Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #51
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jesus, whoever was driving that truck better lose their license for a long time...

FWIW the sporting news is reporting he had no serious injuries (amazingly) and is only out Saturday.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #52
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Jesus, whoever was driving that truck better lose their license for a long time...

FWIW the sporting news is reporting he had no serious injuries (amazingly) and is only out Saturday.

I saw the initial report he was out just for Saturday. Something came out and said the season now. Not sure the credibility of it though.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #53
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

A couple of columns addressing the NCAA's denial of Masoli's waiver request to play this season:

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms...r-football.csp
http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-colleg...masoli-ruling/
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #54
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa OL Josh Koeppels moped accident. He suffered scrapes and bruises is all. Thank God.

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #55
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Iowa OL Josh Koeppels moped accident. He suffered scrapes and bruises is all. Thank God.

If you think that's crazy you should see the video on page 1.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #56
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Page 2 is love. Page 1 is not.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #57
tarcone
Coordinator

Didnt see that. Sorry for the re-post.

The Iowa City PD is not happy. Someones head is going to roll.

hxxp://hawkcentral.com/2010/09/01/iowa-football-police-investigating-leak-of-josh-koeppel-crash-video/

So I added a little.

Last edited by tarcone : 09-01-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #58
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
schadjoe

Missouri RB Derrick Washington "permanantly suspended" from program

Also saw this on another forum with it

GabeDeArmond

#Mizzou has announced Derrick Washington has been "permanently suspended." He will not return to the Tiger football team.

Poor MBBF, now people are just piling on:

ChipBrownOB

Rough month for #Mizzou with Washington being kicked off team, and 3 others involved in DWI-related arrests, including an asst coach.

Related to the DWI's, it's actually very surprising that these kids are doing something like that. It's well known that the police target the students. Stupid kids being stupid kids I suppose.

I'm excited to see Kendial Lawrence get the ball as the starter. Certainly a loss to lose Washington, but Lawrence has a ton of talent and could easily make us forget about Washington.

Ron Zook is going to be sending out the 2-9 defense that Navy employed in the bowl game last year. He tried this defense once before and Mizzou handled it well. We'll see if they have any better success this time. Lawrence is a speedster and could tear that two-man defensive line to shreds.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #59
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Page 2 is love. Page 1 is not.

The entire law is summed up in a single command 'Love your neighbor as yourself."
Galatians 5:14
Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #60
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Related to the DWI's, it's actually very surprising that these kids are doing something like that. It's well known that the police target the students. Stupid kids being stupid kids I suppose.

I'm excited to see Kendial Lawrence get the ball as the starter. Certainly a loss to lose Washington, but Lawrence has a ton of talent and could easily make us forget about Washington.

Ron Zook is going to be sending out the 2-9 defense that Navy employed in the bowl game last year. He tried this defense once before and Mizzou handled it well. We'll see if they have any better success this time. Lawrence is a speedster and could tear that two-man defensive line to shreds.

Will Lawrence be able to handle the blitz? Is the spread, if not, it will be a long night.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #61
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's well known that the police target the students.

For shame!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #62
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This just in: It's well known that the sky is blue.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #63
Tigercat
College Starter

Looks like there is a possibility of UNC having a big hole in its team when they play LSU Saturday. Although the reliability of the information ESPN corespondents put on their twitter has been questionable as of late, here is what Joe Schad has heard tonight:

North Carolina leaves for Atlanta at 9:30 a.m. on Fri. The school may know by they which players cannot play and which held for precaution.
43 minutes ago via web

North Carolina may be wiped out complely at RB against LSU
about 1 hour ago via web

Star North Carolina DE Robert Quinn is being investigated for possible illegal interaction with an agent
about 1 hour ago via web

North Carolina is exploring the possibility of rolling suspensions spread over multiple games
about 1 hour ago via web

North Carolina is preparing to go without up to 16 players vs. LSU
about 1 hour ago via web
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #64
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
Looks like there is a possibility of UNC having a big hole in its team when they play LSU Saturday.

Going back to the end of last week there was lots of local chatter concerning the fact that UNC may have as few as 5 and as many as 15 or more players out for the LSU game due to all the shit coming out. Early this week I caught a short segment on local sports talk radio talking about how Butch Davis didn't release a depth chart or discuss any individual players in the media info they usually put out on Monday's before a game, with most assuming the reason for this was that there were many suspensions to come before the game. As of yesterday at least I had seen a couple sports betting sites weren't releasing a line on the UNC/LSU game, also presumably for this reason. Everyone around here seems to be thinking that anyone possibly linked to the academic scandal is going to sit out until the investigation is over, and that most likely there is a LOT of the starting defense on that list.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #65
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
FINALLY!!!!

Time for kickoff gents! I even woke up early today, even though the first game isn't until tonight!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #66
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Going back to the end of last week there was lots of local chatter concerning the fact that UNC may have as few as 5 and as many as 15 or more players out for the LSU game due to all the shit coming out. Early this week I caught a short segment on local sports talk radio talking about how Butch Davis didn't release a depth chart or discuss any individual players in the media info they usually put out on Monday's before a game, with most assuming the reason for this was that there were many suspensions to come before the game. As of yesterday at least I had seen a couple sports betting sites weren't releasing a line on the UNC/LSU game, also presumably for this reason. Everyone around here seems to be thinking that anyone possibly linked to the academic scandal is going to sit out until the investigation is over, and that most likely there is a LOT of the starting defense on that list.

maybe whatever punishment is ultimately levied against UNC, someone can petition the ACC to add another year to it...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #67
whomario
Pro Starter

Can someone explain to me why the truck drivers name
is published in full ? (and not John L. or sth)

Police release details on Koeppel accident, video leak | GazetteOnline.com

hasn´t got anything to do with football, but i´m curious if that´s legal by US (or state) laws ?

Not that he doesn´t deserve to get some crap for it, but still seems weird ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-02-2010 at 07:58 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #68
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What's the likelihood of rolling suspensions? I'm trying to recall what FSU did when "tutor-gate" happened. I know they pulled everyone involved from the 2008 Music City Bowl (25+ players, as I recall), and then they doled out 3 or 4 game suspensions to start the 2008 season. What I don't recall is if they tried or were allowed to use rolling suspensions at the start of that year. I seem to think they just pulled them all for the first 3-4 games of the year.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-02-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #69
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

hasn´t got anything to do with football, but i´m curious if that´s legal by US (or state) laws ?

I don't find it weird. They probably just got that info off the police report. Most local traffic incidents that get put on the news at night have the names of all those involved mentioned, even if there are no arrests.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #70
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

One of the lawyers on the board can correct me, but I believe if it is a matter of public record his name can be published as long as he isn't a minor.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #71
Thomkal
Head Coach

Clearly my local team Coastal Carolina is going to upset West Virginia this week....okay maybe not. Just hope we can avoid any major injuries and some intriguing storylines from the preseason-our newly found strength at TE and ongoing strength in the secondary show up in some part during the game and not in a bad way.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #72
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I found this quote that sums my feelings up...I can't wait..

"If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother."
--- Bo Jackson
Old 09-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #73
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Will Lawrence be able to handle the blitz? Is the spread, if not, it will be a long night.

Lawrence is a more elusive runner than Washington. Even if they send three blitzers out of that 2-9 defense, you've still only got five to block. The intent of the Illinois defense won't be to pressure the QB. Gabbert could have 8-10 seconds to throw the ball on several plays in this game. It's just that there's going to be DB's everywhere downfield. But if Mizzou gets a few good runs against that 2 man line, they'll be forced to come up.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #74
MrBug708
Head Coach

Uona Kaveinga officially lost his appeal to play this year for BYU.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #75
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I believe if it is a matter of public record his name can be published as long as he isn't a minor.

Pretty much
Old 09-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #76
JeeberD
General Manager

UTEP RB Donald Buckram, the second leading returning rusher in the nation, suffered a knee injury during practice yesterday. He's scheduled for an MRI today...hopefully it's nothing too serious.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #77
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I touched on this briefly in a different thread, but #4 William & Mary is playing at UMass this weekend (In D1 terms, that's about equal to Florida@Auburn) to kick off the season. Now, while I do like the playoff for FCS, for proponents of the system this is exactly the type of early season game that is rendered fairly meaningless by the playoff system, since each can lose 3-4 games and still make it. I'm personally a lot more interested in the outcome of games like OSU/TCU, Boise/VT, even Notre Dame/Purdue because of their potential implications on the national title picture.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #78
Ksyrup

