Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Headed Goal PC Soccer V3

This game comes from the producers of the excellent pc Pro & College football SAT (Second and Ten). For any of our sports board gamers here (JIMGA OR Rowech)they will recognize this one from the Delphi Tabletop sports forum and ROOGAMES. They just recently announced an update to from what I have seen with the old version already an excellent game. It comes with a ton of club seasons from around the globe and you can create your own leagues based on real teams from any league as long as you want to work on building the players/teams by inputting stats into the editor. The game is alot of fun but is strictly are play game no career mode just to be clear. I think the 20 pounds for the game is well worth it myself and am going to download and buy it.The new game version out in a couple of weeks is free to owners of the original. There will be two pay expansions with new seasons one will have the WC OF 2006 and 2010 and the other will have a bunch of 2009 Europe seasons. The game has some tactics and subs as well as all the players. I like the game sounds and the results are very accurate. It is not as crisp a replay game as FM 2010 but is still a load of fun and no need to spend a ton of time studying spreadsheets of numbers to build the teams though some folks I know enjoy that.

the game details:

The conversion stays faithful to the original game, but the game design has been built on in certain areas to add to the action which is recreated.

Game Overview:

Headed Goal gives you all the drama and excitement of Club and International soccer. It is a replay simulation based on the dice and chart game Full Time, but this design has been expanded in many ways to give many user options and key tactical decisions to be made while still maintaining the integrity required of any replay simulation Pick your team, set your formation brief your players. Pass to feet or look for your towering striker. Push players forward in search of the winning goal, or switch to 5-5-0! to defend a one goal lead away from home. Keep an eye on the action to spot those players not performing on the day - Is your key midfielder tiring late in the game - Do you need fresh legs for extra time or is your best penalty taker sitting on the bench as the dreaded lottery approaches.

Seasons:

The program comes with the following seasons/tournaments:

World Cup 1998, 2002

Euro 1996, 2000, 2004

English Premier League 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004

Spanish 1st Division 2003, 2004

Scottish Premier League 2003

German Bundesliga 2003, 2004

Italian Serie A 2003, 2004

Champions of Europe 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 (16 Second Phase Champions League teams + 8 UEFA Cup quarter-finalists)

Major League Soccer 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

18 All-Time-Great International teams (made up of each countries greatest players).

Gameplay:

The pre-game screen will allow you to select your starting XI taking into account the opposition and any current injuries or suspensions. Then select your formation from the tactics screen and decide who will play where.

The Match Screen then displays a basic graphical representation of the pitch and team line-ups. Running commentary is displayed with the action constantly updated on the pitch display. Full sound effects add to the excitement and tension. At various points during the game, Tactical options are available through the tactics screen. These include time-wasting, looking for target men, playing the offside game, favouring one side of the field (your strength or their weakness), playing a more attacking or defensive game (without requiring a change of formation) and going in hard to win the ball. Player ratings are be taken into account when determining results of tackles, headers and disputed balls. You will see every shot on goal both graphically and will full and varied commentary, and every significant challenge in the game. Yellow and red cards, tiring, varying form, unavailable players, injuries, suspensions, strict and lenient referees await and a strong AI opponent will set the bench-mark for performance.

Editing Suite:

A full editing suite is included to allow you to enter competitions, countries and clubs, grounds, players and teams. Emphasis has been placed on a tournament creation facility which allows a variety of formats to be created, with a number of options within each format. You can also set up league and cup competitions.

Statistics:

Full details for every game is stored - accessible through the league and tournament fixture screens. These include a match stats screen as well as viewable and printable match report. Sortable and printable player stats are also included

Here is the new version and seasons addons announcement for anyone interested:
I've been paying some attention to the other thread on Headed Goal. The reason I didn't respond is simply because there was no news to give. I've learnt the hard way not to say anything about updates or releases unless I am 100% sure I can deliver.

So the good news is that there will be an update for Headed Goal. This will be released sometime in July (no further announcement until it is ready).

Version 3 will have revamped screen displays hopefully making the appearance more interesting. It will also make the creation of teams and competitions easier to achieve, and also simplify the various options on the main screen (which even I sometimes struggle to understand).

I also intend to release two new official competition updates.

1. World Cup I - This will contain the 1954, 1970, 2006 and 2010 competitions.
2. 2010 Update - This will contain the 2010 English Premier League, 2010 Champions League (probably the last 16 teams), and 2010 Europa League (last 8 teams).

V3 will be a free update, but the competition updates will need to be purchased.

I've attached a couple of V3 screenshots.

Last edited by Galaril : 07-01-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
rowech
Pro Starter

I tried the demo long ago and liked it but without regular updates to teams available, not sure it's worth it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Nugget699
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I tried the demo long ago and liked it but without regular updates to teams available, not sure it's worth it.

This.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

Yes, I agree but now with the two new season sets and a bunch more of the user community has set to work on some other sets like old NASL seasons and some other international leagues in Europe, asia and S. America it has alot more to offer. ymmv
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Do they have a forum?

Edit: found it over at second and ten

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-01-2010 at 09:27 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote