Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #2452
wahoomac
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
edit: It's gone downhill from there. I swear, McMahon is TRYING to drive people to TNA.

Maybe that's what McMahon is looking for...some competition. It wouldn't surprise me. Maybe he has a master plan where he builds up the rivalry between WWE and TNA and then, either turns around and buys them out, or actually starts putting out quality matches/angles/promos. I know it's a long-shot, but...
Old 12-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #2453
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

^^ intentionally destroying your product? sounds like an angle. i think they are just sucking ass right now. last night show was horrendous, ive lost all hope for the show to become better for the foreseable future so im no longer going to watch
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #2454
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
^^ intentionally destroying your product? sounds like an angle. i think they are just sucking ass right now. last night show was horrendous, ive lost all hope for the show to become better for the foreseable future so im no longer going to watch

I only saw a few minutes but the general disdain from both here & the 'net recaps match the dreck that I saw myself.

That said, it doesn't seem likely to help TNA much as they've been rendered pretty much unwatchable for me or my son from the horrible booking, the focus on has-beens, and the diminished role of most of what made them interesting in the first place.

And if the spoilers are correct
Spoiler
then the cycle of destruction of TNA will be complete and WCW Mark II will be in full effect.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #2455
Flasch186
Coordinator

A reverbbed NWO could be a good way to introduce the new TNA If, and only if, they disband it within weeks.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #2456
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
A reverbbed NWO could be a good way to introduce the new TNA If, and only if, they disband it within weeks.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Won't disappear until Hall and/or Waltman flake out yet again and even then Hogan has enough friends & relatives to keep it stocked for months.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #2457
MikeVic
Head Coach

So is Bret Hart going to the WWE in January? I was actually going to watch if that was true.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #2458
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
So eventually you wonder why he gets pushed so much.

Nobody is more of an corporate guy. He lives and breathes wrestling, so if McMahon wants him to do something, he does it.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #2459
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I only saw a few minutes but the general disdain from both here & the 'net recaps match the dreck that I saw myself.

That said, it doesn't seem likely to help TNA much as they've been rendered pretty much unwatchable for me or my son from the horrible booking, the focus on has-beens, and the diminished role of most of what made them interesting in the first place.

And if the spoilers are correct
Spoiler
then the cycle of destruction of TNA will be complete and WCW Mark II will be in full effect.

lol too funny
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #2460
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't watched a wrestling show in a very long time(although I do read this thread from time to time), but I'll be tuning in on Jan 4 to see the NWO reformed.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #2461
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah...probably. just to see that initial "pop"
Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #2462
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

horse dick. if they can't call them the nWo then what's the point?

None of them can wrestle anymore, that's for damn sure

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-23-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #2463
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

To stroke the egos of Hogan, Bischoff, and their cronies that can't work anywhere else at this point?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #2464
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
To stroke the egos of Hogan, Bischoff, and their cronies that can't work anywhere else at this point?

well yes...clearly. but i mean as a viewer...what's the point for me if they're not going to come out and be all "nWo BITCHEZ!!" That would at least get an old-school nod from me I guess and a cheap pop (as much as I was anti-nWo at the time).

Guess I should have thought about the trademark ownership and all before being like "hey that's cool"
Old 12-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #2465
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well yes...clearly. but i mean as a viewer...what's the point for me ...

Hey, you'll get all sorts of not-so-subtle references to it from all the various cool (they ain't) kids.

Coming soon to Spike TV: A two-hour wrestling program that features zero minutes of actual wrestling.

I'd rather see Cody Deaner take on Daivari in a lingerie match than watch these fucking worthless retreads.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #2466
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol well that's true. TNA has certainly become "retread city"
Old 12-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #2467
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

None of them can wrestle anymore, that's for damn sure

im thinking they may set up the 3 of them as the heels trying to call the shots so that hogan can establish himself as "the new sherrif in town" (which he has said about 3000 times on the BtLS show) by doing what no one else has ever been able to do...stop the nWo!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #2468
DeToxRox
Head Coach

They'll call them the Wolfpack, and Waltman will be the stand by for when Hall inevitably no shows.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #2469
PilotMan
Head Coach

I was catching up on some reading in Jim Cornette's website, when I came across this, that made me lol:

Most of all, they are confounded by seeking an answer to the biggest question of all, generally phrased as "Why in the flying fuck does Vince Russo have a job?"

