Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Dog Shedding

Anybody have a solution? I have a short hair Jack Russell and we're looking for better ways to control the dog hair that is everywhere in our house. I've tried bathing her once a week and combing her regularly but doesn't seem to help. Has anybody tried one of those vacuum attachments?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what it's called but my wife found something. It's a glove that you wear and brush him with. It seems to get a lot of the shedding hair and has helped some, or we have convinced ourselves that it has.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
Landshark44
High School Varsity

shave him......70$ for a lab/husky, at the local petsmart or dog groomer. less for a jack russell, im sure....
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
Anthony
Banned

you ever try asking it to stop?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark44 View Post
shave him......70$ for a lab/husky, at the local petsmart or dog groomer. less for a jack russell, im sure....

We've got her groomed twice - back to back months - and really didn't see a difference.

I actually called the groomer and she said to try: Linatone Plus for Dogs. So I'm going to give that a whirl.

EF: I did hear that those glove brushes do work. They wife and I are going to the pet store today - I'll pick one of those up too

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 07-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Just go Old Yeller on him.

Problem solved.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
DanGarion
Coordinator

Unless he's got long hair, I wouldn't suggest shaving a Jack Russell. Honestly the best way to prevent shedding is not getting a dog that sheds. Let me talk to the wife later and see what she says. We own a grooming shop and she runs it.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I tried shaving her once - but she's a short haired JR and I felt like I was more pulling her hair than I was "shaving" it.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 07-23-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Anybody have a solution? I have a short hair Jack Russell and we're looking for better ways to control the dog hair that is everywhere in our house. I've tried bathing her once a week and combing her regularly but doesn't seem to help. Has anybody tried one of those vacuum attachments?

Good luck, if I sit down with my ratty, I am carrying part of him with me for the rest of the day.

Many will tell you that putting your dog on food with as much Omega-3 as possible will help. Don't know if that is true or just a way to sell certain kinds of dog food.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

A basic rule of dog ownership.

There are two kinds of dogs. Those that shed, and those that need to be groomed.

We've decided that vacuum bags are cheaper than grooming bills. You do have to vacuum extra before any company comes over, but we've adjusted.

We have another general dog classification for dogs that slobber. We love the look and personality of Newfoundlands, but oh my god do they slobber and drool. I'll take a dog that sheds over a dog that drools anytime.

On the drool note our 13 YO cardigan corgi has started to slobber out of one side of his mouth. Partial facial paralysis. The drool is more disgusting, but less disturbing than the fact that he now sleeps, literally, with one eye open.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 07-23-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
A basic rule of dog ownership.

There are two kinds of dogs. Those that shed, and those that need to be groomed.

We've decided that vacuum bags are cheaper than grooming bills. You do have to vacuum extra before any company comes over, but we've adjusted.

We have another general dog classification for dogs that slobber. We love the look and personality of Newfoundlands, but oh my god do they slobber and drool. I'll take a dog that sheds over a dog that drools anytime.

On the drool note our 13 YO cardigan corgi has started to slobber out of one side of his mouth. Partial facial paralysis. The drool is more disgusting, but less disturbing than the fact that he now sleeps, literally, with one eye open.

yuck - never would want a dog that drooled

Vacuuming daily has and still will be an everyday chore but now with a newborn, my wife is pretty sick of hair on everything....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders