Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
cgould43
High School JV

Top Foolers Z to A and back again

I'm looking to do a little something that may help me understand the league more and for some fun. Hopefully every weekday at least I'll do a new letter and pick the best current fooler. It may be fun and stir up some conversation.

Z
Only a few to chose from but I went with Sun Zhai, the current Chico Rebels LF. He'll be a FA tomorrow. Had a very good year this year with a 37.9 VORP, while batting .283/.387/.436 with 43 stolen bases and 19 HR's.

It was between Zhai and Zuniga. I went with Zhai because of the championship and his performance in the post season.
That got me thinking to what I should do. Should I do best that season or best player even if he had a bad year?
Hope everyone liked the first one. It should get better.

cgould43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I look forward to this, thanks!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

What a cool idea! I'm excited to read all of it!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
cgould43
High School JV

If anyone has any pointers I'd be happy to hear them as I don't do many articles. Also I'll probably talk to alan about exactaly how to put pictures and HTML lines in it and make it actually look good. Thanks for praise.

This is also a way for me to get a little more in this league, communication wise.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
muns
Pro Starter

Sweet. Looking forward to this one as well CG!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
cgould43
High School JV

btw...this is more towards alan for cleanliness of the forums. But what's better...new threads or keep it going in this one? My guess is keep it going in this one. Also I'm still contemplating if I chose the right guy. At first look I thought all of these were going to be easier than expected.
I figure by the time I get to Z again it'll be five years and Zuniga will be dominate by then.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgould43 View Post
btw...this is more towards alan for cleanliness of the forums. But what's better...new threads or keep it going in this one? My guess is keep it going in this one. Also I'm still contemplating if I chose the right guy. At first look I thought all of these were going to be easier than expected.
I figure by the time I get to Z again it'll be five years and Zuniga will be dominate by then.

I think Zhai was fine, he is a fairly well known player. New thread vs old thread, I would probably say just keep it going in the same thread unless it ends up being a ton more posts per letter.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
cgould43
High School JV

For the letter Y...todays selection is
Yin-Fat Yang from the Hammersmith Hooligans. While he did have one of his lesser years this year he still had a VORP over 13 and batted .280. It was between the vet Yang and the youngster Yamada. Yang had the better year this year and has put together quite a nice career and only had a negative VORP once. He's got one year left in Hammersmith which I'm sure will be another productive one.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I like Yang, although I wish he were a little more productive at the plate. But he brings a nice bat for a very solid defensive infielder.

Plus, he gives me two of the best "names" in the game, to go along with Po-Fu Gu.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
cgould43
High School JV

Sorry it's been so long, but there's been some things going on with my future in-laws family. Anyway on to the letter X. Unfortunately there is no X on a ML squad. So, I'll go with my favorite player on my FOOLX team, that would be Allen Hansen. He has pitched both a perfect game and a no-hitter (and he's available ).

But we'll move on to the letter W. I thought this may be hard b/c of the number of guys with last names that begin with this letter. But once I saw this player I knew he was the choice for this year and probably for many years to come. 3B Eiichi Watanabe was the best W player last year. He is the future for Hammersmith and could end up being one of the best players in the recent years of FOOL. He hits for average, hits for power and gets on base...and he's just beginning.