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 12-23-2009 at 10:39 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #2470
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
So is Bret Hart going to the WWE in January? I was actually going to watch if that was true.

Guest host for Jan. 4th, 2010
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #2471
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I hope this isn't a really awful swerve by the WWE.

That said,

I am watching RAW on Jan. 4.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #2472
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The HBK/McMahon angle this week was an interesting setup for Bret's comeback.

Smells like an HBK heel turn, at least through Wrestlemania.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #2473
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
The HBK/McMahon angle this week was an interesting setup for Bret's comeback.

Smells like an HBK heel turn, at least through Wrestlemania.

Taker loves to stay in character as the "Deadman", but in Hart's book he talks a ton about Taker and the mutual respect they share for one another. They seem to be very close. I suspect HBK is going to get his WM rematch with Taker helping Vince with Bret, only for Vince to make it a tag team match with he and Shawn vs Bret and Taker.

Then I bet Shawn screws Vince and Bret locks him in the Sharpshooter.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #2474
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

another wrestling death

Dr Death Steve Williams
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #2475
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Apparently he was at the point where he would need to go through chemo EVERY SINGLE DAY just to keep the cancer from spreading, and he just let it go.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #2476
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Taker loves to stay in character as the "Deadman", but in Hart's book he talks a ton about Taker and the mutual respect they share for one another. They seem to be very close. I suspect HBK is going to get his WM rematch with Taker helping Vince with Bret, only for Vince to make it a tag team match with he and Shawn vs Bret and Taker.

I see it playing out very similar to Shawn's turn on Hogan in... well, whenever it was. He turns heel because he needs to do it to get the match he wants, then switches back right afterwards.

If Hart comes out next week and plays up his medical history (career-ending concussion leading to near-fatal stroke), a cheapshot kick from Shawn at the end of the show could get over huge. Then you can have Taker respond by accepting the challenge, and Shawn and Taker have their feud while Bret focuses on Vince.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:05 AM   #2477
miami_fan
Coordinator

'Dr. Death' Steve Williams Dies at 49

'Dr. Death' Steve Williams Dies at 49 -- Back Porch FanHouse

Quote:
"Dr. Death" Steve Williams, a legend in professional wrestling and former University of Oklahoma football player, died Tuesday night after a lengthy battle with throat cancer.

Williams was first introduced to pro wrestling through Bill Watts' Mid-South Wrestling in 1982. At the time of his recruitment, Williams was a star lineman and four-time All-American heavyweight wrestler at Oklahoma.

Williams later formed great tag teams, including ones with Ted DiBiase Sr. and Terry Gordy (dubbed "Miracle Violence Connection"). During the 80s and 90s, he took part in many classic matches and became a major star for All Japan Pro Wrestling. A main eventer in Japan for many years, Williams became one of the most successful foreign athletes in Japanese wrestling history.

Over his career, some of the titles Williams held included the UWF Heavyweight Championship, NWA World Tag Team Championship and the WCW World Tag Team Championship. He also fought for the ECW World Title in 1997, but lost to then-champion Raven.

"Steve Williams, mentally and physically, is the toughest athlete I've ever seen in any walk of life or any sport, including the NFL," said WWE commentator Jim Ross in a 2007 interview. "[And] he has a heart of gold."

In 2004, Williams underwent surgery to remove his larynx and was declared cancer-free the following year. He signed with WWE to help train up-and-comers in developmental promotion Ohio Valley Wrestling. "I've been a fighter all my life. I never gave up," Williams told WWE.com after the release of his 2007 book, How Dr. Death Became Dr. Life.

Sadly, Williams' cancer returned this year after he seemingly beat the odds. In June 2009, after the tragic death of longtime rival and friend Mitsuharu Misawa, Williams announced he would retire from the ring after 27 years. His final match was held on October 25 in Tokyo.

