. I just finished a fight with Sylvia, and I was impressed. The few fights before I had no problem getting my opponents in the clinch, throwing them to the ground, and proceed to punish them. Sylvia was able to pretty much counter the majority of my takedown attempts, whether in the clinch or not, and reverse a lot of my ground movements. Wasn't until the 3rd round as he started to tire where I was able to get most of my takedowns and land a few more strikes, as I won a close decision.

Last edited by JS19 : 05-26-2009 at 07:41 PM.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #157
JS19
College Prospect

Curious if I'm doing something wrong or not...Muay Thai clinch. Is there a specific way to approach getting one locked in? Or does it mostly depend in stamina and such, and doing it at the most opportune time? I have my guy as a Muay Thai fighter, with a lot of my skills built up. I've been able to get it, but I don't know if I'm doing something differently when I do it, other than just pushing the right stick towards my opponent, or if I just so happen to get lucky and lock it in every now and then.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #158
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
I've been able to get it, but I don't know if I'm doing something differently when I do it, other than just pushing the right stick towards my opponent, or if I just so happen to get lucky and lock it in every now and then.

Add in the left shoulder bumper (360 controls....like a head kick/punch), when you're pushing the right stick to clinch upstairs, rather than at the waist.

Last edited by thesloppy : 05-27-2009 at 02:22 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #159
Travis
Pro Rookie

On the PS3 side, to lock in a MT clinch you have to press L1 while using the right analog stick to achieve said clinch. If you don't use L1 then you'll just get a regular style. If you end up only getting one hand behind his head, just keep holding L1 and flick the right analog again and the second hand should lock in as well.

Now depending on your clinch offense vs his clinch D, the clinch may not last long or you'll be able to go to town on him.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #160
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Had my first "Hell Yeah!!!" moment (or best one so far) as my 21-7 kickboxer got a shot at the heavyweight title. After landing some punishing uppercuts, constantleg kicks to keep the champ off guard and most importantly escaping a submission attempt I landed a monster of a head kick for the knockout to win the belt.

My reward is a chance to defend the title against Mir. Wanted to stay as far away from Noguera (sp?) as possible as I have not been able to escape his submissions in a couple attempts.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Had my first "Hell Yeah!!!" moment (or best one so far) as my 21-7 kickboxer got a shot at the heavyweight title. After landing some punishing uppercuts, constantleg kicks to keep the champ off guard and most importantly escaping a submission attempt I landed a monster of a head kick for the knockout to win the belt.

My reward is a chance to defend the title against Mir. Wanted to stay as far away from Noguera (sp?) as possible as I have not been able to escape his submissions in a couple attempts.

I had 6 straight successful title defenses before I made the mistake of fighting Noguera (sp?) for the first time. He submitted me with some type of freaky leg choke in under 2 minutes.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I had 6 straight successful title defenses before I made the mistake of fighting Noguera (sp?) for the first time. He submitted me with some type of freaky leg choke in under 2 minutes.

It seems like no matter how much I pounded him he eventually was able to get me down and submit me. Each time it took one take down and before I knew it I was tapping. Very frustrating. When I saw his name on the list of possible fights I decided to stay away from him for now.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:18 AM   #163
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:

Watch out for Mir, he's just as capable with the submission. I remember a fight with him, pounded the hell out of him, had him on the ground and went for some kicks and next thing I know the bastard has my leg wrapped looking like a pretzel.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #164
Calis
College Starter

Mir actually has a higher sub offense than Nog in the game, he's just not as high on the ground grapple to get to the nastier positions for subs. He's definitely a tough one though.

I've been working on creating a Fedor for play in exhibitions, and I'm milking the career system a bit so I can get him to a rating I'd like.

If anyone is interested in a couple ways to "game" the system- the easiest one I did was creating my Fedor as a created fighter and then using a copy to start a career. This allowed me to use the training camp logos to boost my creds. I slapped 10 Greg Jackson logos on and that's an extra 800 points a fight off the bat. Helps you get the boosts much sooner.

A couple other interesting things. If you really want to max your stats you need to lose fights. I noticed that sparring partners not only mimic the styles of the guy you are scheduled to fight, but they also seem to mimic the skill-level. The more you win the tougher they become, and when you lose they get easier. I think being ranked in the low teens or so gives you the best bang for buck that I've seen. It makes it much simpler to get 130-140 points a sparring session. The best luck I've had is making sure I pick fights against a stand-up guy so I don't have to worry about takedowns in sparring sessions. Then I either single collar clinch and spam uppercuts or just hit them with big hooks(I'm a boxer). The trick here is to get them dazed and knock them down, but don't finish the fight. You get little or nothing for a stoppage and that resets their health. If you don't finish you can easily knock them down 3-4 times a session and max your points.