So we'd get a great early season matchup AND 2 top-tier teams' seasons wouldn't automatically be on life support if they lose the game... and that's not a plus for a playoff system?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #79
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So we'd get a great early season matchup AND 2 top-tier teams' seasons wouldn't automatically be on life support if they lose the game... and that's not a plus for a playoff system?
All I'm saying is that it has its tradeoffs. The intensity and importance of the games that are actually happening this week would be severely diminished. For any team wanting a shot now in D1A, 1 loss significantly hurts or kills your chances, and a 2nd certainly does, so any loss is devastating (and conversely, every win against a real opponent is invigorating.) If Florida State could afford to lose 3 games, I'm guessing your level of excitement for each game would go down.

(And the early season matchups wouldn't change - UMass/W&M are in the same conference, the CAA just chooses to actually schedule real games week 1 unlike the SEC or most D1A conferences.)
Old 09-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #80
tarcone
Coordinator

Who you watchin'?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #81
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Pitt @ Utah at 830pm is the highlight of the night, but I'll be checking out Southern Miss@Sakarlina (730) and USC@Hawaii (1100) on ESPN until they become blowouts. ESPN does have superior coverage, even when blowhards like Craig James are involved in the broadcast booth. Rhode Island is @ Buffalo, and maybe with a win they won't drop football in the next 2 years, but Villanova@Temple tomorrow and Richmond@UVa on Sat are the CAA's best chances to win a game vs an FBS team this week.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #82
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Honestly...Mark May is a homer...and not because he picked against BYU (He already hates us and will pick against us no matter what)

Anyways, they were talking about Boise and how if they run the table do they deserve a spot in the NC...Mark was saying no...Lou was saying absolutely, they are starting the season ranked 3 and if they go undefeated they will and should...Mark said a 1 loss SEC, Big 12 or Big 10 team would get in before...
Old 09-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #83
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ESPN3 + Mosaic= EPIC!!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #84
tarcone
Coordinator

Great. Severe weather rolling thru my area. Means I will lose my directv.
Guess Espn3 is on tap tonight.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #85
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
ESPN3 + Mosaic= EPIC!!

Yeah - first time using mosaic - awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #86
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Great. Severe weather rolling thru my area. Means I will lose my directv.
Guess Espn3 is on tap tonight.

About 10 miles down 44 from you. Same thing about to happen here.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #87
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
maybe whatever punishment is ultimately levied against UNC, someone can petition the ACC to add another year to it...

...and extend it to all the other athletics programs. And, give the basketball program a lifetime ban while we're at it. (Seriously, this whole thing is coming undone because it's the football program. Roy could have mass murderers on his basketball team and nothing would come of it.)
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #88
wade moore
lolzcat

No offense to the Rutgers fans on the board - but W&M played @ NSU last year and I was there. They're not good, at ALL. THis would worry me if I was a Rutgers fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #89
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
About 10 miles down 44 from you. Same thing about to happen here.

Are you in St Clair?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #90
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Georgia State leads Shorter College 20-0 at the half of the Panthers first ever football game.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #91
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Are you in St Clair?

Eureka.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #92
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Eureka.

Wow. You are like 5 minutes away. Thats crazy.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #93
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You know, this is the second reference to "MTSU" in this thread that I have seen today. Last I checked, MTSU stands for Middle Tennessee State University. Also last time I checked, they were of no importance whatsoever. Why is MTSU not only getting mentions, but even what sounds like respect? Did I miss something?

10:40 left Q3
MTSU 17
Minnesota 14
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #94
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Rhode Island is @ Buffalo, and maybe with a win they won't drop football in the next 2 years,

3:34 left Q3
Buffalo 31
Rhode Island 0
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #95
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Wow Pitt is falling apart
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #96
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The Utah QB is a bit gun shy...nice chuck and duck INT.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #97
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Georgia State leads Shorter College 20-0 at the half of the Panthers first ever football game.

Which team is the Panthers?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #98
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Which team is the Panthers?

West Dillon
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #99
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wow. You are like 5 minutes away. Thats crazy.

Yeah was just down at the DMV in Pacific this afternoon. How long have they been fixing that outer road, like 15 years?

Last edited by panerd : 09-02-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #100
tarcone
Coordinator

Yeah. Its a mess. Last year at the end of the school year was murder on the school buses.
They hit some electrical lines a couple days ago.

Its been fun.