Photo of Steve Williams © 2009 World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #2478
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, hated to hear about Williams, he fought cancer like the badass he was.
RIP Doc.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:42 AM   #2479
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Interesting! It might explain why the UT/HBK rematch is even being discussed which I thought sounded lame. HBK losing to UT again because I really doubt they were going to ruin the steak against someone that is already legendary.

The idea you have would make a lot of sense.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:21 AM   #2480
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I hope that tonight's RAW is an epic one.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #2481
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I see it playing out very similar to Shawn's turn on Hogan in... well, whenever it was. He turns heel because he needs to do it to get the match he wants, then switches back right afterwards.

If Hart comes out next week and plays up his medical history (career-ending concussion leading to near-fatal stroke), a cheapshot kick from Shawn at the end of the show could get over huge. Then you can have Taker respond by accepting the challenge, and Shawn and Taker have their feud while Bret focuses on Vince.

I don't see Bret willing to take sweet chin music and the risk considering how much he dislikes Shawn and his history with how he got hurt (goldberg)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #2482
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I don't see Bret willing to take sweet chin music and the risk considering how much he dislikes Shawn and his history with how he got hurt (goldberg)
Yeah, I'm assuming Bret can take a bump. Especially since they sound like they're building to some sort of match with Vince at Mania. If he can't, then obviously they have to go a different direction with everything.

As much as Bret hates (hated?) Shawn, he always had good things to say about him in the ring. If he doesn't trust him enough to take a kick then maybe they should just be kept compeltely separate.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 01-04-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #2483
molson
General Manager

While it's pretty sad that the 2010 version of the Monday Night Wars pits Hulk Hogan v. Bret Hart - this is still the most anticipating I've had for wrestling on Monday night for at least 5 years.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #2484
Flasch186
Coordinator

I was saddened to see

Spoiler

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #2485
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Jeff Hardy????? Shocker.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #2486
DeToxRox
Head Coach

What an awful beginning for TNA. A match people wanna see, put inside an awful looking structure that looks awful on TV, that somehow ends in a no contest, then everyone stands around for the most anticlimatic debut ever.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #2487
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Semi-enjoyable clusterfuck. Think they should have had Homicide prove he can climb out of that before they came up with that finish
Old 01-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #2488
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
What an awful beginning for TNA. A match people wanna see, put inside an awful looking structure that looks awful on TV, that somehow ends in a no contest, then everyone stands around for the most anticlimatic debut ever.

my wife said the same thing so it is a auspicious start.

Nash's speech was horrible too. WTF.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 01-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #2489
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's virtually everything I hated about WCW on the way back to ruin another promotion. Remember kids, they don't call it X-Pac heat for nothing.

Incidentally, among the rumors/reports floating around today is that they've signed the noted wrestling genius Bubba the Love Sponge to work some of the backstage segments. Gee, that's some must-see TV there.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #2490
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nash's speech was horrible too. WTF.

It was live, he's out of practice.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #2491
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

awww...i missed the "nWo reformation" angle? bummer
Old 01-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #2492
Flasch186
Coordinator

Flair is a nice surprise.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #2493
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(sings) There's a moon out tonight.. whoa-oh-oh-oh...
Old 01-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #2494
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

TNA needs to get use to producing live television because right now I am not liking the production values.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #2495
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Flair is a nice surprise.

whooo? where'd i miss Natch!!?!?!?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #2496
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
whooo? where'd i miss Natch!!?!?!?

That's who was in the (first) limo.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #2497
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaargh. oh well - i'll just wait till somebody posts the shit on youtube later tonight or some website and see it then.

i've got a guy i used to e-fed with back in the late 90's who was a total Bret Hart mark who is so amped beyond belief for tonight it's somewhat amusing. so i'm sure i'll get clued in to when that's going down.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-04-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #2498
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

It was scintillating.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #2499
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
aaargh. oh well - i'll just wait till somebody posts the shit on youtube later tonight or some website and see it then.

You didn't miss anything (yet), he just got out of the limo & was greeted by Beer Money & Slick Johnson.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #2500
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just wait, next week or two (as soon as he heals up from an indy tour) we get the return of Sid Eudy.