You never take short fights and you never do the press events. You're going to get most of your attributes where you want them before you'd get the big equipment boosts anyway and every week is precious. I focus on nothing but Str/Spd/Sta for the first year or two. Get those where you want and then do nothing but spar. The high strength makes it pretty simple to knock down your sparring partner even with low standup skills.

I think from reading around people have been able to get fighters rated up to 110-115 overall. I'm not interested in that as I want Fedor to be on par with the tops in the division but slightly above, so I'm hoping to get him ranked 94-95 or so.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #165
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It seems like no matter how much I pounded him he eventually was able to get me down and submit me. Each time it took one take down and before I knew it I was tapping. Very frustrating. When I saw his name on the list of possible fights I decided to stay away from him for now.

I never did get my title back from him. The 2nd time we fought, he submitted me in about 3 minutes. The last fight of my career (just now) was a 3rd shot at him and this time he submitted me in 45 seconds. Building on what Calis said, my overall at the end of my career is only 79, although I'm a deadly striker, I never got well balanced enough and I think that was because of terrible sparring sessions in the later stages of my career.

Oh well, I'm going to try a lightweight submission expert now, but I have a feeling I'll never be able to roll the right stick or tap the buttons fast enough to be very good at it.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #166
JS19
College Prospect

I still suck at sparring, I never get the 144 points or whatever it is. I'm definitely gonna give your advice a try, as well as a few other things I've picked up on throughout this career. For you submission guys, and I'm assuming everyone else has already figured this out and I'm just catching up, but I've found it best that when you get your opponent on the ground, just keep blocking his transitions and his stamina drops in a heartbeat, then simply throw your sub on and there ya go.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

WOOT! Just got my 1st submission ever in the try out fight. Nice arm bar in the 2nd round. I also am bad at sparring. I've gotten 144 once in my whole first career.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:48 AM   #168
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
WOOT! Just got my 1st submission ever in the try out fight. Nice arm bar in the 2nd round. I also am bad at sparring. I've gotten 144 once in my whole first career.

Nice. Still looking for my first sub. Pretty much not gonna happen with my heavyweight, though he is a monster on his feet.

I have an issue with the camps now. It is taking me forever to get some of the points in kickboxing because I end up knocking the opponent down dazed with one of the required head kicks and he is taking forever getting back to his feet and I needed all standing attacks for the remaining tasks. The last few camps have gone this way (the last one I got three flash knockouts with the head kicks). I wish the sparring sessions went that way, I would be nailing 144 each time, as it is I haven't hit 144 yet.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I never did get a sub with my heavyweight. My lightweight has gotten submissions in his first 4 fights. I'm surprised how easy it is, but I'm sure it will be much harder once I start fighting the "real" fighters.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #170
Travis
Pro Rookie

Speaking of subs, I got my first with my HW in his retirement fight, an armbar against Cro Cop. I had tried to get one on Mir in the previous fight, but started getting into some trouble so fell back to the stand up game. Was pretty sweet to get one to finish my career with though.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #171
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fought Mir. Had to escape 3 submission attempts, luckily he tried them when I was not anywhere near winded. Kept getting him back to stand up and after softening him up with a couple head kicks I was able to lock him up and land a series of uppercuts that put him on the mat and gave me my first successful title defense.

This game rocks big time!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 12:37 PM   #172
JS19
College Prospect

I've had the same issue with the camps. I'll knock the guy out too often, or he won't get up, or when my tasks are all in the standing position, my opponent is constantly going for take downs. I just chalk it up to the idea that you can't always have a great camp. I'm not saying that's what the developers were going for, but it's how I justify it to myself.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #173
JS19
College Prospect

well, these dirty sons of bitches from whoever the hell makes the ufc game and sony have succeeded in their master plan. After trying a submission with this new palm motion I have recently been introduced to, which does work much better than trying to twirl that fucker with my finger, I have essentially destroyed my controller. Their evil plot to squeeze an extra buck out of their consumers has ended in success.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #174
thesloppy
Pro Starter

If you're on the Newegg mailing list, the 360 version of Undisputed is on sale for $40.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #175
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
If you're on the Newegg mailing list, the 360 version of Undisputed is on sale for $40.

It is now sold out.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #176
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just have to say I played the Demo today and I am off to hunt the game down.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #177
Logan
Head Coach

cartman et al, anyone still looking to grab this game for 360? I have to admit that while this game is certainly awesome, my lack of fighting game stick skills have me just sucking at this. With the football games coming out soon and me getting back into NHL 09, I just don't have time to get decent.

Figure before I head to ebay, I'd see if anyone here would want to take it off my hands. I've only popped it in a few times, works perfectly...seems to be going for $45 or so plus shipping on ebay, I'll let it go for $40 via paypal. Shoot me a PM, thanks.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #178
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
If you would have pinged my on Friday, I would have taken you up on the offer. I picked it up from Costco for $50 on Friday.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 AM   #179
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Anyone still playing this on the PS3?