Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #51
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

PING: Gary and/or Shaun

I would love if either of you took up a new project for a hockey game, specifically Eastside Hockey Manager. I realize you have a hockey franchise (which I admittedly have never played), but I absolutely love the EHM series and was very disappointed when SI dropped it. There is an entire community wanting a new version of it.

I know this is just wishful thinking, but it can't hurt to put it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.

RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #52
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
thanks rjolley

to my knowledge i import them (i mean i go to "options" and do "import schedule" and it gives me a file browser so i navigate to the right folder and select the appropriate .psc file (the file type is locked to psc, and before i copied all the files and converted them to .psc so that there are both .psc and .txt for each year i couldn't see anything), and then click "okay" on the options tab and go back into my game. I get the standard "loading" dialog box (nothing like when you start a league in a year and it says "found the schedule file...importing" (paraphrased that obviously).

And yet every year the schedule remains the same. (I mean unless every year between 1901 and 1915 Boston opened against Baltimore in Baltimore?).

Or is it a problem with the fact I'm so far back in history that the schedules are not accurate? I must confess I haven't tried it with more modern years.
I haven't tried to load schedules that way. I used the popup that asks to import schedules at the beginning of the year. Do the abbreviations match up? Are there any teams missing? Maybe it tries to load the schedule then errors out.

Last edited by rjolley : 10-07-2009 at 10:31 AM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #53
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I haven't tried to load schedules that way. I used the popup that asks to import schedules at the beginning of the year. Do the abbreviations match up? Are there any teams missing? Maybe it tries to load the schedule then errors out.

it pops up for you at the beginning of every year? see it doesn't do that for me! for me it only did that the first year.

i don't think things wouldn't matchup - i started a historical association in 1901 and it loaded the 1901 schedule just fine...not sure why it would have had an error in 1902 and every year since...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-07-2009 at 11:01 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #54
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think it's great news and although I like ootp X, something about Puresim 1.87 (beta) keeps me coming back.

Looking forward to giving Shaun some cash for PS 2!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #55
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

WTF?

The development/publishing of this game has taken so many twists and turns it's crazy..
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #56
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
WTF?

The development/publishing of this game has taken so many twists and turns it's crazy..

Agreed Brett Favre most be co developer on this or something.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #57
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
it pops up for you at the beginning of every year? see it doesn't do that for me! for me it only did that the first year.

i don't think things wouldn't matchup - i started a historical association in 1901 and it loaded the 1901 schedule just fine...not sure why it would have had an error in 1902 and every year since...
Yes, it does for that league, but not for others. The league it does pop up for was setup as Real Major League Players - Career Mode. The one that doesn't was setup as PureSim Classic. Maybe that's the reason it's not working for you.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #58
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Agreed Brett Favre most be co developer on this or something.
lol. I almost signed my announcement that way.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #59
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Yes, it does for that league, but not for others. The league it does pop up for was setup as Real Major League Players - Career Mode. The one that doesn't was setup as PureSim Classic. Maybe that's the reason it's not working for you.

pretty sure mine was real major league players career mode...i think it had to be to auto-import and auto-draft everyone onto their teams in 1901...will check later though
Old 10-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Shaun - any thoughts on what might be causing my schedule-importing failure dilemma?

I'm only in 1915 and I've paused my playing so that I can try to get it worked out - it wouldn't bother me if it was just for that tiny window of time and I could salvage the association - i've already got like 4-5 World Series for the Sox in that timeframe, but I don't want to go much further forward with it goofed like that.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #61
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Shaun - any thoughts on what might be causing my schedule-importing failure dilemma?

I'm only in 1915 and I've paused my playing so that I can try to get it worked out - it wouldn't bother me if it was just for that tiny window of time and I could salvage the association - i've already got like 4-5 World Series for the Sox in that timeframe, but I don't want to go much further forward with it goofed like that.

As long as you only win 2 more after 1918!

Quote:
Old 10-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #62
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
As long as you only win 2 more after 1918!

Hellz no. As my brother put it "I'm considering it a failure if you don't outwin the Yankees."

My only issue is that being so good (overloaded with quality SP in particular), I'm missing out on so many of the great, iconic players that are coming up in the drafts.

And the trade-AI has them on like super-lockdown. I can offer 2-3 SP's who are exceptional (stuff >90, control >90) and be refused trades for a 19 year old Shoeless Joe for example. Sort of frustrating in some ways.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #63
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Hellz no. As my brother put it "I'm considering it a failure if you don't outwin the Yankees."

This will be difficult, but I give you kudos for trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
My only issue is that being so good (overloaded with quality SP in particular), I'm missing out on so many of the great, iconic players that are coming up in the drafts.

And the trade-AI has them on like super-lockdown. I can offer 2-3 SP's who are exceptional (stuff >90, control >90) and be refused trades for a 19 year old Shoeless Joe for example. Sort of frustrating in some ways.

I have never played historical seasons in any game. Probably fun, I should try it.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #64
watravaler
High School JV

Quote:
I would love if either of you took up a new project for a hockey game, specifically Eastside Hockey Manager. I realize you have a hockey franchise (which I admittedly have never played), but I absolutely love the EHM series and was very disappointed when SI dropped it. There is an entire community wanting a new version of it.

I know this is just wishful thinking, but it can't hurt to put it out there.

Agreed, FOH looks cool, but the lack of career mode is a total bummer.

Last edited by watravaler : 10-07-2009 at 03:25 PM.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #65
SunDevil
College Prospect

Shaun you will have to write a book that explains the last last couple of years...

Congrats, you've earned it and then some.

Looking forward to PS 2.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #66
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by watravaler View Post

We're going to have career play eventually - Brian Van Wyk (FOH developer) has devoted the last year simply trying to put the game back together in a useable format of a current programming language just so we could get even that version back on the market. It has been a massive challenge for him because the code was so old - I mean the game was released through .400 Software Studios in 2004 and I highly doubt the code was written just then.

Basically all Brian started with in redeveloping the game was the ability to see how the engine (which is very, very good) worked - he's had to put it back together from scratch. Once we get that version out he's going to turn his focus to making it a career sim.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #67
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by watravaler View Post

FOH? Haven't seen anything on this. Care to share a link?
jetpunk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #68
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This will be difficult, but I give you kudos for trying.

I have never played historical seasons in any game. Probably fun, I should try it.

not necessarily that difficult. started in 1901 and it's all about how the teams are developing over the years - it's divorced from real-life history as of 1901.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #69
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

weird - i just ran a 2002 real player season forward into 2003 and it picked up both 2002 and 2003

*shrugs* maybe i'll just start over.

well i started over and it's still not working with the early 1900's schedules.

what gives!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-07-2009 at 10:42 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #70
FBPro
College Starter

Very wierd results for one team, using 1.86 clean install sandbox mode drafted fictional players 20 team/2 league/2 div per league, computer drafted all took over random team yr 1 which was 2000. One team is 9-118 while the rest have typical records. Lowest era on team is 9.86. Anyonelse getting odd results?
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote